CAP232 Flying aerobatic from the cockpit - RC Groups
Jun 06, 2009, 10:50 PM
Live FPV or Die
Discussion

CAP232 Flying aerobatic from the cockpit

I rebuild my cap 232 last summer and barely had time to try it before the winter. I made few flights this week with it, and i love it. It fly so well and the realism of the cockpit is awesome. That's my dream plane!

Cap232 Vol en immersion a BrossAir (7 min 4 sec)

For more info: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ghlight=cap232
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2009, 03:09 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
VR Thats just awesome!

I saw your old posts on this plane and I was wondering what happened to it.

Glad to see you flying it again! A real inspiration!

At 4:12 and at other times in the video you are looking to the right wing and it looks like the canopy is open on the rear edge? Is that for airflow for cooling?

Do you have a microphone for onboard sound?
I think it would be cool to be able to hear the motor in the video too.

Awesome plane! I love it!
Jun 07, 2009, 03:45 AM
Suspended Account
really nice video
very realistic

the most realistic video I have ever seen
Jun 07, 2009, 06:00 AM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
Brilliant, loved seeing a few reflections in the canopy, very realistic. Is the insrument panel built up or just an image?

Regards

Gordon
Jun 07, 2009, 06:25 AM
Live FPV or Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
At 4:12 and at other times in the video you are looking to the right wing and it looks like the canopy is open on the rear edge? Is that for airflow for cooling?
It's just the screw need to be replace on the canopy, the hole is too big... and it open the canopy with the airflow inside the fuselage
Jun 07, 2009, 06:29 AM
Live FPV or Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeW
Brilliant, loved seeing a few reflections in the canopy, very realistic. Is the insrument panel built up or just an image?

Regards

Gordon
I start with a photo of the instrument panel and scale it to fit my plane, I printed severals copies. I cut hole in the instruments, glue an acrylic sheet behind, put a second photo of the instrument panel behind the acrylic to give depth perception. I added needle, etc to make my switch.
Jun 07, 2009, 07:24 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
I was just looking through your videos and saw the F-18 one. Is that a Steve Shumate (aka jetset44) design? If so, what did you use to make the canopy? I've just built a parkjet F-18 and am thinking about using it for FPV.

Cheers,

Lovegroove
Jun 07, 2009, 07:49 AM
Live FPV or Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove
I was just looking through your videos and saw the F-18 one. Is that a Steve Shumate (aka jetset44) design? If so, what did you use to make the canopy? I've just built a parkjet F-18 and am thinking about using it for FPV.

Cheers,

Lovegroove

Yes it's the Steve's design

It's not easy to do the canopy, I place a plastic sheet in a metallic rack to hold it on each side firmly, and put the plastic sheet under a heating element and wait until gravity shape it to bubble. It do not work most of the time, but with patience I get what I want.
Jun 07, 2009, 12:30 PM
Dude, you make me wanna go buy a Futaba and head tracker!!!

Awesome, best yet!
Jun 16, 2009, 12:54 PM
Live FPV or Die
Another video from my CAP232:

CAP232 preparation et envol (8 min 25 sec)
Jun 16, 2009, 01:30 PM

Cap232

Denis,
Extraordinaire, comme d'habitude! Tellement realiste, on se croirais aux commandes d'un vrai Cap232. Ca, c'est de l'immersion!

In English!:
Awesome, as per usual. Very realistic, feel like you are in the cockpit of the real thing! Now that's true immersion!

Olivier.
Jun 16, 2009, 02:12 PM
Awesome again, nice landing!
Jun 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
Live FPV or Die
Merci!
in english: Thank!
Jun 17, 2009, 12:49 PM
Team White Llama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports
Dude, you make me wanna go buy a Futaba and head tracker!!!

Awesome, best yet!

lol, these videos are pretty much what made me go buy a 7C
Jun 17, 2009, 10:13 PM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
That is one of the best friggen videos I have ever seen. That cockpit is just freakin Awesome!!! Nice job dude!!