Nov 23, 2017, 09:27 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdD0g
Scaled templates. TIG wire box fuselage (1/8" liteply deck from engine mounts to wing mounts). ASP.21A powered. 1.7 pounds should fly pretty light and fast...
That's a lot of power in a small package. The Mini is 62.5%
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2018, 03:32 PM
WD ( Whispering Death )

First 3D printed Gremlin

We’ll I’ve been busy working on a conceptual idea of a tuff as nails Gremlin. And maybe a little sporty look as well. Meet the first 3D printed Gremlin.
Jan 19, 2018, 03:33 PM
WD ( Whispering Death )
Electric of course!
Jan 19, 2018, 03:41 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Of course
Jan 19, 2018, 07:14 PM
WD ( Whispering Death )
Wings are next....
Mar 06, 2018, 04:30 PM

seems like a winter of gremlin goodness

i have been building three modified gremlins for electric streamer fun, the big change up is i covered them in paper mache, and am hanging the motor off a flat firewall on the nose. If you remember the old tough-flight predator series, this will be very similar, I will get pics up here at some point soon, so far each gremlin is using about 4 Aldi's paper bags, 2 bass wood trailing spars, one 1/2 thck 7 layer birch center rib, and about 1 cup of titebond one's worth of glue , most of the weight evaporates and the paper shringks down really tite.
Last edited by cgoffa; Mar 06, 2018 at 06:46 PM.
Jan 08, 2019, 07:32 AM
Kit Manufacturer
After 26 ytears I have decided to shutdown Gremlin production. I have depleted all my current materials and rather than restock, I'm going to stop production. The plane outlasted the two magazines it was featured in (RCM & Flying Models) and outlived the designer, Eric Henderson

Thank you for all the orders and the popularity of the plane, it's just time
Jan 09, 2019, 06:56 AM
WD ( Whispering Death )
With out Jim and the Gremlins so many RC pilots would have never experienced the thrill of combat. �� Jim thank you for your years of service and the fun you and Grems help provided for all us Combat Pilots.

Whispering Death.
Jan 09, 2019, 10:28 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brian
With out Jim and the Gremlins so many RC pilots would have never experienced the thrill of combat. �� Jim thank you for your years of service and the fun you and Grems help provided for all us Combat Pilots.

Whispering Death.
Thanks Steve. I was just discussing on Facebook about the young generation that grew up through Gremlin contests and where they have gone on to since. It was time to refocus
Jan 09, 2019, 10:28 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brian
We’ll I’ve been busy working on a conceptual idea of a tuff as nails Gremlin. And maybe a little sporty look as well. Meet the first 3D printed Gremlin.
Steve, Where did this project get to?
Feb 02, 2019, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the kits!

I had ordered the nitro & electric versions of the Gremlin a while back. I just got to building & flying the electric version for the E-1000 class the RC Combat Association (RCCA) is working on getting going. I flew it last fall & it flies great. I'm glad I could get a Gremlin before you stopped production, but I understand the business-side of your decision. Your plane flies great & was fun to build. Thanks for a great kit, & congrats on the long run with the design!
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
RCCA #876
AMA # 273119
Feb 03, 2019, 09:08 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmldr
I had ordered the nitro & electric versions of the Gremlin a while back. I just got to building & flying the electric version for the E-1000 class the RC Combat Association (RCCA) is working on getting going. I flew it last fall & it flies great. I'm glad I could get a Gremlin before you stopped production, but I understand the business-side of your decision. Your plane flies great & was fun to build. Thanks for a great kit, & congrats on the long run with the design!
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
RCCA #876
AMA # 273119
Glad to hear it Andy! Yes, it was so popular because it was cheap and flew well. After 26 years, it was time

Quick Reply