May 24, 2009, 09:08 PM
Discussion

New from 2dogrc and Axon Racing, Micro Aces! Enter Here to Win!

CONTEST IS CLOSED!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
barnyardflyer is our Winner! He will receive kit #1.

The Next Hottest thing on the flying field! Don't through away your vapor!

Available June 6th, all preorders get a Free Second Battery!

From the makers of the Fire Fox and Raptor comes the Micro Aces series! This series of depron and EPP planes comes 90% preassembled, with motor and 4 bladed prop! These durable 15" warbirds can fly indoors and out using the Parkzone brick electronics!

The P51's depron wing provides a rigid structure, while the reset of the plane is made from Pre-Printed EPP foam. This plane can handle minor crashes with little to no damage! Call your buddies for some front yard combat!

The plane is Rudder and Elevator with an option for aileron when the new brick comes out. We had to leave something for the modders to do!

To complete this model you need to install a Parkzone Brick, from a Vapor, Parkzone Cessna, Parkzone Sukhoi, or Parkzone Citabria. We provide the motor, prop and Control linkages. For improved performance use the New brick or the Walkera Brick. You will also have to mount the horizontal stabilizer. For the motor, you will have to connect it to the wires from the old motor. There are simple instructions for this in the instructions. Total build time is under an hour.

Specs

* Weight: 18-20 grams
* Motor: 7mm Pager Motor with 4 bladed Prop (included)
* Battery: 3.7V Dualsky 110 mAh 20C
* Wingspan: 15"
* Required to finish: Parkzone Brick not included

We hope to have some Bricks in stock before the P-51's arrive.

Contest Details:
To win this contest, post in this thread. The post does not have to say anything about the plane, just a post! June 1st Jim T Graham will run the RCGroups Random User Program on this post and it will select our winner! The winner will get a FREE KIT, with 2 Dualsky 110 mAh 20C Batteries. This will be the first kit shipped!

Good Luck to All!

Mark from 2dogrc
and
Josh from Axon Racing!
Last edited by 2dogrc; Jun 01, 2009 at 10:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2009, 09:51 PM
Up Up and Away!
Any video?

Is this rudder and elevator?

Have to solder motor to brick?

Hope I win!
May 24, 2009, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud
Any video?

Is this rudder and elevator?

Have to solder motor to brick?

Hope I win!

I corrected the post above also, but yes Rudder and elevator for now. With the 4 channel brick you can mod it to do ailerons.

You don't have to solder the motor to the brick, but you will have to connect the wires. You can twist and shrink wrap! We wanted this plane to be so easy to build you could build it a fly in such as the JR Indoor!

Video to come!

2dogrc
May 25, 2009, 09:03 AM
Wow i just bought my second Raptor plane and then this, I better safe for this one.lol
May 25, 2009, 09:31 AM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
Looks like fun to me!
May 25, 2009, 09:35 AM
Inciting Riots
Where does the brick mount?

I like that these are a "full" fuse airplane even if they are kind of square.

Kind of surprised that you didn't make this part of the snap and fly series, what would it take to mod this pane to fit those electronics?
May 25, 2009, 10:04 AM
RCAPA # 28
Cool looking, can't wait to win one.
May 25, 2009, 10:14 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Would love to take this to the Eden 4th of July indoor!

Diggs
May 25, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
Sweet looking plane.. good job!

Mark
May 25, 2009, 10:48 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Oh my gosh, another way to use other components. Makes me almost tear apart my Cessna and pull the guts out.

Mark, where do you get this stuff. You must not sleep at night thinking up things to do with batteries and foam.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
May 25, 2009, 10:52 AM
Wow, I want one. I almost bought a PZ vapor. Think I'm gonna wait for this one. Whats the pricing on the kit itself? Are there any other models in development for later release? Gotta have some extra planes for Allied vs Axis missions lol. A BF109 would be great. These things are gonna be awesome since the end of the Cox Micro Warbirds. Somehow I don't think they're gonna be back anytime soon. Great model! Now to go get a Brick and Radio lol.
Last edited by matthew954; May 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Add to post
May 25, 2009, 10:59 AM
Is it SEFF yet?
Any other Aces planned?
May 25, 2009, 11:03 AM
LHS Supporter.....
Sweet plane.
May 25, 2009, 12:00 PM
Up Up and Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg3
Any other Aces planned?
Josh told me a few more would follow after the release of this one!

Than before the winter, josh said that 3-5 would be on the market!
May 25, 2009, 12:17 PM
SWEET! Did he mention any candidates he was thinking about doing?