Apr 09, 2010, 09:45 AM
Buzzsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby
we still builting and flying the FF regularly, in fact we are in the process of buying enough motors,esc,servos,batterys,props and all the rest of the goodies for our club and hopefully before end of month we will have a FF built on our next club meeting to get the others into!

-pete
Pete keep us updated on what you guys are doing.We are going to have Combat meet tommorow if it's not to windy.
Buzzy
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2010, 08:25 PM
3D wannabe
Yep combat season is ready to kick off around here as soon as the winds die down. The wind brought the warmer temperature which was good but I am ready for the wind to stop.
Apr 10, 2010, 12:01 AM
will do Buzzy

-pete
Apr 10, 2010, 05:59 AM
It's Good to be Retired!
Just to let you know, a lot of us here in SE Michigan (RC Groups: SEMFF) are following along with this thread and your antics. We hope to start our own combat session here in Michigan and plan on using your combat experience as, in the words of the infamous Captain Barbosa from the Pirates of the Caribbean, “As Guidelines”.

Jordon
Apr 10, 2010, 07:10 PM
Buzzsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordonr
Just to let you know, a lot of us here in SE Michigan (RC Groups: SEMFF) are following along with this thread and your antics. We hope to start our own combat session here in Michigan and plan on using your combat experience as, in the words of the infamous Captain Barbosa from the Pirates of the Caribbean, “As Guidelines”.

Jordon
We are always interested in what other groups are doing as far as combat goes.We had our contest today with 12-15 mph winds all day long. Bluebird will post a contest write up with todays scores and what went on most of the day.Thanks again for following our thread. How things going your way James?
Buzzy
Apr 11, 2010, 06:56 AM
Buzzsaw

Combat 4-9-2010 at Hagerstown

Carl and Ike had the field manicured and plenty of refreshments as usual. THANK YOU once again. We had 11 pilots today at Hagerstown field outstanding considering this is Toledo wknd.. We flew 9 rounds w/ amazingly few mishaps, here are the results:
Doug S. Ace for the Day with 70
Isaac-60
Dennis- 50
Dale- 50
Steve- 40
Mike- 40
Gary- 30
Danny- 10
Willis- 10
Sandy- 10
Rich-0.
Note: Rich and Sandy flew only a couple rounds. Great pix Sandy, Thank you.
Also, Skyhawk's videos on YouTube are worth a look and thanks for the Link. Next scheduled meet 5/1/10 at Hagersto

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ww2ecombat/

combat 4 4-10-10.wmv (4 min 0 sec)

combat 4-10-10.wmv (2 min 59 sec)
Last edited by dlw151947; Apr 11, 2010 at 07:56 AM.
Apr 14, 2010, 07:28 PM
Buzzsaw
This is what Willis posted on our site about combat today at Muncie.

> Five of us showed up for a little combat today. Me, Skyhawk,G Bussell,Rich
and Don. There were a few midairs and I believe Dale had the most cuts. We are
going to try it again next week on Thursday at about 5 in the evening.Hope to
see you then. Willis
Apr 16, 2010, 04:41 AM
Buzzsaw
A Combat video that Dale took on board a F&F plane during a combat round Wednesday.

rc combat (2 min 45 sec)
Apr 17, 2010, 09:21 AM

motor placement

does it make a difference if you place the motor on the top side of the stick mount, or on the bottom of the stick mount.

the first F&F I made I used firewall mount, this time I am using the stick mount.

thanks

bert-nc
Apr 17, 2010, 03:13 PM
Buzzsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert-nc
does it make a difference if you place the motor on the top side of the stick mount, or on the bottom of the stick mount.

the first F&F I made I used firewall mount, this time I am using the stick mount.

thanks

bert-nc
Bert-nc, I don't think it would make much difference. Most of our guys are mounting the stick to the bottom of the wing which will put the motor shaft center line with the center of the foam thickness. Hope this helps.
Danny
Apr 17, 2010, 08:34 PM

Assembly manual for RCSMP club

We ordered parts for 10 kits and are going to have a build party at our club.
I prepared a manual for that. Maybe someone would find it useful.

I can also provide the list of ordered items if anyone is interested.

Sergey.
Apr 18, 2010, 06:36 AM
Buzzsaw
Very nice build and parts information Sergey. The rules we have made up for the F&F have worked for us the the past 3 years very well you"ll find in post #14.. Thanks again for taking the time and posting the information.
Danny
Last edited by dlw151947; Apr 18, 2010 at 06:43 AM.
Apr 19, 2010, 09:41 AM
^Its what I do^ - FPVholic
I built an F&F a few days ago. With the cg at exactly 1.75" behind the LE, the maiden proved the plane to be extremely twitchy and sensitive to control inputs.
Wouldnt this mean that I need to move my cg forward, b/c Im tail heavy?

Thanks for creating such an awesome plane.
BTW would this design hold up for full contact combat?

TFF
Apr 19, 2010, 12:33 PM
Buzzsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Farmer
I built an F&F a few days ago. With the cg at exactly 1.75" behind the LE, the maiden proved the plane to be extremely twitchy and sensitive to control inputs.
Wouldnt this mean that I need to move my cg forward, b/c Im tail heavy?

Thanks for creating such an awesome plane.

TFF
It sounds like yes you should move some weight forward a little.Tail heavy with this plane will get you in trouble in a hurry,I know from the first couple I built. I have built probally built 30 or so planes so far. One thing to check is to make sure you don"t have the aerilon with too much throw to start off with. I snapped my first one in on the first flight.

For flying full contact you need a plane like we fly NO MERCY with. Which is a delta.

Hope this helps.
Danny
Last edited by dlw151947; Apr 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Apr 19, 2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Farmer

TFF
The one I have built according to the instructions in the above post went through quite a few midair collisions and ground crashes and still holds strong.
It eats props for lunch, though. Yesterday, a friend flying that plane went through 4 propellers (although I, flying a KFm3 variant of this plane, this time went home with the same prop I came with)

Sergey.

Quick Reply