This thread is privately moderated by Jim T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 21, 2009, 03:28 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
Discussion

To Jim C. Graham from Jim T. Graham

My Dad was quite a man. He ran hot rods in the 50's, was a Marine during the Korean war and was one of the first in his family to go to college. He stood 6 foot 5 and could run a bank, a truck dealership and the chamber of commerce during during the day and make friends in a biker bar at night... back when bikers were for real. My Dad was a rough, tough, straight talking type of fellow but he always had our backs and best interests at heart. I know a lot of what I am is because of him. I held his hand the day he died and I have missed him every day since. So raise a glass to my "Pop", Mr. Jim C. Graham. He was a hell of a guy and we all miss him.

Below is a link to a video for my Dad.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=2595595
Last edited by Jim T.; Jun 21, 2009 at 03:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2009, 05:37 PM
][' ([]) ([]) [[_
very nice short story about your farther.i feel a little bit the same way i bloged about my dearest friend a mounth ago who was hit by a semi. ill miss the ideas and spirit he brought us
in loving memory joel thorn.
Jun 23, 2009, 07:53 AM
Slow Flyer
Hi Jim:
Sounds like he was one heck of a man. Nice tribute.
Rob
Jun 24, 2009, 08:24 AM
I'll raise a glass to your dad, as a fellow biker myself!
Jun 28, 2009, 03:05 PM
Got Water ?? Lets Fly !!
Jim

Very nice tribute to your dad. A great deal of accomplishments in his life.
I fly a Marine flag on my Harley in memory of all Marines. I will raise a glass to your wonderful dad and may his memory never fade.

I'll leave you with this tribute to all dads.....

A dad is someone who gives you the tools to build your life, the knowledge to use them successfully, the encouragement to overcome obstacles along the way, and the confidence to take pride in a job well done.

Jim, in my opinion your dad did a top shelf job in all these areas !!

~doug
Jul 01, 2009, 07:34 AM
Jim,

you probably don't really know me, except for my interaction with RCG via my various threads and posts, but I stumbled over your blog, and your short story about your Dad, caught my attention. I had a similar connection with my Mom, in terms of inspiration, she was my hero and why I am the person I am.

It is very interesting, that in some inopportune moments one finds unexpectedly, great people, some totally strangers with similar inspiring stories. Very seldon people post about their fathers, this is very inspiring and I commend you for showing true feelings and honor towards your Dad in your blog.

In this day in age, this world needs more people who can really appreciate their parents and the subtle more important things in life.

Mario
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Jul 01, 2009 at 07:41 AM.
Jul 01, 2009, 08:23 AM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
Thanks for all the great posts yall!

Quick Reply