Mar 22, 2016, 03:52 PM
Buzzsaw
Looks like the kf airfoil was on top of the wing. We stop using the the kf after the first couple of planes we built out of
Lowe's fan fold because it seem to slow the plane down some. I'm wondering what prop, motor, and battery was used in the Video. Here at Muncie we fly in some windy conditions. The plane in the video seems a little slow. A couple of us put in a order to HK so we can build several more for this season of combat.

Buzzy
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2016, 09:19 PM
Haha yes it was alot slow there. The prop was a Gemfan 8x4.5 Slow Fly. Motor is an RCTimer cf2822/14 1200kv, battery is a 1300mah 3s 40c Turnigy Nanotech. I later used a 7x5 or 7x6 Apc e thin electric with much better results. This wing is dollar tree foam with the paper removed and a wood dowel leading edge spar, so the KF is more for stiffness. I posted this video because of how well it handled the wind that day, it was one of my early flights with it. A better demo of it is my video a few posts back, that is the same setup, only difference is that is with the 7x6. You could ask everyone to post their builds so we can see some before and after.

My club is just getting into combat but they are using 800mm scale warbirds. I don't get the logic but it is fun to watch. I'm going to get involved when they get tired of trashing 100 dollar airframes. We have discussed a spec class and this design is going to be a top contender.
Mar 23, 2016, 07:05 AM
Buzzsaw
Keep watching your six as your flying guy's.
Last edited by dlw151947; Mar 23, 2016 at 07:47 AM.
May 06, 2019, 10:58 AM
BUMP.
My son is thinking he wants to do some combat flying. So over the past couple of weeks I put the F&F together. Using a Blue Wonder, 8x4 prop, 3cell 450 and 9g servos. comes in at 198g with batt. Started with the CG 1.75 behind the LE ... now moving it back a little at a time to find the sweet spot. Wow, Nice flying plane, Its a Rail Flyer! Thanks to all the previous posters.
Jun 02, 2019, 07:15 AM
Buzzsaw
Cutter good to see your happy with the F&F. The tower pro motor we all used to use are hard to get now days. I started using the emax 2228 motor on mine. I think this is what the Iowa groups using . http://combat.eavesonline.com/ . At one time their was several different clubs flying this cheap little plane throughtout the US.
Bussy
Jun 07, 2019, 10:52 AM
Hey Bussy, I've read lots of articles on Balance and Trimming. I've gotten quite a few planes to fly inverted w/o any correcting input to keep her level. But this one is giving me grief. Did you ever find a solution.
Cutter

Quick Reply