Feb 21, 2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyrc_vic
I have now moved into the final stages of building this and have run into yet another issue. The horizontal stabilizer has a cutout that mates with the top of the vertical stabilizer. The horizontal stabilizer "socket" fits over a "plug" at the top of the vertical stabilizer and is secured with two screws.

On my model, the "plug" at the top of the vertical stabilizer is misaligned both in the horizontal plain and in front to back alignment with the fuse. This results in the horizontal stabilizer being down on one side and up on the other by nearly 3/4 of an inch. It also results in the horizontal stabilizer not being parallel with the main wing (tip to tip). As the "plug" at the top of the vertical stabilizer is molded a part of the fiberglass fuse, there is no easy way to adjust the position of the plug.

I made up a "shim" to correct the horizontal misalignment and cutout the "socket" in the horizontal stabilizer to allow it to be twisted around to get it parallel to the main wing.

This is yet another example of the POOR quality of this model. Maybe it will fly better than it was fabricated.
Do you leave the horizontal tail removable on your airplane or glue it in and then bolt it down? I'm thinking of making it removable for easy transportation
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnchelicopter
Do you leave the horizontal tail removable on your airplane or glue it in and then bolt it down? I'm thinking of making it removable for easy transportation
I suppose you could make it removable. I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling about just bolting it on. If it loosens in flight, you will be in a lot of trouble. It's a matter of choice. I glued it and bolted in in place.
Feb 21, 2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
I suppose you could make it removable. I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling about just bolting it on. If it loosens in flight, you will be in a lot of trouble. It's a matter of choice. I glued it and bolted in in place.
Thanks..still fly yours...any video?
Feb 21, 2013, 05:01 PM
I did not get many flights on it last season. Lots of new planes in the hangar. Plan to fly it more this season. I don't have any video, just the still photos in this thread.
Mar 05, 2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
I did not get many flights on it last season. Lots of new planes in the hangar. Plan to fly it more this season. I don't have any video, just the still photos in this thread.
What is the servo size that you used for the rudder? I used a standard servo and although it fit the slot, it's too thick for the tail and would not set flush against the mount
Mar 05, 2013, 03:32 PM

Elevator Servo

CNC, I think you meant "elevator servo" instead of rudder. I used a standard size servo but I had to install some standoffs as shown in the photos. You are right, a standard servo is too tall to fit without modifications. The rudder servo is mounted up front in the cabin and uses a long pushrod.
Mar 05, 2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
CNC, I think you meant "elevator servo" instead of rudder. I used a standard size servo but I had to install some standoffs as shown in the photos. You are right, a standard servo is too tall to fit without modifications. The rudder servo is mounted up front in the cabin and uses a long pushrod.
Thanks, I meant the elevator servo. Thanks for the pic, good clarification
Apr 08, 2013, 09:04 PM
Alright..I'm finally done with this bird.. it wasnt a pleasant to build it..what is your CG distance from the wing root..the manual use the distance from the tip and it wasnt too helpful.
Apr 08, 2013, 09:13 PM

Cg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnchelicopter
Alright..I'm finally done with this bird.. it wasnt a pleasant to build it..what is your CG distance from the wing root..the manual use the distance from the tip and it wasnt too helpful.
My cg is at the factory recommendation which is 85mm back from the leading edge of the wing where it attaches to the fuse.
Apr 09, 2013, 11:46 PM

Maiden flight today

Quote:
My cg is at the factory recommendation which is 85mm back from the leading edge of the wing where it attaches to the fuse.
I maiden my bird today, thanks to your effort in helping me get this bird of the ground. The video you see is the third short flight in trimming and adjusting cg. The first flight was tail heavy but I was able to get it down in one place. This plane is not fast and land like butter. It fly like a trainer for such a heavy bird. My ready to fly weight is 5.1 kg or 11.2 lbs

Alekto TT-62 maiden flight (0 min 53 sec)
Apr 10, 2013, 05:57 AM
cnchelicopter, glad to hear the maiden went well. As you said, this is not a really fast plane and it does land very nicely. Enjoy!
Apr 21, 2013, 09:11 AM

Nice

To see a few others are building this airplane. Mine is still alive and well and I always get irritated that I don't fly it more often. Always draws a crowd at the field when I do fly her. I still remember what a PIA it was to mount my two E-flite 46's in it. Enjoy folks. donnie
May 06, 2013, 03:12 PM
Just started the build. First issue was cutting out the hole for the elevator servo revealed the inside wood reinforcement structure broken loose. Also the hatch frame on the bottom was broken loose. Re glued those. Planning on AXI 2826 -12 with 11x10 ,props on 4 or 5 cells. Looks like I will need standoffs for the motor mounts. Also E Flite 46 retracts and sonic struts.
May 06, 2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt G
Just started the build. First issue was cutting out the hole for the elevator servo revealed the inside wood reinforcement structure broken loose. Also the hatch frame on the bottom was broken loose. Re glued those. Planning on AXI 2826 -12 with 11x10 ,props on 4 or 5 cells. Looks like I will need standoffs for the motor mounts. Also E Flite 46 retracts and sonic struts.
This is not one of the better built kits on the market. However, it flies very well and has a very high WOW factor at the field.
May 22, 2013, 04:36 PM
Just maidened yesterday. Flew great! and no issues. I used AXI 2826-12 on 4 s 3300 and after a 5 min flight had 31% remaining. Also use E Flite retracts with Sonic struts on the mains.

Quick Reply