Sep 18, 2012, 04:21 AM
Closed Account
Have any of you freezil deeks - er, diesel freaks heard when David Owen's Taipan replica's will be available ? I'm starting to think that I'll be dead with old age before they get here !
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2012, 05:52 AM
Newbee

re


Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
Have any of you freezil deeks - er, diesel freaks heard when David Owen's Taipan replica's will be available ? I'm starting to think that I'll be dead with old age before they get here !
Nothing on his site, maybe contact him.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gun View Post
Reginald, I am nearing the stage where I will be doing some anodising and I wondered whether in your experience if you had found the need to agitate the acid during the actual anodising process. I have read that it is used in industry, but is it really necessary?
Thanks, Charlie
Here is a scan of the article by N.Rat in MEW magazine Aug 1994
Sep 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
Registered User
Here is a scan of the article by N.Rat in MEW magazine Aug 1994

Thanks Reginald,
Charlie
Sep 18, 2012, 08:41 PM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gun View Post
Here is a scan of the article by N.Rat in MEW magazine Aug 1994

Thanks Reginald,
Charlie
There was some follow-up with comments in a later issue about the article. I will look it up but I am off to bed now, it is half past 3 in the morning here and I had to go to Urgence in hospital a few hours ago, my wife became very faint all of a sudden, hart problems do run in her family, so she has to stay the night
on a baxter and cardio will be taken tomorrow. I am very worried. Feel all lost and there's nothing I can do right now. see you guys
Sep 18, 2012, 09:07 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
There was some follow-up with comments in a later issue about the article. I will look it up but I am off to bed now, it is half past 3 in the morning here and I had to go to Urgence in hospital a few hours ago, my wife became very faint all of a sudden, hart problems do run in her family, so she has to stay the night
on a baxter and cardio will be taken tomorrow. I am very worried. Feel all lost and there's nothing I can do right now. see you guys
Reggy, I'm sure I speak for everyone here on this Forum - hope everything is AOK with your wife, and our best wishes to you both. BOB
Sep 18, 2012, 09:09 PM
robinson727
Reginald,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you tonight from this side of the globe.. I hope your wife is safe and well and you find tranquillity in your spirit.
Al
Sep 19, 2012, 01:55 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Sundancer's Avatar
Reginald

My thoughts are with you at a difficult time, I know just how you feel, my wife had similar problems last year which thankfully turned out to be caused by a virus which cleared up. I sincerely hope it is the same for you.
Sep 19, 2012, 08:07 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Reginald

My thoughts are with you at a difficult time, I know just how you feel, my wife had similar problems last year which thankfully turned out to be caused by a virus which cleared up. I sincerely hope it is the same for you.
I went to the hospital today to take her home. It turned out that things were not as dramatic as I feared. She has been working far too hard lately and this, combined with a low blood pressure to watch out for, resulted in her collapse. Surprisingly she did take all of this far more relaxed than I did. Of course she now realises that she must take this inherited hart risk must be taken more seriously. I believe some medication was prescribed. Our saiplane weekend with the RBW club to Cap Blanc Nez on sat/sunday goes on and I am sure that a nice beach walk from the tiny village of Escalles (at the foot of the Cap) toward Wissant will do her tremendously good.
My sincere thanks to all of you for the well wishing I received. It really did make me feel good. Thank you guys !
Sep 19, 2012, 09:33 AM
Registered User
Good to hear the good news Regi.
Sep 19, 2012, 12:27 PM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandrayan View Post
Good to hear the good news Regi.
Thank you !
Sep 20, 2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User

AM 15 Diesel


Anybody know what the crankshaft thread is on the AM 15.

John
Sep 20, 2012, 08:12 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by proctor View Post
Anybody know what the crankshaft thread is on the AM 15. John
John, its 1 BA, and its worth pointing out here (for those that don't know) how I found that out. Go to Brian Hampton's site ( http://sceptreflight.net/Model%20Eng.../A-M%2015.html ) look up the appropriate Engine Test, and 9 times out of 10 either Peter Chinn or Ron Warring will mention the shaft thread size in their test report. BOB
Sep 20, 2012, 09:41 PM
Registered User
Teals1's Avatar

AM Engines


Very helpful Twin-Stack. I have the first three - would like to get a 3.5cc redhead to complete the set sometime - so have printed out the engine test reports for each engine. Always a handy reference to have tucked away with the engine. Thanks
Allen
Sep 22, 2012, 02:39 AM
Newbee

Another whatisit


Hi All
Got this in bulk lot, no markings, about 1.5cc, can anyone identify it.
Thanks barry


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Engines Aeromister Engines 15 Aug 23, 2016 10:57 AM
scale model of engines dw1122 Life, The Universe, and Politics 4 Apr 11, 2016 11:39 AM
Discussion Need help with two diesel engines ! cosmin Engines 4 Apr 18, 2014 08:18 PM
WTB-Model Diesel Fuel slogo Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 13, 2004 10:42 PM
diesel engines wyflyer_55 Fuel Plane Talk 7 Apr 22, 2002 03:45 AM