Jun 04, 2009, 01:24 PM
New Product

B2 Spirit "Stealth Bomber" Twin EDF! PICS UP!! In Production Now!

Guys, Gals, Pilots. I am more than excited to reveal to you something Banana Hobby has been developing for the past 6 months! We are proud to bring to you the B2 Spirit! Twin 64mm, Full Mechanical Retracts with Full Retract Bay Doors! Functional bomb bay! She will fly on a supplied 2200mah 4S 20C lipo. This B2 has gone through much much revisions and trial and error. She has NO vertical stabs at all. Not even Clear Vertical Stabs. The wind span is over 5 Feet I believe. I am at the office and the B2 is back at my residence as I was up til' the wee morning hours getting her completed. I will have actual wingspan and more details along with PHOTOS later today! I am going to put a test flight on her hopefully later this afternoon. Sorry about the teaser! I just could not contain my excitement!

Keep in mind this is still pre production and revisions to color etc are still being made. It is in production as far as the model in general. We are updating the color. Please keep this thread positive.

I know there will be many that do not think it is "scale enough". There is no possible way to be 100% completely scale with an RC B2. This B2 uses No Gyros at all. Flies on your taileron/elevon mixing and functional air brakes. The real B2 takes many computers to keep airborne. I am proud of what we have accomplished here and I hope you the people whom matter feel the same way! A LOT of sweat and hard work has been given to bring this to reality.

PICS UP!

Pete

For those whom wonder, I AM 5'6"

Last edited by Banana Hobby; Jun 04, 2009 at 08:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2009, 01:27 PM
Sounds great pete. How about a video of a bomb run with those "snaps" little kids throw at the ground.
Jun 04, 2009, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcsti
Sounds great pete. How about a video of a bomb run with those "snaps" little kids throw at the ground.
You are reading my mind!
Jun 04, 2009, 01:36 PM
Pete, you have PM.
Jun 04, 2009, 03:39 PM
Awesome! Cant wait for those pictures! I have also heard rumors of a larger scale F117 with mechanical retracts that will be coming out soon... Is this just a rumor?
Jun 04, 2009, 04:26 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Sounds great, Pete... eagerly awaiting pics (and videos!)

Any guess at the AUW?
Jun 04, 2009, 06:24 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
SUH-WEET!!

I remember asking a few months back if you guys would ever consider the B-2 Spirit...It's great to here it's on its way! (Did you guys decide to not go with twin 70mm's for any reason? Just curious)...

Can't wait to see photos/video!
Jun 04, 2009, 07:18 PM
its TALON TIME!
i worked on the real B-2's for 3 years....if this puppy is good...you can bet i'll be getting one.
Jun 04, 2009, 07:21 PM
Smoke, Fire, ahh SMIRE!!
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!

I can't wait to see it, 60 inch wingspan and no fakey vertical surfaces; WOW! Is it running a gyro or is it just a straight up wing?
Jun 04, 2009, 07:28 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Can't wait to see this one.
Jun 04, 2009, 07:46 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at last something to please the eye and enjoy at the field (not to mention the bomb runs Ill be ....)I have two GWS B2 as a wall decoration... PICSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Jun 04, 2009, 07:57 PM
Pilots, I have updated the original post with the photos. Keep in mind this is still pre production and revisions to color etc are still being made. It is in production as far as the model in general. We are updating the color. Please keep this thread positive.

I know there will be many that do not think it is "scale enough". There is no possible way to be 100% completely scale with an RC B2. This B2 uses No Gyros at all. Flies on your taileron/elevon mixing and functional air brakes. The real B2 takes many computers to keep airborne. I am proud of what we have accomplished here and I hope you the people whom matter feel the same way!

Pete
Jun 04, 2009, 08:01 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
What original post ?????? I just ran across this one.
Jun 04, 2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Pilots, I have updated the original post with the photos. Keep in mind this is still pre production and revisions to color etc are still being made. It is in production as far as the model in general. We are updating the color. Please keep this thread positive.

I know there will be many that do not think it is "scale enough". There is no possible way to be 100% completely scale with an RC B2. This B2 uses No Gyros at all. Flies on your taileron/elevon mixing and functional air brakes. The real B2 takes many computers to keep airborne. I am proud of what we have accomplished here and I hope you the people whom matter feel the same way!

Pete
Dont worry about scale look, gyros and, computers cause this is an RC plane..... REALLY COOL PLANE!!!!
Jun 04, 2009, 08:05 PM
woooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Thats what Im talking about!!!
a couple of squadrons of this RC plane and the AF will soon commissions ourselves to the middle east!!!!! IM In!!!!!!!!!
BTW how about a test flight???? can you send one in?

Quick Reply