New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by josereyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by josereyes View Post
Dry fitting of the 10 inch Soldiers I got from Toys R Us (these are very light in weight) had to brake their legs (sorry dude) to make the mit properly..

This is a very tight cockpit space...
Here is the finished cockpit... finally
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:36 AM
Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot

MBB BO-105 Resurrection #4

This 500 size fuselage was on sale for $40, during the Labor Day weekend, at RCAerodyne.

It's the Medical version, but I went with a Spektrum theme.

Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by mhills51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFASTPHIL View Post
Your new chopper looks GREAT!....the multi-bladed heads of yours and Jose's give your heli's a terrific scale appearance!....looking forward to the fly-in fotos.
That's not mine it's the Vario rep's that I'm lucky to have living here. He designed a conversion kit that is going on the market for electric. I also have a old Century rep that lives here. They are both really cool guys. They will give you their input, but not tare apart your work.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
gravity tester
Nice Support Team mhills!.....Hey Kip, you built a beautiful heli in Spektrum colors!....with a number of us scale heli pilots here in the NorthWest, we'll have to get together for a FunFly!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by josereyes
Quote:
Nice Support Team mhills!.....Hey Kip, you built a beautiful heli in Spektrum colors!....with a number of us scale heli pilots here in the NorthWest, we'll have to get together for a FunFly!
I second that request it would be great....
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Bad Creation
WOW 40 dollars that was a nice buy
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Love my scale Whirlybirds
I agree, that was a great deal. It's back up to 199 and out of stock, lol.

Don
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by norcalheli
My other addiction!
Picked up the HeliArtist UH-1B for 500 size at that same sale. $75 plus shipping. It's also back up to $189.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by JoseReyes69
Jose Reyes
Quote:
....today was a good day to get some heli's airborne. Had OH-6 up for some scale flying, and a Trex 500 getting ready to wear a new fuselage.
Nice weather for it too... Great pictures...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:38 PM
Hey guy's I got my new fuse. The retract links are a joke. Two of the rods were not even threaded and I will have to use some steering links to make it all work. but I am having a real problem with this mounting system. Maybe someone can chime in.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:47 PM
gravity tester
Hi mhills, i have struggled for many years on retractable gear linkage, i have found it is so easy and pretty cheap to install electric retracts....they make my world a happy place!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks! I got the linkage taken care of, It's this fuse mounting system that has me completely pulling my hair out.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
gravity tester
OK, good!...i fought my first couple fuselages on a simple way to mount up the mechanics, but still be able to yank it out without too much trouble....when i slide the heli into the fuse, the rear locks into a horizontal slot, then the front is held down by two screws that are very easy to access. i set up all my fuses like this now, easy in easy out
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:31 AM
gravity tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseReyes69 View Post
Nice weather for it too... Great pictures...
Thanks Jose....my wife is the photographer also!....Today i put in a Castle ICE 100 in the 600, and after a full 5K lipo pack, the esc was barely lukewarm, a little safer!