Jul 26, 2009, 09:44 AM
Is there a release date after the worlds showing?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2009, 12:27 PM
oh twin rear shocks by the look of it. I see you have used Weston UK bike idea with the belt drive.Looks good.
Jul 26, 2009, 02:20 PM
its going away from conventional design and is less realistic but that thing is going to be fast.i want belt drive. its deff. next level..congrats
Jul 26, 2009, 02:33 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
It's okay until the belt breaks.

Allan
Jul 26, 2009, 05:00 PM
Looks good from what you can see, paralever front end like Dave's bike, belt drive like Grahams West bike and a jointed (perhaps even leaning) rider like the old kyosho's, there's nothing new under the sun is there, but so long as it's nicely made and with a fresh idea here and there regarding layout or manufacturer then I can't wait to feature it!!
Especially if it's on proper release and on general sale to the public! Not to mention zooming round the track and kicking butt

See you soon, I'll have my camera with me, so keep it clean until I get there OK?
Jul 28, 2009, 01:12 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
any new news?
Jul 29, 2009, 06:23 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Still waiting.....
Jul 30, 2009, 04:35 PM
Gregor from Germany

New TT Race Bike unveiled

Hi folks,

now that the Worlds have almost begun, RC-Motorradshop.de was given the great honor of presenting the all new TT race bike completely undisguised.

The bike was developed by Torrance Deguzman, the former chief designer at Associated, now technical director for Thunder Tiger. Everybody who knows the typical Asso-optic will recognize that the bike looks quite familiar. The TT race team continued developing the bike from the first prototype to the current stage.

As already mentioned the new TT bike looks completely different from all the other bikes on the market. Only the tires can be used from other bikes. An outstanding feature is probably the front suspension which looks a little like the suspension of a buggy chassis. This allows to separate the dampers from the fork. Thus, even large-volume dampers are used. The fork itself consists of only two simple but powerful 4mm carbon plates. Through various attachment points of the suspension, the damping characteristics can be slightly modified. The standard size steering servo is mounted into the steering pivot and is connected to the upper bike triple via two steering dampers.

The rear swingarm is made of two carbon plates with a plastic molded part as an extension. This plastic part takes the main gear axle as a swing arm pivot point. With the belt drive, only a simple belt tensioner is needed. Since only one bore for the rear axle is necessary, there is no mess with inserting the wheel and keeping it in a flush with the front wheel. The swingarm is dampened by two horizontal mounted dampers. Later on, there will be more different swingarms to achieve a different wheelbase.

The main chassis is made of four 2mm carbon chassis parts. The battery is also mounted below the bike, but with the narrow side up. The body has a detachable bottom to easily change the battery. The rider is an integral part of the body and can thus no longer be lost and a helper can easily grab the bike without ripping off the rider. Another advantage is that the body shell is closed in the rear part and thus protects the receiver from dirt or rain.

Another important detail of the new bike is hidden in the drivetrain. An adjustable slip clutch integrated in the 48DP main gear prevents unwanted powerwheelies at the end of bends.

Brand new are also the wheels and the front brake of the new TT bike. The two rims consist of a inner part (spokes) and the outer rim which is connected by 5 screws. This plastic rim can be purchased separately so tire changes are easily done and much less expensive. The outer rim will also be available in aluminium which provides greater stability at low speeds.

The front brake is very simple but effective. The lightweight micro servo is integrated in the brake caliper and the brake disk is floating on 5 pins on the inner part of the rim.

After the presentation at the Toy Fair 2010 in Nuernberg, the bike will be available to the public, at least this is the plan of TT. Until then, there will surely be some minor changes to the current version.

The new TT Race Bike will be officially presented on Friday at the RC-Motorradshop sales booth in Leipzig. Unconcealed and to touch!

Well, since you have succeeded reading my poor english text, you are certainly worthy seeing some pictures of the holy crail now:

Bye
Gregor
Jul 30, 2009, 04:57 PM
DLAWW
OMG! This changes eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything !!.
Jul 30, 2009, 05:01 PM
Nolan Farmer
I am very, very impressed. Pure genius.
I knew there was a good reason to wait to get my first 1/5 electric bike.
Jul 30, 2009, 05:01 PM
I'm not totally useless..
WOW How's that for a new concept! Nice!!
Jul 30, 2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks for posting all those pics, Gregor. And Torrance -- what can I say, but "da-yum!!!!"
Jul 30, 2009, 05:33 PM
Ouch, my jaw hit the floor.

That is very impressive, I am liking very much. Like the mini servo in the front brake caliper, no more wires, direct action.
Jul 30, 2009, 05:42 PM
Funky! Reminds me of Newt's favorite alien ;-)

That's one ugly beauty, and I mean that in a good way.

Looks like it is all about function and that should always be first priority. Very nice.
Jul 30, 2009, 05:48 PM
That looks awesome! That right there is reason enough to get a new bike. Sure hope it makes it to production.

Quick Reply