Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 06, 2013, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Gluehand's Avatar
Found some more pics of the "Delphin"...

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2013, 03:56 PM
Registered User
Wow, what a team here!
Thanks Gluehand, great pictures.
Bill, that looks great. I wouldn't have recognized it as the same diesel.
John
Jan 06, 2013, 05:24 PM
Registered User
williame3590's Avatar
Boy would I ever love one of those exhaust diverters...cool as hell!

I also need to find someone to help me out with the nameplate on the housing. I can make the nameplate but I will need it lithoed or inked somehow.

I'm not painting my prop red!!

Bill
Jan 07, 2013, 01:45 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
Boy would I ever love one of those exhaust diverters...cool as hell!

I also need to find someone to help me out with the nameplate on the housing. I can make the nameplate but I will need it lithoed or inked somehow.

I'm not painting my prop red!!

Bill
The props were painted red originally in the factory !
Jan 07, 2013, 01:55 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprillia 250 RS View Post
So Reggie , it will be the FMO 6cc than. But then I missed the 2 exhaust rings. (I look in the book of Mike Clanford)
Thanks for the answer.
The first boxer was of 3,5cc in 1959 followed by the 6cc boxer of 1960. There were also glow engines of 7,5 and 8,5cc and a 3-cylinder radial boxer of 13,6cc dating 1964. I believe that exhaust rings were an option.
Jan 07, 2013, 01:56 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
The first boxer was of 3,5cc in 1959 followed by the 6cc boxer of 1960. There were also glow engines of 7,5 and 8,5cc and a 3-cylinder radial boxer of 13,6cc dating 1964. I believe that exhaust rings were an option.
This should be courtesy Holger Menrad of course !
Jan 07, 2013, 02:04 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprillia 250 RS View Post
So Reggie , it will be the FMO 6cc than. But then I missed the 2 exhaust rings. (I look in the book of Mike Clanford)
Thanks for the answer.
The FMO story from Model Engine World magazine courtesy John Goodall
Jan 07, 2013, 03:00 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
brokenenglish's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
Boy would I ever love one of those exhaust diverters...cool as hell!
Bill
Bill,
Those "jet-plane" exhausts aren't all that rare. I think they were available for (or maybe even supplied with) all the Taifun 2.5cc engines (i.e. all the aero engines). Occasionally a Rasant II with these exhausts comes up on eBay. Maybe "speed demon" does a Ronald Valentine replica.
Brian
Jan 07, 2013, 05:46 AM
F1B is ok.
Today I need your help once.
Which engine is it?

Heinz
Jan 07, 2013, 05:52 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastf1b View Post
Today I need your help once.
Which engine is it?

Heinz
An ALAG from Hungary
Jan 07, 2013, 06:21 AM
Registered User
Gluehand's Avatar
Yes it is an Alag.
It's hard to see what size, but it is either a 2.5 cc "X-3" or a 1.5 cc "X-4"...
Jan 07, 2013, 06:24 AM
F1B is ok.
Thanks Reginald, I had already thought because of the shape of the cooling head.

Heinz
Jan 07, 2013, 10:24 AM
Registered User
Thanks Reginald. Is it possible to mail those pages too me please?
Is this a commercial , or a very rare engine?? I hope I write this right??
Jan 07, 2013, 11:13 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
brokenenglish's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastf1b View Post
Today I need your help once.
Which engine is it?

Heinz
Heinz, on my screen, I can clearly see X-3 on the side of the crankcase, so it's 2.5 cc.
I think Alags are under-estimated. The X-4 and X-3 that I had, decades ago, were nice engines.
Brian
Jan 07, 2013, 12:08 PM
F1B is ok.
I think also it's X3. The X3 from post #4407 is very similar.

Heinz


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Engines Aeromister Engines 15 Aug 23, 2016 09:57 AM
scale model of engines dw1122 Life, The Universe, and Politics 4 Apr 11, 2016 10:39 AM
Discussion Need help with two diesel engines ! cosmin Engines 4 Apr 18, 2014 07:18 PM
WTB-Model Diesel Fuel slogo Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 13, 2004 09:42 PM
diesel engines wyflyer_55 Fuel Plane Talk 7 Apr 22, 2002 02:45 AM