to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2009, 11:16 PM
Taxi ?
This is what happen if you land out at XC...

May 25, 2009, 03:33 AM
Looks like you had fun!

Did any of you get your LSF XC completed? I recall the 10K taking forever out in Mojave...

Joe
May 25, 2009, 10:42 AM
Team Crunch Brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesoar
Looks like you had fun!

Did any of you get your LSF XC completed? I recall the 10K taking forever out in Mojave...

Joe
Kai and I both needed our LSF IV 2K's , and we got them done on Saturday before we went on course for distance. Kai took about 45 minutes and I did mine (in better air) in just under 30.

When Cal Valley is working you can scream down the course and do a 10K pretty quick.

-l
May 25, 2009, 11:18 AM
Master of the Wind

Remains of yellow plane

If anyone wants the remains of the yellow plane in the photo it would be a lot less work to fix than building a new plane. Bay area though I occasionally go to socal and will be at Montague. Let me know by garbage day June 30.

Greg
May 25, 2009, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Norsworthy
If anyone wants the remains of the yellow plane in the photo it would be a lot less work to fix than building a new plane. Bay area though I occasionally go to socal and will be at Montague. Let me know by garbage day June 30.

Greg
Greg
Looks like our repair from last year held up pretty well.
JT
May 25, 2009, 01:10 PM
planepainter
Kai, I grew up in SoCal and the terrain in the photos looks VERY familiar. What part of Cal was this event held? I remember those warm days out west and I can imaging that there was rising air all over the place! Don.
May 25, 2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planepainter
Kai, I grew up in SoCal and the terrain in the photos looks VERY familiar. What part of Cal was this event held? I remember those warm days out west and I can imaging that there was rising air all over the place! Don.

Cal Valley is off Hwy 58 about half way between I-5 and Hwy 101. Its in the middle of nowhere, big open valley with big lift, big sink and nothing else to do but fly. The major landmark is a big dry lake bed, Soda Lake, and aptly named.
May 25, 2009, 02:22 PM
Hello Don,

That's at Cal Vally: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...ey,_California

-Kai
May 25, 2009, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesoar
Looks like you had fun!
Joe
Hello Joe,

Oh yeah, we did the 2K and it works out great.
10K next year.
Some write up for the trips posted at BayRC: http://bayrc.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5155

-Kai
May 25, 2009, 05:09 PM

Intelligent autonomous flight

Will someone elaborate on the performance of the ALOFT team from NCU?
May 25, 2009, 06:34 PM
Martin

Aloft Team

I'm sure they will publish/report on all of their flights. They handed out data loggers to all the planes so we had 3-d displays of all the flight paths for Sat and Sunday using SeeYou software I think. The Aloft path was perfectly straight from point to point and they were able to take the plane over 5100' in the big thermals. That is a huge advantage over the old naked eye which had a hard time seeing over 3500'. The plots of the thermals were equally impressive, several planes literally taking only three or four turns to get hundreds of feet of up elevations; the varios were singing.
Mart
Dust Devils
May 26, 2009, 10:23 AM
Master of the Wind
Yellow plane is gone.
May 26, 2009, 07:35 PM
The data loggers were from www.magtechinc.net

Data can be displayed graphically, in Google Earth or SeeYou.

I hope someone will post some klm files.
May 27, 2009, 07:02 AM
Dan Murphy
Where are the trees?????

Murph (from the northeast, where trees are everywhere....)