Thread Tools
Nov 04, 2012, 10:20 PM
Registered User
Double E's Avatar
Hank,

Great looking bird and even better flying. What size heli is it and where did you get your pilots? Is that a 6 bladed head?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2012, 10:53 PM
Registered User
BigGuyJT's Avatar
Great job Hank!
Nov 05, 2012, 01:44 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
Very very nice
Nov 05, 2012, 09:37 AM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E
Hank,

Great looking bird and even better flying. What size heli is it and where did you get your pilots? Is that a 6 bladed head?
If it's a true AH-6 it should have a 4 blade head...
Nov 05, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
Testflight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn
If it's a true AH-6 it should have a 4 blade head...
Before coming out with comments like this, it's always best to do your research!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-6

I count 6!
Nov 05, 2012, 12:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testflight
Before coming out with comments like this, it's always best to do your research!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-6

I count 6!
Only 600N has 6-main blade and Notar

http://www.mdhelicopters.com/v2/pdfs...escription.pdf

T-tail is 5-bladed; and optional quad tail rotor .... 4-bladed head with V-tail. The AH-6 is 4 .bladed. Coptercptn must have one in his museum. You should do more research on your first and only post.
Nov 05, 2012, 12:18 PM
Registered User
Testflight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
Only 600N has 6-main blade and Notar

http://www.mdhelicopters.com/v2/pdfs...escription.pdf

T-tail is 5-bladed; and optional quad tail rotor .... 4-bladed head with V-tail. The AH-6 is 4 .bladed. Coptercptn must have one in his museum. You should do more research on your first and only post.
Would you like to borrow my fingers as it takes more then one hand to count!
P.s.. What has the number of posts got to do with how many blades a helicopter has??!
Nov 05, 2012, 12:40 PM
Registered User
Copertcptn and SydneyW...........It is common knowledge if you know the history of the Littlebird that the latest AH-6 has a six blade rotor-head. The AH-6 started off as the OH-6 Cayuse with a four blade rotor head and two blade tail. The helicopter has evolved into the M spec or 'MELB' which is now vastly different to the original configuration used in Vietnam. MELB stands for 'Mission enhanced little bird'. The M spec was especially designed for the 160th SOAR for special operations. Togehter with the increased lift and decreased noise from the six blade head, the engine has been uprated together with many modification to the airframe over a standard MD500. There are only 51 airframes in existence of the AH-6M. Gentleman..........If you have any doubts or wish to increase your knowledge about the little bird please contact the bellow link of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment at Fort Campbell Kentucky.

http://www.campbell.army.mil/units/1...160thSOAR.aspx


Further reading on the six blade AH-6M:

http://nightstalkers.americanspecial...ttle-birds.php

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD_He...-6_Little_Bird

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...oncept-364427/
Last edited by Hank79; Nov 05, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Nov 05, 2012, 12:59 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E
Hank,

Great looking bird and even better flying. What size heli is it and where did you get your pilots? Is that a 6 bladed head?

Hello, pilots are from eBay, yes it's a OF Helitechnic head. Most likely the best heads you can get, but very expensive.
Nov 05, 2012, 02:19 PM
Registered User
Double E's Avatar
I had never seen a six bladed variant. Thanks for sharing. What mechanics and fuselage did you use?
Nov 06, 2012, 07:53 AM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank79
Hello, pilots are from eBay, yes it's a OF Helitechnic head. Most likely the best heads you can get, but very expensive.
I stand corrected.. Thanks for the info... and yes I own an Oh-6 (original version.4-blade...)
Sidney, Call me....
Nov 06, 2012, 11:24 PM
Click my name for night blades
Timtreo's Avatar
I give it a 10... Awesome job Hank!
Nov 07, 2012, 11:45 AM
Registered User
Lupusprimus's Avatar

CH-149 Cormorant


Here is my new model - a CH-149 Cormorant, the canadian version of the AgustaWestland AW 101 Merlin. It flies with a mCPX.
It is a german kit.
Nov 07, 2012, 03:43 PM
Registered User
BigGuyJT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupusprimus
Here is my new model - a CH-149 Cormorant, the canadian version of the AgustaWestland AW 101 Merlin. It flies with a mCPX.
It is a german kit.
this is awesome! do you have any video?
Nov 07, 2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User
Bad Creation's Avatar
That is a nice looking little heli you have their!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Post a picture of your SCALE sailplane s2000 Scale Sailplanes 683 Jun 06, 2017 11:41 PM
Cool post any videos of your 1/2A. rctoyflyer 1/2A Planes 9 Jan 31, 2008 08:25 PM
Discussion For those of you that want to get good videos of your scale planes. randall1959 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 4 Apr 21, 2007 09:02 PM
Will Someone Please Post Pictures of the Inner Workings of a Brushed Motor? CAFB 04-12 Power Systems 25 Jun 21, 2005 09:01 PM
Please post pictures of your GWS warbird Razor setup... flipnidaho Parkflyers 1 Jul 12, 2003 04:54 PM