Jul 03, 2009, 01:05 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Brave, you saw my Pi fly yesterday, it flew ok in a gusty 12mph wind and didn't look like it hated it....

Shah the 17g BW should fine work indoors
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2009, 01:23 AM
Look outside the Square
Thats a mild sea breeze compared to the winds we have here at the momement Dekan....Hahahahahaha . Mate sounds like your having a ball with your Piplane

B x
Jul 03, 2009, 01:33 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
How your "bite size" Pi coming along BoX ? Wind stopped play...!
Jul 03, 2009, 05:06 AM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
Brave, you saw my Pi fly yesterday, it flew ok in a gusty 12mph wind and didn't look like it hated it....
It was gyrating through the moves so fast I could only tell it wasn't interference by that fiendish grin on your face..........

(It was a grin not a grimace, wasn't it???)

I only refused to fly it cos I wanted the servos to have a chance to cool down.

Built light it might out Sumo the Sumo indoors.
Jul 03, 2009, 05:22 AM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead
Thats a mild sea breeze compared to the winds we have here at the moment Dekan....Hahahahahaha . Mate sounds like your having a ball with your Piplane

B x
Wish it had been a sea breeze, it was a nasty squirrelly swirling little turbulent easterly demon that kept wrapping itself and attaching to the close upwind tree line and then uncurling...........

IMO, anyone who claims these won't fly well in wind has missed something somewhere.

(written in between bench running in a 52 ABC two stroke noisemaker)
Jul 03, 2009, 08:50 AM
Look outside the Square
Flew it yesterday and it went well until an inside loop brought me undone. To top it off a dog happen to seize upon my careless flying and swooped and ripped the tail off it. Then dragged it another few meters for good measure. The owner just stood their and said " looks like it is broken " my reply was that I'll put the dog where the sun dont shine " if you dont put the dog on a lead. Went staight over her head. Cant blame the dog.

Hot glue fixed her up ( the plane that is ), and once the howling gales subside it will be back in the air with her.

B x
Jul 03, 2009, 09:10 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Out again early today punishing the Pi, Brave where were you? Seriously though it wasn't great weather... very dull and even more gusty than yesterday..
Flew the PBF this morning, it flew ok, but it was like being in charge of a galleon in rough seas But in fairness it does have lot more "sail" area.. Oops I ment wing area
Box, Some dog owners are hardy more evolved than your average pond life.
Last edited by dekan; Jul 03, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Jul 03, 2009, 03:25 PM
flyin' fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead
Went staight over her head. B x

What you need is a sight on your TX for a better aim.....................
Jul 03, 2009, 03:35 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Gold have you ever built a flat round foamie?
Jul 03, 2009, 05:02 PM
Look outside the Square
Your right Goldguy and Dekan. Its the second time it has happened, same dog and women with the Berserko first time. Even got video of it this time

B x
Jul 04, 2009, 12:19 AM
flyin' fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
Gold have you ever built a flat round foamie?

Yup, did a few UFOs, the third with the mod to the elevons and then discovered the Pi, so tried one. It came out lighter then my UFOs, so worked very well, but got parked on the wall and kinda got lost in my vast collection.

Must dust it off this weekend as the weather here is absolutely perfect.

Have you built a Drenalyn yet? We have a fun fly coming up on Aug. 1st and I've got orders for three for the BW, it's the fun fly foamy of choice here for events like limbo, spins, spot landings, inverted stuff, etc., etc. and the Simple Delta rules for combat.

I'll get some new pics to post on that thread to wet your appetite. Afterall, your hungry in an hour after downing a Pi.
Jul 04, 2009, 01:22 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
I have got to figure out how to make round Parkjet first..I have couple of ideas fo a semi round shaped one...
Jul 04, 2009, 09:03 AM
Box, I like the looks of your Pi. I won't be flying for a while. I bought a travel trailer out of Mississippi from earlier this spring in a flood. Replacing part of the roof and ceiling and part of the floor. A few hundred bucks in parts, but rather labor intensive. Haven't gotten much real work in over the winter and spring, so my out of shape desk sitting middle aged body is "enjoying" the shaded 100 degrees in the shop.
Jul 06, 2009, 06:08 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
A sort of scale itz Pi ?

Italian 1935 Piana Canova, with spats..Never built ?
I bet it would fly well... It's even got sloping fwd elevons.
Jul 06, 2009, 07:39 AM
looks more like forward swept ailerons and full house controls doesn't it?

Quick Reply