Please post pictures/videos of scale helis - Page 104 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 08, 2011, 06:43 PM
Registered User
BigGuyJT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
Been working on a few Blue Thunder bodies. Thought it would be neat to share pics. Almost through with these (Sorry I think all these are spoken for except maybe one)
Bad ass Darth!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2011, 08:44 PM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
A short scenic flight around the ghetto with a #11 HD keychain camera strapped to my MiniProtos. Need to get this set up on a bigger heli...just a little orientation loss when all you see is a black blob and a stick out the back


Ghettobird take 2.avi (1 min 9 sec)
Jul 09, 2011, 01:01 AM
Registered User
You take good pictures sideways. I have a key chain camera I put on one of my birds but the pictures have a wave in them. The clearity is not to bad but that damn wave is annoying as hell. I've tried and tried to fix it but I never did get it done. I think I'll put the camera on a set of glass frames like darthdark did and use it that way.
Jul 09, 2011, 05:22 AM
Registered User
That is awesome ! how did you keep it from getting blown away while it was so high in the air ?
Jul 09, 2011, 05:41 AM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender
You take good pictures sideways. I have a key chain camera I put on one of my birds but the pictures have a wave in them. The clearity is not to bad but that damn wave is annoying as hell. I've tried and tried to fix it but I never did get it done. I think I'll put the camera on a set of glass frames like darthdark did and use it that way.
I believe the waves is from the camera moving around on a cushioned mounting. I tried it that way using various cushioning techniques...Jellovision. Got a tip of hardmounting it on the battery...and it worked . I am using the MSH factory battery hold-down orings to strap it directly on the battery now, and you can see the results


Here's a pic of the setup. I masked off a 'frame' with painter's tape and poured some epoxy wedges to get the angles better when mounted on the battery, and for the oring to not roll off the camera body. Various elevation adjustments can be made by putting coins under the wedge to get whatever desired camera angle is needed, with the same results
Last edited by SidewaysLS4; Jul 09, 2011 at 06:02 AM.
Jul 09, 2011, 05:41 AM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1
That is awesome ! how did you keep it from getting blown away while it was so high in the air ?
Crossed my fingers . Not much wind also
Jul 09, 2011, 08:25 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
Been working on a few Blue Thunder bodies. Thought it would be neat to share pics. Almost through with these (Sorry I think all these are spoken for except maybe one)
Very nice as always Darth, Are they 450 size?
Jul 09, 2011, 09:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
A short scenic flight around the ghetto with a #11 HD keychain camera strapped to my MiniProtos. Need to get this set up on a bigger heli...just a little orientation loss when all you see is a black blob and a stick out the back


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsJd9PeWqo
Where do you get this #11 keychain camera from ? I have one that looks exactly the same as yours but the video is no where near as clear as that !
Jul 09, 2011, 11:18 AM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
Check out this thread...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1362692

I think I got mine from the first ebay store listed there
Jul 09, 2011, 12:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
I believe the waves is from the camera moving around on a cushioned mounting. I tried it that way using various cushioning techniques...Jellovision. Got a tip of hardmounting it on the battery...and it worked . I am using the MSH factory battery hold-down orings to strap it directly on the battery now, and you can see the results


Here's a pic of the setup. I masked off a 'frame' with painter's tape and poured some epoxy wedges to get the angles better when mounted on the battery, and for the oring to not roll off the camera body. Various elevation adjustments can be made by putting coins under the wedge to get whatever desired camera angle is needed, with the same results
Execellent setup! I'll copy that and see if I can get the same results. Thanks for the information.
Jul 09, 2011, 01:01 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk
Very nice as always Darth, Are they 450 size?
Yep
Jul 10, 2011, 10:57 AM
Registered User
my MD500 defender ,
8S 3300ma lipo 890kv motor,
futaba CGY750, working fine.
MD500 defender.wmv (4 min 34 sec)
Jul 10, 2011, 12:07 PM
Registered User
Bad Creation's Avatar
Wow Awesome detail beauitful heli at times it looked so real
Jul 10, 2011, 01:05 PM
Redjestird Youser
SidewaysLS4's Avatar
+1 Very nice!
Jul 10, 2011, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Hello ,

a little pic form France...




Good flight


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Post a picture of your SCALE sailplane s2000 Scale Sailplanes 714 Oct 30, 2017 07:57 AM
Cool post any videos of your 1/2A. rctoyflyer 1/2A Planes 9 Jan 31, 2008 09:25 PM
Discussion For those of you that want to get good videos of your scale planes. randall1959 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 4 Apr 21, 2007 10:02 PM
Will Someone Please Post Pictures of the Inner Workings of a Brushed Motor? CAFB 04-12 Power Systems 25 Jun 21, 2005 10:01 PM
Please post pictures of your GWS warbird Razor setup... flipnidaho Parkflyers 1 Jul 12, 2003 05:54 PM