Jun 09, 2009, 07:27 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

New! $129 Nitro Planes Rc Landers 70MM F-16D EDF Jet With Retracts

The New 70MM F-16D Comes With Retracts Pre-Installed, Nitro Planes Also Has A Variety Of New EDF Fan Units To Choose From For The 3 Different F-16 They Are Now Offering, The EDF Fan Unit I Will Be Using Is The 6 Cell Aluminum EDF Fan Set Up.

Nitro Planes 70MM F-16D EDF Jet With Retracts (7 min 6 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2009, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
Very nice presentation. Been looking at those also.

Tom
Jun 09, 2009, 10:30 AM
I looked, but after shipping costs, it was about the same price to order from EJF, and with EJF I know I'm getting great customer service and the newest metal retracts (not to mention all the options for gear doors, pre-installed flaps, etc).

I am curious to see how the power setup prices compare. That may be what makes the difference.
Jun 09, 2009, 11:24 AM
Just checked, and the power setups are quite a bit more expensive at Nitroplanes than buying with the plane from EJF ($105 separate @ NP vs. $88 @ EJF when bought as part of the plane package).
Jun 09, 2009, 12:24 PM
AA6JB
Team EJF had four of the RCLander F16s at the Western States event this past weekend. I'll try to post up a photo or two tonite. They are a fine looking and fine flying EDF for sure. Mine has the 6S power system in it, so I can post some Eagletree data here if those reading the thread want to see some numbers. I run a pair of 3S 2500s in series. I love it!
Jun 09, 2009, 12:40 PM
Great video, The RClander f-16 is one of the edfs I'm trying to choose from. Does the kit come with a fan unit?
Jun 09, 2009, 12:58 PM
wine country wing nut
Hmmm, RCG already has a discussion/build thread on the RC Lander F-16 series EDF jets, Not quite sure why we need another. RC Lander F 16 build thread
Jun 09, 2009, 02:17 PM
I Just order mine from Toysonics.com, which is $129.99 with Free Shipping.
check this out
http://www.toysonics.com/rc-lander/?catid=270
Jun 09, 2009, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagilfyer04
Great video, The RClander f-16 is one of the edfs I'm trying to choose from. Does the kit come with a fan unit?
Yeah, There's A Stock Fan In the Box.
Jun 09, 2009, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerlAddict
I looked, but after shipping costs, it was about the same price to order from EJF, and with EJF I know I'm getting great customer service and the newest metal retracts (not to mention all the options for gear doors, pre-installed flaps, etc).

I am curious to see how the power setup prices compare. That may be what makes the difference.
The More Option The More $$$, I Wouldn't Invest So Much Into A Foam Jet, This Basic Setup Is Great To Me For The Price. After All I'm Not Even Sure I'll Be Able To Take Off At My Clubs Field To Bumpy.
Jun 09, 2009, 02:34 PM
Very true. But just for the jet + motor, no extra add-ons, EJF is still a good bit cheaper.
Jun 09, 2009, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
Team EJF had four of the RCLander F16s at the Western States event this past weekend. I'll try to post up a photo or two tonite. They are a fine looking and fine flying EDF for sure. Mine has the 6S power system in it, so I can post some Eagletree data here if those reading the thread want to see some numbers. I run a pair of 3S 2500s in series. I love it!
Jon, how do you like the 6S setup compared to the 4S? I've got four 3S 3300mah 20C Zippy packs I could possibly run in a series if I could make them fit, but other than that all I have is 3S 2250mah batteries (and a big honkin' 6S 5000mah FlightPower that I'm sure would never fit). But I've got way more 4S packs on hand, so I'm curious how much of a speed and performance benefit there is going with the pricier 6S motor, esc, and batteries vs. what the 4S setup can give.
Jun 09, 2009, 02:58 PM
Insta: Check5_Av8r
Hi Perl,
I'm not Jon, but maybe I can help out on that question too!
I have a 4s version, and had the pleasure of flying Jon's 6s version at Western States this past weekend. I'm running a 4s 3300 Hyperion pack in mine, Jon runs 6s 2500's in his.
All in all I gotta say I like the way his flies better!
- His has a noticable higher top end (~10mph faster), and alot more static thrust than mine.
- Mine is obviously a little lighter, but the extra weight actually "feels" right in a model like an F-16. When you point the nose down it really accelerates faster, and landings are solid with the little extra weight.

If I had to buy another one, I would definitely go 6s
6s 3300's though... I dunno. They miiiight fit, but I would definitely stick to the 2500 range.

Be careful with toysonics... Has anybody got reports of customer service from them yet???
Not to mention look at their ads... A Panther and F-16 that "Fully capable of 3D flight???" Yeah right. Show me a video of your Panther and F-16 doing 3D and I will buy one from you.

Cheers,
Vic
Jun 09, 2009, 02:59 PM
Insta: Check5_Av8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyTha1
The More Option The More $$$, I Wouldn't Invest So Much Into A Foam Jet, This Basic Setup Is Great To Me For The Price. After All I'm Not Even Sure I'll Be Able To Take Off At My Clubs Field To Bumpy.
So set it up for a Hand Launch version.
There's plenty of RCL Birds out there with great sucess as belly floppers!
Jun 09, 2009, 03:17 PM
AA6JB
Thanks Vic! I was going to post that I had not flown both the 4S and 6S power systems in the RCL F16, so hard for me to comment. I do know that I am VERY pleased with the performance of the 6S system. I was a little worried at first that the flight times would be too short with the 2500s but I am slowly and safely increasing my countdown timer as I see how much I am putting back into the batteries after each flight. I think I will probably end up at 4:00 minutes, which is with varied throttle and not all WOT. And that 4:00 minutes is the same value I use on my 4S RCL Panther. However, I definitely would be surprised if 3300 3S lipos would fit and whether you could get the CG right? Depends on pack dimensions and weight I guess. The two 2500s are not super tight but there is not a lot of room left.

Quick Reply