Nov 23, 2016, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares2180
Yes, located in Brooklyn, used to be an old construction dumping ground......converted to soccer fields in the front.......whole back fields is gated exclusive for my rc club. Not many rc fields out here.
Sounds like an awesome set up!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2016, 09:49 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
We are giving away one of our custom X-Treme prop savers with every plane order though Monday.

Make sure you select a motor shaft size when ordering.

Take a look http://www.crashtesthobby.com/

http://www.crashtesthobby.com/prop-a...rop-saver.html
Nov 27, 2016, 02:34 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Some CTH Freestyle

Freestylin' a Race Wing in a Quad Park (3 min 7 sec)
Nov 27, 2016, 03:06 PM
Lead On, O King
Love it!
Nov 27, 2016, 06:31 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87
You are getting pretty good at that. Fun video.
Nov 28, 2016, 06:32 AM

Ground and FPV footage of 2 Vertigos

These are the initial flights
Crash Test Hobby Vertigos (12 min 6 sec)
Nov 28, 2016, 06:35 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightnav
These are the initial flights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agylaC8rO3Q
Great video. We hope to see more videos as your club gets more of your Vertigos in the air. Thanks for posting. I linked it on our Vertigo page.

Which motor battery and ESC are you using?

Which FPV system and goggles are you using?

Thanks

Lee
Nov 28, 2016, 11:52 AM

The Green?Yellow/Blue Specs

Specs on the Green/Yellow/Blue one:
Motor: Turnigy D2826/6 2200kv
Prop: 6X4.5
ESC: Turnigy 40
Battery: Zippy Compact 2700mah, 35C
Receiver: FRSky D4R-II
Servoes: Hextronik MG14
FPC Camera: Foxeer XAT600M Sony IR Block, 2.8mm lens
All Up Weight: 25oz
WOT current: 27amps

Video Xmt: SBA 600MW 5.8Ghz
Antenna: VAS Airscrew Race Spec
Goggles: Quanum V2 Pro
Video Rec: ImmersionRC DUO5800 v4
Flight Control Tx: Frsky Taranus Plus
Dec 02, 2016, 10:47 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
How do you like your Quanum V2s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightnav
Specs on the Green/Yellow/Blue one:
Motor: Turnigy D2826/6 2200kv
Prop: 6X4.5
ESC: Turnigy 40
Battery: Zippy Compact 2700mah, 35C
Receiver: FRSky D4R-II
Servoes: Hextronik MG14
FPC Camera: Foxeer XAT600M Sony IR Block, 2.8mm lens
All Up Weight: 25oz
WOT current: 27amps

Video Xmt: SBA 600MW 5.8Ghz
Antenna: VAS Airscrew Race Spec
Goggles: Quanum V2 Pro
Video Rec: ImmersionRC DUO5800 v4
Flight Control Tx: Frsky Taranus Plus
Dec 03, 2016, 10:32 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Join the fun

We are starting to collect video for another crashtesthobby.com video showing the durability and fun of the Assassin and our other CTH planes. We would like your clips too.

If you have video of crash and fly already or want to shoot some video of insane "LEGAL" flight an Assassin we want your videos.

The Assassin is still one of my favorite flyers. I have flown my Assassins with a bomb drops, LEDs at night, combat, combat and combat, I love to fly limbo with it. I have hit trees, other planes, brick walls, mountains and even myself a couple of times. I have flown it in parks, on mountain slopes and from the tops of mountains. I have put big motors on it and small motors on it. I have hit a brick wall with one at least 15 times and the plane is still flying great.

If you want to have some input into this video we would appreciate it. Please don't send long videos of planes flying in the sky. Please send edit to clips that show action, collisions and fun. We even want your FPV videos with CTH planes showing the strange and usual clips you have collected.

Please include general location of where the video was shot and your name for recognition on the video.

Take a look through your old videos and find clips that you think others would enjoy. Shoot new videos to show wild and crazy things you can do.

Maybe we should make this a contest for the best clips. What do you think?

Just a reminder that if you buy 5 get one free you get EPP Assassin kits for less than $42 each including laminate. There is no other plane available that can protect your batteries, radio and FPV gear more, especially at this price including laminate.

Lee
Last edited by Lee; Dec 03, 2016 at 11:06 AM.
Dec 04, 2016, 04:44 PM

Quanum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
How do you like your Quanum V2s?
For me they are the best low cost choice. I started with the original Fat Shark goggles but they would fog up no matter what I tried. I were bifocals but don't need them with the V2. The lens adjusts to give me a good view.
Dec 08, 2016, 11:14 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
We just finished a major Christmas production run and have a few blem kits if you are interested. The blems are cosmetic abnormalities and won't affect the flight of the plane. In most cases the imperfection won't be visible after lamination.

These tend to sell fast so don't wait too long.

http://www.crashtesthobby.com/discounts.html
Dec 08, 2016, 05:14 PM
Lead On, O King
Lee,

I know we usually build CTH wings with the elevons hinged on the top surface of the wing. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to putting the extreme tape hinge line on the bottom of the wing?

Thanks, Justin
Dec 08, 2016, 07:02 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
We tested it both ways. We couldn't see much difference in the way it flew but it looked better hinged on the top plus it is easier to install the horns with the elevons hinged on the top.
Dec 11, 2016, 09:17 PM
Duck and Cover

Really nice!

I have been flying FPV Quads for a while now and I thought I would try out a little Wing FPV action. I put my Tek Sumo up with some borrowed quad FPV gear on it and man it was a hoot. I had this Assassin still in the box because I never got around to building it. ... out it came.

I have got to say, I was surprised how well it flew. A couple of guys in our club have Assassins and they throw them around on 3S for combat every now and then and while undeniably tough they were kinda flopping around in the air. With 4S, this bird wakes up and flies nice and straight. I now am going to move the Tek Sumo gear to it and see how she handles FPV. Looking forward to it. Got my eye on the Vertigo as it has a little more room for gear.

Quick Reply