Jun 22, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MonsterMash
been a while since i talked here after keeping the velox had a tragic signal loss just over a fence of where i fly here is what is left and all water soaked:/
condolances
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2012, 09:17 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
....yup, 3DHS is fresh out of toy airplanes.
I was refering to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrinson
It wouldn't accept my pre-order with the Hacker motor, speed control and servos.
Where you said.

Quote:
it's the Hacker... no Hacker A15-16S in stock
I found it kind of funny that the motor was causing the problem with his order. Technically they aren't in stock (yet) since they are pre-order, correct. Since this is the thread about the Velox, I thought it would have been obvious, guess I should have clarified my statement.
Jun 22, 2012, 09:59 AM
Got the Slickness
Guys, I am selling a great 8s power set up for the new 70" Velox. A Motrofly 4325, Castle Ice 100, Castle BEC Pro, and a Xoar 20x8 prop.

Check out my ad here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post21966099
Jun 22, 2012, 08:07 PM
3dhs does not have enough 30cc size planes, so 70" seems like a good idea. also considering that they owned the only truly 20cc size 3d capable plane. two thumbs up for abandoning the 20 and 26 size and putting out another 30 size to compete with their current line. woohoo! yeah I'm bummed
Last edited by WindGap; Jun 22, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Jun 22, 2012, 09:54 PM
doh!
Do you really think 2 extra inches on the wing is going to add a ton of weight to the plane? I would imagine the difference is less than 4-6 oz.
In the past I owned a 70" Slick and 68" Velox equipped nearly the same, both electric, both ice 100's, both HS-985's all around, the Velox though had a 2 ounce lighter motor. There was exactly 8 oz difference between the two, 1/2 lb. Yet the 70" Slick was/is considered 30cc and the Velox was 20cc, over just 8oz? If they had had the exact same motor the difference would have only been 6oz. Yet if you see them side by side the 70" Slick looked lots bigger. My guess is a 70" Velox will be less than 4oz heavier than the older 68's. If a 20cc was enough before I have a hard time believing it will be much different now.
Jun 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
Lets hope so.
Jun 22, 2012, 10:16 PM
Huckin around the Shire
The difference is probably greater when you are talking gas setups. I have a 68" Velox setup with a Mintor 22 that is 8.5 lbs. I also have a 71" gas slick with a mintor 38 that is right at 11. The electric 71" airframe can't take the beating of the gasser, while the Velox can and that is the difference.
Jun 23, 2012, 01:15 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
I was refering to this post.

Where you said.

I found it kind of funny that the motor was causing the problem with his order. Technically they aren't in stock (yet) since they are pre-order, correct. Since this is the thread about the Velox, I thought it would have been obvious, guess I should have clarified my statement.
apologies, my reaction was based on the orderable status of the velox being known that you were referring to other stock. Sorry
Jun 23, 2012, 01:18 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindGap
3dhs does not have enough 30cc size planes, so 70" seems like a good idea. also considering that they owned the only truly 20cc size 3d capable plane. two thumbs up for abandoning the 20 and 26 size and putting out another 30 size to compete with their current line. woohoo! yeah I'm bummed
um, chill... it's the same plane, same rib count, same same same... just a smidge more fresh air in each wing. Nothing has made this plane stop being the 20-26 size plane you're talking about...
Jun 23, 2012, 01:23 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
um, chill... it's the same plane, same rib count, same same same... just a smidge more fresh air in each wing. Nothing has made this plane stop being the 20-26 size plane you're talking about...
Is everything else the same size?

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jun 23, 2012, 01:57 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Is everything else the same size?

SteveT
"um, chill... it's the same plane, same rib count, same same same... just a smidge more fresh air in each wing. Nothing has made this plane stop being the 20-26 size plane you're talking about"
Jun 23, 2012, 02:41 AM
3d flippin
real excited about making this one a gasser 20cc all the way!!!!!!!!!
Jun 23, 2012, 03:06 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
apologies, my reaction was based on the orderable status of the velox being known that you were referring to other stock. Sorry
No worries. Trust me I am pretty caught up on what is in stock (at least per the website.)
Jun 23, 2012, 07:54 AM
3DHS 'native'
The clincher for me would be a decent 20cc motor. Seems I have read people have not had great luck with the DLE 20 motor. Of course that could be totally wrong as this is the interweb.
Jun 23, 2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
"um, chill... it's the same plane, same rib count, same same same... just a smidge more fresh air in each wing. Nothing has made this plane stop being the 20-26 size plane you're talking about"
I think the plane grew by $20/wing too.

Quick Reply