Dec 25, 2012, 01:48 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
After the mudbath of last Sunday's, it was time to do some much-needed long-awaited serious cleaning!

Almost ready, now... Motor and ESC to be installed again... I hate cleaning that old double sided tape, but someone's gotta do the dirty work as well... so it may take some time before it's presentable!

BTW, I installed the revo shock, complete with blue spring and Xray's 2000 CST oil (around 80wt as suggested earlier), though I suspect I will have to preload it quite a bit, so the battery box stays more or less parallel to the ground.

We will see how it goes when motor and battery are on the bike again...

Meanwhile: To do list: Clean and lube the forks, do the same to the bodywork (ok, not lube!), front wheel bearings clean and lube, take a look at that much neglected steering damper and... oh... charge a couple of batteries, right?!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2012, 02:01 AM
NaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
... free Anger retail channel

Dislaimer (This is not a pop at the original instructions, just a pop at Google Translate, or should that be Google Transmogrify).
My hovercraft is full of eels...
Dec 27, 2012, 03:35 AM
Vzzznnnn...
I saw Stelios' photo, and I remembered that I had to do some work on my bikes...

My front shock absorbers need service, also have a steering stabilizer to be installed.

To be continued
Dec 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Hmm... dont know why... but I like the steering damper under the top triple...
It's more protected, there, I think too...
Dec 27, 2012, 10:58 AM
Vzzznnnn...
It's not a bad idea.
The truth is that (for the first time, ever) I follow the manual of the steering damper hehehe....
Dec 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
My hovercraft is full of eels...
The Classic...

Babel fish are a needed commodity right now, it's just Google have not invested in any!

E-gyro awaiting transplant and I'll give you all the good news in the new year!
Feb 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
Well 'ell!

I had a play with Ian G's Nitro M5 and
It really is that good!

Very settled suspension, a noise like an old 2T crosser and it went forever on a tank of fuel.

OS .15 CVR engine, lots of old TTn bits and a trick looking and sounding exhaust. It is a shame the videos (or my phone pictures) do not convey how good it looked or sounded.

Nitro M5 power at Skipton Club Day (0 min 52 sec)

Name: 044.jpg
Views: 158
Size: 288.3 KB
Description:

Name: 045.jpg
Views: 139
Size: 255.2 KB
Description:

Name: 046.jpg
Views: 149
Size: 301.9 KB
Description:

Name: 047.jpg
Views: 140
Size: 227.0 KB
Description:

Name: 048.jpg
Views: 114
Size: 96.2 KB
Description:

Name: 050.jpg
Views: 140
Size: 287.1 KB
Description:
Feb 10, 2013, 08:17 PM
That's awesome sounds like a thumper in the slow mo
Does it still have the gyro ?
Awesome job love it
Feb 11, 2013, 05:32 AM
Yes it still retains its m-gyro.

Apologies for the loss of sound with this one. It was recorded with my phone, and I get the feeling it wasn't too happy about the very cold and damp conditions. It was so bad, you couldn't feel your fingers after a couple of minutes.

Nitro M5 at Skipton (0 min 53 sec)

The other bike is a Nitro Arx with m-gyro
Feb 11, 2013, 10:19 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Very cool JB. Was that you driving in first video...nice drifting going on.
Feb 11, 2013, 02:33 PM
That looks like it goes very well, I have one somewhere that I have stripped the motor and esc out of, was it an easy thing to do and did you keep the same spur gear ? I fancy having a go
Thanks.
Feb 11, 2013, 02:39 PM
Vzzznnnn...
Great bike!

Hmmmmmm........

I have a spare Anderson M5
I have a spare Nitro Bike
Maybe it's time for my Frankestanderson
Feb 11, 2013, 02:48 PM
@JMc Not me in the video, which is just as well. Ian was doing a better job of drifting it around the big sweeper.

@Steve. From what I gathered, it is essentially a TTn with the front and rear supension sets from the M5, or a re-worked M5 with a TTn middle if you see what I mean. The carbon frames were cut and made for the job, Spur is TTn. Fuel tank is a tinplate creation. The exhaust was subtly tweaked.

It is a little wider than a stock M5, but the photos show most of what is needed. The standard M5 frames were found to be no use, hence the TTn 'rebody'. I can't expand any further, as I didn't build it, just forwarding on what I was told.
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
Feb 11, 2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks, thats a shame you cant use the stock frames never mind will have a look into it, I do have a spare Ricky somewhere as well but that wont handle like the Anderson.
Thanks again.
Steve.
Feb 12, 2013, 03:32 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
this is a very MANLY bike! It's got NO BRAKES!!!!! Wow!