Aug 02, 2009, 07:08 PM

that makes sense!!!

I got it now... I am so used to RCCA rules where you keep going after you loose your streamer....it would make sense to have a way to see if short cuts have happened.....

this style of judging cuts and scoring will probably help save a few airplanes also.....

..... having 2 or 3 streamers hanging on your wing and 2 or 3 guys without streamers chasing you around tends to cause a few accidents... but it sure was fun ( I was a little younger then )

thanks
johnny v
shreveport la
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2009, 05:05 AM
Buzzsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by northla
I got it now... I am so used to RCCA rules where you keep going after you loose your streamer....it would make sense to have a way to see if short cuts have happened.....

this style of judging cuts and scoring will probably help save a few airplanes also.....

..... having 2 or 3 streamers hanging on your wing and 2 or 3 guys without streamers chasing you around tends to cause a few accidents... but it sure was fun ( I was a little younger then )

thanks
johnny v
shreveport la
I used to fly with RCCA also. We wanted to make our rules very simple to use and so everyone would understand them and help "police" their selfs also during the rounds.We have been using the same rules for 3 1/2 years now with very little problems.
Buzzy
Aug 18, 2009, 07:11 PM
Buzzsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777
I've seen some common sense suggestions for bumping into each other. Has anyone written up a list of rules for contact combat?
Sorry I'm late to getting back to you on your question .

These are our rules we made up for our NO MERCY COMBAT that we use to fly.
Buzzsaw

NO MERCY COMBAT RULES

All rounds are controlled by the CD at all times. He has the last word on anything that might arise.

Any electric motor, plane, and battery will be legal in this event.

No metal of any kind on leading edges of the plane.

No flying over pilots’ flight line. If you do, you will instructed to land by the
CD.

Cones will be set up for landings.

Hard hats must be worn at all times.

Rules

All rounds will be 5 minutes.

CD will start the 5 minute round and will call “End combat” at the end of 5 minutes.

Once CD has called “launch” everyone will launch. If for some reason you can’t launch, you will have to sit that round out.

If you sand bag, you will be told to land by the CD and set the rest of the round out.

Scoring

You will get 1 point for flying a full 5 minute round.

You will get 5 points for a kill. A kill is when you put a plane down on the ground for that round and you can continue to fly that 5 minute round to the finish.

It is possible to get several kills in one round. You will receive 5 points per kill.

You could get 2 kills in a round and get put down at the last minute. In this case you would lose your kills for that round.

dlw-11-19-07
Sep 05, 2009, 10:19 AM
For us He died, in me He lives

Windy day flyer?

Hey guys, I have been looking at this one this morning on an FB's recommendation. I don't get enough chances to fly with a group to really concern myself with a good plane for combat but I do however see the great things the F&F seems to be capable of otherwise. 1 thing I am looking for is an all around plane that I could fly at the field regardless of wind. I know there are a lot of designs out there for windy day flying but I am always looking for others.
Aren't we all? And a simple build like this is so hard to resist.
How does this guy handle windy flying? Not Hurricane Gale force winds mind you, but a good breeze, or even 15+ mph gusts.

Any advice / opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Thx
Jimmy
Sep 09, 2009, 12:16 PM

Fast and Furious plans

I made a drawing of the Fast and Furious plans and saved them as a PDF for anyone who would like to have a standard plan. Is there anyone in South Eastern Michigan that would like to start a combat club that would meet regularly?

Just ShootMe
Last edited by Just ShootMe; Sep 09, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Sep 09, 2009, 12:37 PM
3D wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Hey guys, I have been looking at this one this morning on an FB's recommendation. I don't get enough chances to fly with a group to really concern myself with a good plane for combat but I do however see the great things the F&F seems to be capable of otherwise. 1 thing I am looking for is an all around plane that I could fly at the field regardless of wind. I know there are a lot of designs out there for windy day flying but I am always looking for others.
Aren't we all? And a simple build like this is so hard to resist.
How does this guy handle windy flying? Not Hurricane Gale force winds mind you, but a good breeze, or even 15+ mph gusts.

Any advice / opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Thx
Jimmy
We have flown combat in 15mph gust on several occasions, It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. There is a lot of mixing it up for ten seconds or so and then everybody getting back to the center of the field to do it again .
Sep 09, 2009, 12:38 PM
3D wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just ShootMe
I made a drawing of the Fast and Furious plans and saved them as a PDF for anyone who would like to have a standard plan. Is there anyone in South Eastern Michigan that would like to start a combat club that would meet regularly?

Just ShootMe
Nice plans shootme, thanks for sharing.
Sep 09, 2009, 03:15 PM
Thread OP

did 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokejohnson
Nice plans shootme, thanks for sharing.
I flew 2 of them with these yesterdaY AT ama/iac

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...&ParentCat=190

THEY DID JUST FINE
Sep 09, 2009, 05:02 PM
3D wannabe
I've got to get one of those. I have had a loaner plane on channel 18 for the longest and as luck would have it a buddy decided to put a loaner together and he bought a radio on the same channel . 2.4 is the only way to go for combat.
Sep 09, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokejohnson
I've got to get one of those. I have had a loaner plane on channel 18 for the longest and as luck would have it a buddy decided to put a loaner together and he bought a radio on the same channel . 2.4 is the only way to go for combat.
yes I did a hobbyking JR module system and it works like a $ 1,000 JR radio
Sep 09, 2009, 05:35 PM
Last seen fleeing Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just ShootMe

Just ShootMe

We fly these F&Fs at our club in Salem Township,Mi.We could try few informal combat events before the season is over,how about this sat.(9-12-09) at the Midwest RC club.?Here's a few pics from last week...we had a blast.
Sep 09, 2009, 05:57 PM
SKYPILEIT

I’d love to come out, thanks for the invitation. It was your blog that got me going on these Fast and Furious Planes, and got me to make the plans. I still have to make a combat plane before Saturday though. Is the Midwest RC Club field the one on 7mile rd. now?

Just ShootMe
Last edited by Just ShootMe; Sep 09, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
Sep 09, 2009, 06:44 PM
Last seen fleeing Detroit
Yes..I'll make sure I get the address to you by Friday,I might even be out there tomorrow for a few hours,It's a few miles west of Curry Road,There is a Midwest R/C Club sign out front,you must drive a few hundred yards (north)on the access road to get to our field.We'll be out there Sat morn by 10am or so..
Sep 09, 2009, 07:06 PM

Fuse mod

A modification a few of us have made was to use the two pieces for the fuselage separated about 1 5/8. Then place the battery, esc and receiver between the foam fuselage.

Seems to offer better protection for the electronics and a little more to grab on to for the hand launch.

After a major collision, I decided to add some more foam in front of the battery to make a crumple zone for the battery.
Sep 10, 2009, 08:15 PM
Mr. DSRC,

what type of foam is that in your double fuse picture?

thanks
johnny v
shreveport la

Quick Reply