Oct 16, 2018, 05:43 PM
The Mk2 was available with lugs to mount a silencer from 1964 if I remember correctly. I have still have one. I think the Elite was 1966/7, taking some lessons from Stockton/Jehlik's world champs winning motor of 1966. The Cox needle assembly was a common conversion pioneered by Dick Edmonds.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2018, 01:18 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2cf1g
The Mk2 was available with lugs to mount a silencer from 1964 if I remember correctly. I have still have one. I think the Elite was 1966/7, taking some lessons from Stockton/Jehlik's world champs winning motor of 1966. The Cox needle assembly was a common conversion pioneered by Dick Edmonds.
Thanks for the info!
Oct 17, 2018, 03:22 PM
Dieselized User
A couple pics of the ETA.
Oct 17, 2018, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamysz
A couple pics of the ETA.
Super engine. Thanks!
Oct 18, 2018, 03:22 PM
And you were right Danny M.... this is a very messy job indeed... espescially that sticky black diamond paste I have and it does not even come off well in the ultrason... but altough a bit better it is not yet as it should halfway the cylinder... maeby the dia paste is not coarse enough I do'nt know...
Oct 18, 2018, 05:10 PM
Diesel Danny

Lapping a cylinder

Good to see you making progress Reginald. When the bore is only tight at the top I let the lap dwell there a bit longer than at the bottom.

Your cleaning issues are one reason that I only tried diamond compound once!

I hope that it all works out with a sweet running engine as the result

* Danny M *
Oct 19, 2018, 05:55 PM

Any idea what this is?

I know this isn't a diesel, however there is a wealth of knowledge on this thread and I wondered if anyone could identify this mystery motor?
Oct 19, 2018, 06:05 PM
ffkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwichris
I know this isn't a diesel, however there is a wealth of knowledge on this thread and I wondered if anyone could identify this mystery motor?
Not with any certainty-but it looks like a Schroder twin (which was a homebuilt design utilising two Cox cylinders)-the one you posted obviously doesn't use Cox cylinders-but seems to have used the Schroder layout......the cylinders in the one you posted look very much like Arden ones....and the prop size shown would fit with a twin of 2x 099= 0.18 cu ins as a typical '19' sized engine prop...

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Oct 20, 2018, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwichris
The likely problem that you have is that no-one is familiar with a home-built one-off unless it's been given publicity in a magazine or, more recently, on the web.
Oct 20, 2018, 03:55 AM
The fact that the glow plugs are the early McCoy "Beer Bottle" types, suggest that it dates from the early 1950's, which the patina would tend to confirm. Then there's the prop which I think is German.............
Oct 20, 2018, 02:52 PM
Sorry to spoil the party but the twin is not constructed at all like a Schroeder twin. The Schroeder did not have a separate front housing, the case was split down the middle, and the induction was from the rear and not the top centre of the case. The engine looks unfinished since the carb assembly looks to be not fastened down and it appears to have no fuel feed assembly. As for the cylinders they look like Wenmac 049s which would fit in with the 8x4 prop.
Oct 21, 2018, 02:01 PM
For sure the prop is a Graupner Prop!

Guy
Oct 21, 2018, 02:06 PM
///////
Quote:
Originally Posted by uram9
For sure the prop is a Graupner Prop!

Guy
" Indubitablement "
http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/furax.htm
Last edited by coriolan; Oct 21, 2018 at 02:35 PM.
Oct 21, 2018, 06:19 PM
Ted Luginbuhl

Schlosser .5cc paperwork

Hello,

I just purchased a Schlosser .5cc and the engine has papers for a .25cc for some reason.

Could someone be so kind as to post a scan of the proper paperwork for this engine?

Thank you
Oct 22, 2018, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanduit
Hello,

I just purchased a Schlosser .5cc and the engine has papers for a .25cc for some reason.

Could someone be so kind as to post a scan of the proper paperwork for this engine?

Thank you
I can hook you up when I get home from work Bro..

Quick Reply