Please post pictures/videos of scale helis - Page 46 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jul 03, 2010, 08:51 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
cap231ex's Avatar
Fine job Sideways
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2010, 11:43 PM
MB-Commander
Minibichus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
Some more video of my T500 AS350. Windless conditions make it look like I sort of know how to fly, lol In this video, there is an example of settling under power, and some cool sounding 'inbound decending' rotor noises at times...kind of sounds like the real thing IMO


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA_TFaOr11Q
Let me guess... you're using e-stabi?

G.
Jul 04, 2010, 01:34 AM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
Thanks Cap


Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibichus
Let me guess... you're using e-stabi?

G.

That and a flybar...and there is actually a string above it holding it up

There is an added stabilizer type thing on it...KBDD .30-60 size paddles on it (2x T500 paddle weight). And to make it even more sluggish...1.5gr on each side of wheel collar . It's reeeeaaaaallll stable now
Jul 04, 2010, 03:26 PM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
BlackTitanium's Avatar
That was a really great flying video SidewaysLS4!!!
You really make me want to get a 500 size AS-350.

I love that ERA paint scheme too, but what I really want is the SmartModel Ecureuil Denmark Military.

C'mon Kin.... When is this going to be available!!!!
Jul 04, 2010, 03:33 PM
Registered User
OOOOOOooo Yeah!!!
Jul 04, 2010, 03:47 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Hoverup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium
That was a really great flying video SidewaysLS4!!!
You really make me want to get a 500 size AS-350.

I love that ERA paint scheme too, but what I really want is the SmartModel Ecureuil Denmark Military.

C'mon Kin.... When is this going to be available!!!!
Agreed, that is one baddddd Squirrel BT.
Jul 04, 2010, 03:53 PM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
Hey, thanks! Yeah, I really could go for that Denmark heli...the standard AS350 is a bit bland. That and someone other than Lightningheli making a 3 blade 500 head (which incidently is out of stock everywhere for that matter should one wish to roll the dice on LH)

I'll tell ya...that AS350 sure is edging closer and closer into morphing into a UH1, lol.
Jul 04, 2010, 03:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
Thanks Cap

That and a flybar...and there is actually a string above it holding it up

There is an added stabilizer type thing on it...KBDD .30-60 size paddles on it (2x T500 paddle weight). And to make it even more sluggish...1.5gr on each side of wheel collar . It's reeeeaaaaallll stable now
I too have added "nut weight" on the flybar on the 500 and Swift 16 .... if remember right it was about 3 grams each side on the 500 and 4 grams on the swift making it really easy and smooth.
Jul 04, 2010, 05:47 PM
Rotor madness!
Rodan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium
I love that ERA paint scheme too, but what I really want is the SmartModel Ecureuil Denmark Military.

C'mon Kin.... When is this going to be available!!!!
Just get one of the available fuses and paint it yourself!
Jul 04, 2010, 06:42 PM
Happy bluesman
hrbeta's Avatar
Thanks guys for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeflyer
Very nice Hector! What did you have to do to fix the wag?
Thanks Joe. Repositioning the 401 gyro to the rear of the mechanics did the trick. I guess there is a lot of interference from the big e-motor and ESC where there gyro was before.
Cheers
Last edited by hrbeta; Jul 04, 2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Incomplete message
Jul 04, 2010, 06:59 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
Spidious's Avatar
Got you both outdone..
I have two flybar weights on each side of the flybar. One all the way in and one all the way out.. Really tames down my Agusta A109 !
Jul 06, 2010, 12:25 AM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
BlackTitanium's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan
Just get one of the available fuses and paint it yourself!
No thank you, I want it pre-painted. We want the sensors and weapons too!
Jul 06, 2010, 12:57 AM
MB-Commander
Minibichus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidious
Got you both outdone..
I have two flybar weights on each side of the flybar. One all the way in and one all the way out.. Really tames down my Agusta A109 !
...I just leave it on the ground, its so stable and I get like 3 hour run times too.

G.
Jul 06, 2010, 01:08 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
cap231ex's Avatar
+1 that G.
Jul 06, 2010, 09:12 AM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
Bwahahahahaha. Good 'un!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Post a picture of your SCALE sailplane s2000 Scale Sailplanes 714 Oct 30, 2017 07:57 AM
Cool post any videos of your 1/2A. rctoyflyer 1/2A Planes 9 Jan 31, 2008 09:25 PM
Discussion For those of you that want to get good videos of your scale planes. randall1959 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 4 Apr 21, 2007 10:02 PM
Will Someone Please Post Pictures of the Inner Workings of a Brushed Motor? CAFB 04-12 Power Systems 25 Jun 21, 2005 10:01 PM
Please post pictures of your GWS warbird Razor setup... flipnidaho Parkflyers 1 Jul 12, 2003 05:54 PM