m5 motocross anderson model - Page 29 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 14, 2010, 03:15 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin
I was checking out the specs on the 1WC0608 bearing that is used in the bike.
Stumbled on this site showing Duratrax bearings. Typed in ''one way'' into their search and came up with some results but having not seen (and not knowing the size of) an M5 OWB, I don't know if it of any use.... worth a look I suppose as I know you are all struggling to get hold of this item.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2010, 07:55 PM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
Ok
Wired in ezrun 5.5 combo this evening, wired esc directly onto motor as the wires were plenty long enough so didnt use the bullet connectors.

Problem 1:

When I tried to calibrate controler i had to hold set button and switch on esc but it flashes and beeps constantly, but the controller does function the motor if i dont press the set button and just use controller as normal.

Problem 2:

Before i put esc into bike the heat fan was spinning constantly and now installed in bike i cant hear it working so is it meant to be working constantly.

Problem 3:

Whilst it was all turned on on its stand the steering servo and the motor were spontaniously twitching or working with out me touching anything.

Any help with above would be much appreciated as im desperate to use the bloody thing..
May 14, 2010, 08:34 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by peco74
Ok
Wired in ezrun 5.5 combo this evening, wired esc directly onto motor as the wires were plenty long enough so didnt use the bullet connectors.

Problem 1:

When I tried to calibrate controler i had to hold set button and switch on esc but it flashes and beeps constantly, but the controller does function the motor if i dont press the set button and just use controller as normal.

Problem 2:

Before i put esc into bike the heat fan was spinning constantly and now installed in bike i cant hear it working so is it meant to be working constantly.

Problem 3:

Whilst it was all turned on on its stand the steering servo and the motor were spontaniously twitching or working with out me touching anything.

Any help with above would be much appreciated as im desperate to use the bloody thing..
1. You need to calibrate it I guess, so you set the "full throttle" and "full brake". It's done exactly as is described in the book.

2. Make sure nothing is in the way of the fan's blades? Maybe some cable? Maybe its case is distorted?
Make sure it's plugged in its socket correctly...

3. Try the ESC with no servo plugged on the receiver. Maybe your servo is doing you tricks... It happened to me once. Also, check tha the servo's plug cables are correct: Black/red/white and in the same order as the ESC small cables?

Also, temporarily plug the ESC on CH1 (the steering, normally) and check that it works with the steering of your transmitter.
Another receiver maybe?
re-bind the receiver if it's 2.4?
May 15, 2010, 08:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
Anderson comes with the wheel spindle behind the forks.
I double checked on different Anderson sellers on the net, on the Anderson M5 pictures the front wheel axle is in front of the fork. May be "in the box" it's different ? Could someone confirm that and do you have experience with both positions ?
May 15, 2010, 12:34 PM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh
1. You need to calibrate it I guess, so you set the "full throttle" and "full brake". It's done exactly as is described in the book.

2. Make sure nothing is in the way of the fan's blades? Maybe some cable? Maybe its case is distorted?
Make sure it's plugged in its socket correctly...

3. Try the ESC with no servo plugged on the receiver. Maybe your servo is doing you tricks... It happened to me once. Also, check tha the servo's plug cables are correct: Black/red/white and in the same order as the ESC small cables?

Also, temporarily plug the ESC on CH1 (the steering, normally) and check that it works with the steering of your transmitter.
Another receiver maybe?
re-bind the receiver if it's 2.4?
Ok checked it over this morning and reason fan had stop was as u said i had a cable wedged under it, released it and now ok.
Interference wasnt as bad today so tried it outside but the bike was surging and not getting much speed, rand a few model shops but no one was willing to help as i didnt purchase esc combo from them, almost ready to chuck the lot in bin but remembered there was a local rc club/track bout 5 miles away so popped along and there was a big meet on and luckily they were all running brushless. First bloke i spoke to said bring it over and he'll have a look, he managed to calibrate controler but was miffed on why it was surging but then when we plugged program card in he took the punch setting down from 9 to 5 and left rest at 1 and bingo....bike was responsive and no surging....at last i can use the bloody thing....only one small problem, the steering servo is crap and when i give full lock left or right a horrible clicking noise comes from servo.
Shall i just upgrade servo and will this solve the problem, if so can anyone send me link of a half decent one thats not too expensive...


Sorry for the essay....lol

Big thanks to the lad that helped me at track.
May 15, 2010, 03:00 PM
Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Z Turbo
I double checked on different Anderson sellers on the net, on the Anderson M5 pictures the front wheel axle is in front of the fork. May be "in the box" it's different ? Could someone confirm that and do you have experience with both positions ?
It doesn't really matter. You can switch it to either side.

Bruce
May 15, 2010, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb
It doesn't really matter. You can switch it to either side.

Bruce
Hi Bruce. So nice a shop you have and the only one of its kind (yes I'm a customer !!!).
I DID find a difference. In tight low speed turns I found that in the front (supposed Anderson position) position the bike was falling during the turn whereas with the rear duratrax-like position you keep the bike lateral bumper at 1mm from the road with ease.
May 16, 2010, 08:51 AM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
Name: DSC03465.jpg
Views: 276
Size: 78.0 KB
Description:
Finally up and running....
May 16, 2010, 11:29 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by peco74
Attachment 3245232
Finally up and running....
Excellent!!!!!!
May 17, 2010, 08:27 AM
Registered User

New Owners


Hi All

My mate and I have just bought the unpainted version. Added the Mtronics G2 bike brushless bike setup (6000kv). Brilliant fun. The esc is excellent with many tuning options to get things just right. One thing I have learnt pretty quickly - don,t get threadlock on lexan! Damn stuff just melts. Oh well, didn't really like the fork protectors anyway - lol!

Glad to join you all - the info in this thread is most helpful.

AndyB
May 18, 2010, 11:58 AM
Registered User
Dez82's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBra
Hi All

Glad to join you all - the info in this thread is most helpful.

AndyB
Hi Andy, well there are quite a few of us that have M5 bikes in the UK so you should be able to find someone to play with pretty easily!
May 20, 2010, 07:47 AM
Registered User

Newby to M5 question:


Hi All

As above my mate and I bought M5's - 1 each and are having a great time with them. With the brushless setup we are trying to make strong enough wheely bars at the minute - lol!! Yes , I have seen some of the earlier designs in this thread

The question is: Has anyone found a decent replacement for the biggest issue with the bike - i.e. The flippin' rider. The bikes are brilliant but those lexan riders are awful. There must be lightweight alternatives that can be tweeked?
May 20, 2010, 01:35 PM
Registered User
i picked up a Ricky Rider for my DX450 (M5). size wise hes good. a bit heavy, but overall size fit is great. plus Ricky is pretty durable.
there area few options. the new VMX rider may work pretty good as well when its ready.
ya the stock rider isnt the best looking or most durable. i think ive blown dish soap bubbles that were more durable than the M5/DX450 rider is.
May 21, 2010, 07:44 AM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
I need to replace the steering servo on my M5 as servo clicking on full lock so guess they are stripped, looking on ebay there are some high torque metal geared ones for bot a tenner, are they crap or will they be sufficient?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15kg-METAL-GEA...item335c9218e4

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

also how can i restrict the steering on my standard controller to stop the clicking at full steer?
May 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
Registered User
those tower pro servos arnt to bad. you may want to check www.Hobbyking.com

they distribute the Tower Pro servos. and you may be able to get it directly from them for less.


Thread Tools