This thread is privately moderated by Bob McGowan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 20, 2009, 02:33 PM
Trader Rating: 25
Thread OP
For Sale

Falcon 600 2-meter RTF

A classic designed by Mark Allen, but still competitive today. I brought her out of retirement to fly the 2008 contest season, but now Iíve moved on to the Kennedy Composites Sprite.

While this design usually has a one piece wing, Mark made my wings special as a factory equipped two piece with titanium wing rod. This is one of the earlier ones with balsa skins over foam rather than obechie. Rudder and stabs are built up balsa. Fuselage is 2.4 safe fiberglass.

The six installed servos are all Airtronics of the older analog type. Receiver is an Airtronics 8 channel 72mhz FM (old style plugs). Battery is AAA size and was good last season, but test it.

Itís never had what I'd call a crash. Fuselage has never been broken. Paint is scratched up and Monocote is patched here and there from use and various minor mishaps such as one tangle with a barb wire fence I remember. The two bolt holes at the center TE of the wing have been ripped out before on dork landings, but they are fixed and have been holding fine; one needs a Monocote patch as you can see in the pictures.

RTF weight is 43.74 ounces.

Asking $275 plus shipping OBO.
Last edited by Bob McGowan; Jun 20, 2009 at 02:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2009, 09:40 PM
Trader Rating: 109
Mark Triebes
Don't sell it, Bob!!!! This plane has a lot of history that goes with it ...

Missed you today out at Davis ... see ya next weekend.

Mark
Jun 20, 2009, 11:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusT
Don't sell it, Bob!!!! This plane has a lot of history that goes with it ...

Missed you today out at Davis ... see ya next weekend.

Mark
I know , but I still have my Falcon 800 put away

I am out of storage space and it's hard to pick what must leave.
Jun 21, 2009, 12:37 AM
Trader Rating: 48

Falcon

I second what Mark said. That plane has probally won about every contest on the west coast, many times more than once. Good luck with the sale.
See you at the Fall Fest. Mike from FSS
Jun 22, 2009, 04:29 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Howzit Bob, Would you like to swap the Falcon for a Mibo Swift?

It's too much of a plane for me to fly!! I need something more forgiving to fly. I can give you more info and pictures. It's in good shape!! I just get too nervous when I fly it.

Aloha, Maui Cruiser
Jun 22, 2009, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by modif3b
Howzit Bob, Would you like to swap the Falcon for a Mibo Swift?

It's too much of a plane for me to fly!! I need something more forgiving to fly. I can give you more info and pictures. It's in good shape!! I just get too nervous when I fly it.

Aloha, Maui Cruiser
Scale Swift S1: We have that plane already . We won the fuselage and obechie skinned wings in a raffle and I never knew who the maker of the kit was. Maybe it is not the exact swift you have. Ours is about a 2 meter span I think. It is a cool plane, but we donít slope soar much so it has not flown in years.

Thanks for proposing the trade, but I better not. Iím trying to clear space, not stay even.

Bob
Jun 22, 2009, 06:25 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Bob, yes it is the scale S1 I think it's around 90" wingspan. I know it was bigger than my Gerasis Fox which was around 2 meters.

Mahalo, Maui Cruiser
Jun 23, 2009, 09:52 AM
Thread OP

Price Reduction

Still available everyone. How about $225 plus shipping
Jun 23, 2009, 10:37 AM
Trader Rating: 88
ein flugel schplinterizer
I'll take it PM sent
Jul 01, 2009, 09:48 AM
Trader Rating: 88
ein flugel schplinterizer
Falcon arrived yesterday. It's actually in better shape than Bob described.

Thank you Bob!

Sean

Quick Reply