Jun 16, 2009, 08:12 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Nitro Planes New! TT-62 Alekto

The New TT-62 Alekto Is Now Sold At Nitro Planes. Here's A Few Pictures. And The Link:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newttalracoa.html
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2009, 09:44 AM
How are they getting airflow to the motors?
Jun 19, 2009, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socomon
How are they getting airflow to the motors?
My Kit Should Come Today So I'll Start Post Later On Today Or Tonite. If I'm Not Mistaken The Axi Motors On My Honda Jet Should Be A Good it With Plenty On Air To Cool.
Jun 19, 2009, 12:26 PM
I guess I'll have to see it. From the photos it looks like the motors are burried in those pods with the spinner on the front and no way for air to get to the motor.
Jun 19, 2009, 11:59 PM
Thread OP
Here's The Start Of The TT-62 Alekto. I've Open The Box To Check Out The Parts All Is Well. Here's A Few Picture I've Taken. I Will Soon Post A Part 1 Build Video. It Looks Pretty Sweet.It Will Sure Have Heads Turning At The Flying Field On The Maiden Flight.
Jun 20, 2009, 07:19 AM
I seem to recall that somebody makes a spinner with a hole that lets air flow through it to the motor. Maybe check Hobby-Lobby. That is going to be your only hope at keeping the motors cool that I can see.

Do they intend for the motor to front mount or rear mount? Why are the kidney shaped cooling holes in their motor mount closed off?

If you can front mount one of those outrunners with the fan in the back of it (heli outrunners) that might help also.

Last edited by Socomon; Jun 20, 2009 at 07:32 AM.
Jun 20, 2009, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I seem to recall that somebody makes a spinner with a hole that lets air flow through it to the motor. Maybe check Hobby-Lobby. That is going to be your only hope at keeping the motors cool that I can see.

Do they intend for the motor to front mount or rear mount? Why are the kidney shaped cooling holes in their motor mount closed off?

If you can front mount one of those outrunners with the fan in the back of it (heli outrunners) that might help also.

I Don't Think There Will Be Any Cooling Issues, I'll Be Using The Same Axi Motors I Have On My Honda Jet And The Motor Area's Muuch, Much Smaller.
Jun 20, 2009, 01:14 PM
Totally different - the Honda jet was a pusher with large open motor pods that allowed air to flow right through and over the motor. With the spinners mounted on this one, I see zero airflow.

Jun 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Totally different - the Honda jet was a pusher with large open motor pods that allowed air to flow right through and over the motor. With the spinners mounted on this one, I see zero airflow.

Guess You'll Have To Wait Until I Get There To See What I Mean, I Know The Honda Jet Is A Pusher, But These Nucelle Are Much Bigger, The Axi 2826/10 Are Small 40 To 50 Size Motors Compare To Trying To Push A Eflite Power 46 Motor In There, I Would Worry Then Too.
Last edited by FlyBoyTha1; Jun 20, 2009 at 03:05 PM.
Jun 20, 2009, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Here's A Couple Of Pictures To Give You A Better Idea
Jun 20, 2009, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
The Fuselage Is Huge On This Twin Bird
Jun 20, 2009, 03:20 PM
The nacelle is large, but I am not sure if it matters since the spinner is going to completely block the front from any airflow.

It is your plane and of course you can do what you want with it, but I would at least consider putting a platic-spoon type scoop on each side of each nacelle right near the front to get some air moving over the motors.

Jun 21, 2009, 06:09 AM
Thread OP
Video Part 1

Nitro Planes Twin Scale Prop TT-62 Alekto Build Part 1 (6 min 5 sec)
Jun 22, 2009, 06:15 AM
Thread OP
More Picture So Far So Good Not One Issue.
Jun 22, 2009, 08:31 PM
What AXI motors did you decide to use

Quick Reply