Mar 31, 2011, 06:55 PM
US ARMY retired
Hey guys Im building my first P51bl and i got the bare airframe, I fly helis and had a slow stick, is there a good center of gravity point on this bird? that i should balance from? thanks
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2011, 07:17 PM
Why did I sell them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by decuzar View Post
Hey guys Im building my first P51bl and i got the bare airframe, I fly helis and had a slow stick, is there a good center of gravity point on this bird? that i should balance from? thanks
Yep

Flip it upside down and use the 2 little ovals about an 1 1/2 Inches from the LE of wing. Thats where I Balance mine and it flies great!

Now has anyone had to repair a broken Corsair Landing Gear on there p51?

I some how managed to snap the plate... thinking I may just Epoxy the sucker back in or leave it as a Belly Lander.
Mar 31, 2011, 07:27 PM
US ARMY retired
Thanks for the reply cloaked but Im not sure what ovals your talking about, there are a ton of small 1/4 ovals in the second pic there are 2 big ovals but they are not at the leading edge do you mean those?
Mar 31, 2011, 07:36 PM
US ARMY retired
I found the ovals after a bit more research (googling lol) thanks cloaked
Mar 31, 2011, 07:38 PM
Why did I sell them all.
Sorry I didnt explain it very well did I...

On the top of the wing the 2 lil ovals you balance it there with the plane upside down..

That make more sense?

Oh wait you found it... nevermind.
Mar 31, 2011, 09:23 PM
I need to ck the CG points on mine, just haven't done it yet... I figured since I was flying it stock I should be off too much, and wasn't... only a couple clicks of trim to flattem her out on first flight

after reading the posts I checked the manual and it mentions 2 3/4"/70 mm from LE

I'm going to garage to look for those "small ovals" on top the wing...

***update: there it is... and I measured it and sure enough, it's 2 3/4" back from the LE... measured from where the wing joins the fuse (root?)

-M
Last edited by Mark Huff; Mar 31, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
Mar 31, 2011, 09:45 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul5910 View Post
Thanks Mondo. I should have ordered the 2100, or even 2200 packs now that you mention it. I just ordered the 1800 because that is what I fly in my Alpha 450, which as sweet as it flies, would probably fly even better with 2200 packs. Live and learn... I'll know next time.

Paul
Be prepared to move you battery way back to balance with 1800s and that new motor. Luckily, there's room a plenty in this plane.
Apr 01, 2011, 01:07 AM
Krex, I will be looking forward to moving the battery back for a change! LOL What do you think your plane is doing (MPH) with your setup? HK sent me a message saying my package will be here in under a month or something like that. My 10x10 props got here today!

Paul
Apr 01, 2011, 02:01 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
The gunfighter seems to have a wide CG range - I've flown with my 2200 all the way forward for slicing through the wind and I've also put it all the way back over the aileron wire hole for a floaty landing.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:35 PM
Jagd Flieger
I have some questions about the p-51bl Gunfighter.

First of all this is my very first time on a thread of any kind.
I have been flying for almost a year now, I have 201 flights on the Super Cub (50 of which with ailerons) and I have 342 flights with the UM P-51 Mustang. I am quite confident in flying both planes, I am looking to get a third plane. I am interested in the P-51bl Gunfighter, I have heard that it is a very good plane to fly.

Do you think that it is a good third plane and that it shoud be no problem to fly compared to my other two planes.

Are there any tips to flying this plane, I plan on buying it next week.

Thanks for any help.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabastian View Post
I have some questions about the p-51bl Gunfighter.

First of all this is my very first time on a thread of any kind.
I have been flying for almost a year now, I have 201 flights on the Super Cub (50 of which with ailerons) and I have 342 flights with the UM P-51 Mustang. I am quite confident in flying both planes, I am looking to get a third plane. I am interested in the P-51bl Gunfighter, I have heard that it is a very good plane to fly.

Do you think that it is a good third plane and that it shoud be no problem to fly compared to my other two planes.

Are there any tips to flying this plane, I plan on buying it next week.

Thanks for any help.
You will like it. I maiden mine this morning, love it. very smooth and easy to fly.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:40 PM
Electric since 1990
Shouldn't have any trouble. It does require a hand launch though. Just give a good shove around 3/4 throttle and get your hand on the stick. It is also faster than the others.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:43 PM
For those that have this plane and the Wildcat, which one would you say handles wind better? Which one can get slower at landing?

I'm pondering the Wildcat or wait for the next offering this summer.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:46 PM
Why did I sell them all.
Im trying to decide whether I want the Wildcat or the F4U Corsair

Also my advise for the P51 keep your speed up untill your straight and level on final for landing. Then back off the throttle and watch her glide in.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
For those that have this plane and the Wildcat, which one would you say handles wind better? Which one can get slower at landing?

I'm pondering the Wildcat or wait for the next offering this summer.
I have been trying to come up with an answer to your question, but for the life of me I don't know which one I would choose over the other. They both fly as if on rails, can handle wind, and both can land slowly. Just get both..

Terry

Quick Reply