This thread is privately moderated by jetset44, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 26, 2009, 01:25 AM
Park Jet Guru
Download

F/A-22 Raptor Park Jet

The goal of this model was to capture the unmistakable look of the F/A-22 Raptor in an easy to build semi-scale model that could be flown in small fields. This model features a functional thrust vectoring (TV) system in the pitch axis, just like the real F/A-22. The TV system provides incredible maneuverability, enabling tight turns and loops, flips, tailslides, and greatly enhanced pitch control at low speeds/high alpha. The TV system is electronically mixed to the stabilators using transmitter mixing, and can be turned on and off in flight with a switch. The TV system is completely optional and can be omitted to simplify the model (this model is just as manueverable as any of my park jets without it).

This model is quick on the controls, but is stable, well-mannered and easy to fly. It was sized and designed specifically for the Littlescreamers Park Jet Special motor, though other motors could also work. Construction is similar to my other park jets, but is a little more complicated since it requires a lot of bevel cuts and extensive heat forming of the 3mm Depron upper fuselage.

Specs:
Wing area: 248 sq in
Span: 26.0"
Length: 36.3"
Weight RTF: 16 to 18 oz
Wing loading: 10.5 oz/ft2
Motor: Littlescreamers Park Jet Special (LSPJ)
Battery: Thunder Power 1320 mAh 11.1V Prolite
Prop: APC 6x4
Speed control: Castle Creations Phoenix 25
Current: 15 amps
Watts: 150 watts
Power loading: 140 to 150 watts/lb
Flight controls: Stabilator, flaperons, rudder (optional), thrust vectoring (optional)

Useful links:

Construction Guide: See attachments below

Build Thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628812

Kits available from: www.6mmflyrc.com

Construction article published in: Model Airplane News, November 2011

Flight video:
6mmFlyRC F-22 Raptor (3 min 20 sec)
Last edited by jetset44; Oct 26, 2014 at 01:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2012, 01:04 PM

f 22 Raptor

Hi,
Im currently building the raptor and just have a question about the flaperons and the stabs.
Whilst watching the video which is showing the thrust vectoring and the flaps moving, i noticed that they deflect in a opposite way.Is this meant to be the case as surely they then would be acting against each other and the desired effect would be reduced.
any advice on this would be great as i would like to sort this out before the bottom is fixed on
Cheers Chewi
Feb 13, 2012, 10:21 PM
Park Jet Guru
chewi,
Yes, I use flaperon/elevator mixing on all my park jets. Dropping the flaps increases wing lift, which enables tighter and smoother turns. Yes, on a model like the F-22 where the wing trailing edge and tail are so close, the pitching moments of the two tend to counteract each other. However, I test flew my Raptor with the mixing turned off and on and thought it flew slightly better with it on, so I left it. This mixing makes an even bigger difference on other park jets, where there is more separation between the wing and tail.
Feb 18, 2012, 08:00 AM

raptor f22

That now makes sense to me. I need to accept the flaperons as just being a aileron control with extra lift and all the elevator control coming from the stabs.
thanks for your help
Apr 16, 2012, 08:12 AM
could u show me kind of a circuit diagram of all the electronics?
Apr 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
Park Jet Guru
I don't have a circuit diagram. Take a look at the build manual, which has internal pictures showing where I put all the electronics.
Mar 15, 2013, 08:52 PM

How to build sevors with rx and set Tx

Dear

Thanks for your tech about planes, I follow your build F/A-22 well done, but I didnt know how to connect sevor to rx and set Tx ( my Tx is Fsky).
Could you show me how to do,
Thanks so much.

My email: ngogia_event@yahoo.com
Sep 18, 2013, 01:03 PM
This thread is quite old now. 6mm has a Raptor kit with two different motor combos as well. Which motor combo would you recommend for the Raptor?

Thanks!
Sep 05, 2016, 07:01 PM
G.T
G.T
Suspended Account
One of the best plans I have ... easy to build and easy to fix check it out I love it and you will
Flite Test - FT-22 Raptor (5 min 58 sec)

Quick Reply