Thread Tools
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:01 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
It does. But the blue is pretty cool too.
Yeah the blue is really growing on me. If they accidentally shipped me a blue instead of the yellow I ordered, I'd definitely keep it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:20 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
It does. But the blue is pretty cool too.
It is, but I have a penchant for red as it is easier for me to see....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Enterprise7 is offline
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
Enterprise7's Avatar
Steve

I am waiting on you to report back on your A60-6XS install. My 71 Slick had a massive structural failure (wing spar tube end cap) at FLI and I have all the gear to go into something new. It is 4 ounces heavier than the A50-16S, and I would be happy if that means putting in the push pull in the rudder to get good balance.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Bigster is offline
Find More Posts by Bigster
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
It is, but I have a penchant for red as it is easier for me to see....

SteveT
Truth be told, me too. Almost my whole fleet is yellow.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
Steve

I am waiting on you to report back on your A60-6XS install. My 71 Slick had a massive structural failure (wing spar tube end cap) at FLI and I have all the gear to go into something new. It is 4 ounces heavier than the A50-16S, and I would be happy if that means putting in the push pull in the rudder to get good balance.
I would bet that it will...but fortunately that is easily done....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:11 PM
Enterprise7 is offline
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
Enterprise7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Truth be told, me too. Almost my whole fleet is yellow.
He is not kidding! I saw it for myself. Even his old school 47" 3DHS Extra Ben was reminscing about.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 PM
weaser42 is online now
Find More Posts by weaser42
House of Paine
weaser42's Avatar
The blue has even more of a muscle car look as the colors have been used quite a bit, don't recall many yellow and red muscle cars

I'd love to see both in person. When I got my 68 yellow I had no doubts that was the scheme for me, but when I saw the blue in person I was second guessing. I'm sure the new scheme will be like the first... no wrong choice to me made!

I'm afraid to fly my 68 now for fear I'll kill it half on purpose just so I can get one of the cool new 70" ones I still don't know which scheme I'd choose
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:53 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
I still don't know which scheme I'd choose
both.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:04 AM
FlyingDreams is online now
Find More Posts by FlyingDreams
Registered User
FlyingDreams's Avatar
Hey Bigster, I'll trade you my yellow/red 68" for your new blue 70". For a small fee, I'll leave everything (dle-20, tank and all electronics) in it. You get a gasser all ready to fly. Think about it... you could be flying it this weekend...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:11 AM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
The blue has even more of a muscle car look as the colors have been used quite a bit, don't recall many yellow and red muscle cars

I'd love to see both in person. When I got my 68 yellow I had no doubts that was the scheme for me, but when I saw the blue in person I was second guessing. I'm sure the new scheme will be like the first... no wrong choice to me made!
Agreed on the blue looking more like a muscle car, but the yellow is a hot rod!

You've got to come fly with us at SVF some day. Of course there will be my yellow 70, and I would be really surprised if one or two other guys didn't end up with one sometime soon.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
Bigster is offline
Find More Posts by Bigster
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDreams View Post
Hey Bigster, I'll trade you my yellow/red 68" for your new blue 70". For a small fee, I'll leave everything (dle-20, tank and all electronics) in it. You get a gasser all ready to fly. Think about it... you could be flying it this weekend...
You may not realize how tempting this is to me ...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:56 AM
Irg is online now
Irg
Find More Posts by Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
haha, I think he realized.

congrats on the win, Mark. I want one.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
ghoffman is offline
Find More Posts by ghoffman
Registered User
Do it! John's 68 is all ready to go!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:21 AM
horton is offline
Find More Posts by horton
ExtremeFlightRC.com
horton's Avatar
Hey guys, the 70" Veloxs are shipping. Some trimming of the cowl is needed on this version. Real simple and makes a nice, tight fit.

The manual will be updated, but wanted you all to be aware.

I have to say, I haven't been a big fan of gas in this size, but the DLE 20 powered Velox has changed my mind. So much fun. If anyone is on the fence about gas vs. electric, go for the DLE 20!
Site Sponsor


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3D Hobby Shop Velox Revolution 47" 800mZero 3D Flying 8497 Dec 19, 2011 11:48 AM
Discussion 25 Flights: 3D Hobby Shop Velox Revolution Doc Austin 3D Flying 45 Apr 21, 2008 10:19 AM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 47" Velox: On 3S sun.flyer Electric Plane Talk 4 Dec 07, 2007 11:13 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 47" Velox: sun.flyer Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 07, 2007 02:23 PM