Thread Tools
Dec 20, 2013, 05:47 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Thread OP
There are a couple of countries that don't have the Extreme tape but do have the reinforced tape with fibers in only one direction. In most cases the single direction reinforced tape will work with the exception of the hinge line where the fibers don't cross the line but run parallel to it. On the hinge line I have heard of people cutting small 1" strips of the single direction reinforced tape and putting them across the hinge line and both ends and several places along the line. This works enough to get by and still have a strong plane but it is a lot more work.

Scotch Extreme tape is only one brand of the bidirectional reinforced tape. Here is another:

http://www.findtape.com/product328/J...x?SSAID=389818

Lately our Rite Aid pharmacy has had the E-Tape in their shipping supplies and Office Depot has also had it in stock.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2013, 07:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
There are a couple of countries that don't have the Extreme tape but do have the reinforced tape with fibers in only one direction. In most cases the single direction reinforced tape will work with the exception of the hinge line where the fibers don't cross the line but run parallel to it. On the hinge line I have heard of people cutting small 1" strips of the single direction reinforced tape and putting them across the hinge line and both ends and several places along the line. This works enough to get by and still have a strong plane but it is a lot more work.

Scotch Extreme tape is only one brand of the bidirectional reinforced tape. Here is another:

http://www.findtape.com/product328/J...x?SSAID=389818

Lately our Rite Aid pharmacy has had the E-Tape in their shipping supplies and Office Depot has also had it in stock.
You can also use a strip of DryWall joining tape along the hinge line under the top layer of laminate ~~strong and saves weight~~~~~~H
Dec 20, 2013, 07:42 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
nightfox7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmowrey View Post
Do you have a Home Depot around? My local Home Depot carries the Scotch Extreme tape.
Grabbed some there today! $8 and some change
Dec 21, 2013, 07:44 PM
Ground Pounder
Gharddog03's Avatar
First CTH build on my ealry Xmas gift from
my wife. Love this workbench. Lee has done an outstanding job with this wing. Can't wait to start the Grim Reaper.


Last edited by Gharddog03; Dec 21, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Dec 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
Registered User
1fullbird's Avatar
Are you going to put winglets on? I built my Assassin without the winglets so they wouldn't get knocked off if I flew combat. My buddy built his with winglets.
The only time we can tell a difference is when you fly really slow--without the winglets it gets a little more tail wag. Your gonna luv it!
Dec 21, 2013, 08:42 PM
Ground Pounder
Gharddog03's Avatar
Yes, tomorrow morning. Can't wait for maiden.
Dec 21, 2013, 08:55 PM
Registered User
1fullbird's Avatar
If the CG is good it won't take a lot of trimming--and then the fun begins.
Dec 21, 2013, 09:38 PM
Ground Pounder
Gharddog03's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fullbird View Post
If the CG is good it won't take a lot of trimming--and then the fun begins.
Just a tad noise heavy.
Dec 21, 2013, 10:52 PM
Registered User
mdmowrey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
Grabbed some there today! $8 and some change
Cool
Dec 22, 2013, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Just my opinion but I see no downfall in putting the winglets on. I like the look and the little bit of extra stability it gives. If you put them on following the instructions they are extremely strong (extreme tape/goop). On my wing that has them they have taken some hard hits both from combat hits and from other objects on hard unplanned landings and no damage at all. Either way its a blast on the assassin.
Dec 22, 2013, 05:00 PM
Ground Pounder
Gharddog03's Avatar
Winglets on.
Dec 22, 2013, 07:09 PM
Belt fed Tape and CA dispenser
GVFD29's Avatar
I sport "special" decals on mine.....Nothing portrays maximum humiliation like getting taken down by Hello Kitty....Just saying.
Dec 22, 2013, 08:34 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
Flew mine today with a new Powerup 400 Zoom and 6x4 APC. The 370 is definitely faster.
Dec 22, 2013, 08:36 PM
Ground Pounder
Gharddog03's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Flew mine today with a new Powerup 400 Zoom and 6x4 APC. The 370 is definitely faster.
Really? Esc? Battery?

Today was maiden. This wing is smooth. Running turnigy 2826-6/30plush/2200 3s/tp90mg. Throws are insane had to dumb it down.

http://vimeo.com/m/82522665
Last edited by Gharddog03; Dec 22, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Dec 22, 2013, 09:32 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
nightfox7's Avatar
Looking good Gharddog03!

Now, for an opinion! I'm trying to find a logo to put under the laminate on my Assassin once I start on it. I like foxes.. Here's what I've found so far that I think would be cool :


Or the classic starfox logo:


Any input?? I'm no artist, so i'm looking for something simple! Most likely I will spray the black outlines and do the rest with sharpies..


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Qjet Flamingo & Butterfly: A plane no one has!! romans1015 Parkflyers 3 Sep 04, 2016 05:47 PM
WALLY WING...no fins...flies great!!! gpw Foamies (Kits) 32 Aug 31, 2016 08:21 AM
Qjet Flamingo & Butterfly: A plane no one has!! romans1015 Parkflyers 6 Jan 29, 2004 05:05 PM
Noob concept plane Mikey C. Foamies (Kits) 5 Nov 11, 2003 02:05 PM
It's a boat...It's a plane...no! It's flightship! MrBungle Electric Plane Talk 24 Jun 26, 2001 01:55 AM