This thread is privately moderated by crxmanpat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 05, 2009, 05:02 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
Mike,

I don't think there is a general rule about wingspan to length. The best thing to do is just experiment on your own, maybe make a scaled down version as a "chuck gliger" to test stability.

Jon,

See the attached pic. But instead of an E/Z Link, visualize that it has an E/Z Connector on the elevator control horn. On the F-22 I had done it this way first, but then later on I changed to the method I described above.

Pat
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2009, 02:53 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
Update on motor sources. I have found www.rctimer.com.

Pat
Last edited by crxmanpat; Apr 23, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Sep 17, 2009, 03:56 PM
Minister of R/C
crxmanpat...You don't have any video posted. Is that EJF as in Electric Jet Factory? If so, is the EJF Sport Jet 70mm any good? Or should I get me a Sapac T-45 Hawk?

I have a HET6904 w/Don's BI-3600 looking for a home. I really want an A-7 Corsair for it.

BTW: I start cutting foam tomorrow.
Sep 17, 2009, 04:19 PM
Registered Foam Addict
I asked for sticky to be put on this thread ! The information is just too good. Great job

Best Regards,
Calvin
Sep 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliTB
crxmanpat...You don't have any video posted. Is that EJF as in Electric Jet Factory? If so, is the EJF Sport Jet 70mm any good? Or should I get me a Sapac T-45 Hawk?

I have a HET6904 w/Don's BI-3600 looking for a home. I really want an A-7 Corsair for it.

BTW: I start cutting foam tomorrow.
Yeah, I still need to go back and add some pics and video of my techniques.

Yes, EJF is Electric Jet Factory. The SportJet 70 is a very good model. The Hawk is good as well, but I've never been a Hawk fan (no pun intended!).

Pat
Last edited by crxmanpat; Apr 23, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Sep 18, 2009, 09:10 AM
Minister of R/C
Can the Sport Jet 70 be hand launched? I fly off grass at my local flying field.
Sep 18, 2009, 09:35 AM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
How tall is the grass? The LG on the Sport Jet is pretty rugged.

Pat
Sep 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
Minister of R/C
The grass can be anywhere from 2" to 4" depending on if the guy cuts and cuts it right. Most days is about 3"
Sep 24, 2009, 12:53 AM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
I've finally gone back and added pics to some of the posts to help better illustrate what I describe in the text. I've also added and updated a little information in the posts.

Pat
Sep 24, 2009, 08:57 PM
If it flies, its cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Update on motor sources. I have found out that there is an eBay store out of China that is selling the 2212-06/30A ESC combo package for as low as $22 with free shipping!

Go to eBay and search the term "2212-06" and look for entries by "RC Hobbies" or "New RC Hobbies". There are a lot of Buy It Now auctions as low as the $22 price. I'm sure this is direct from the Suppo factory that makes these motors.

Pat
searched and found zilch
Sep 25, 2009, 12:27 AM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
Sorry, take out the zero and try "2212-6". Just tried and it works. I've updated the prior post.

Pat
Sep 25, 2009, 12:35 AM
boerie roll
Great thread Pat.

Will you please write something about how you do your hatches and also what control throws you use for maiden flights. Most of these designs leave that up to the builder.

Marcel
Dec 31, 2009, 12:35 PM
How are you guys mounting your lipos? Do you guys just use velcro? I think i've been using way to much industrial strengh velcro. I put the velcro on the full lenght of the lipo which i feel is probably not necessary. I also use the velcro cable ties as well sometimes.

Dec 31, 2009, 01:19 PM
Minister of R/C
I use the Velcro pictured in the box.
Dec 31, 2009, 05:11 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
I too use the sticky back velcro, but I don't bother with the big heavy (and expensive!) industrial strength stuff. Just the normal velcro works fine and sticks good to foam. But it's best to apply it to bare unpainted foam. If you want to keep from getting paint on the velcro during the painting process, then just take a piece of blue painters tape and cover it.

Pat

Quick Reply