*** ASSASSIN vs WIDOWMAKER - Toughest plane on the planet!*** - Page 429 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 30, 2012, 10:46 PM
BUZZ KILL
Dan,
Make sure you post some videos here from your FPV WidowMaker if you decide to get one. I love the idea of a small light weight fpv platform and if it works for you, maybe I'll try one.
Ryan
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2012, 08:57 AM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
I already have done a small FPV setup with the PopWing - check my blog, lots of videos from FPV footage and LOS too!

And, don't worry, I'll make tons of videos on the WidowMaker if I get it!

Dan
Dec 01, 2012, 11:23 AM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Here, this is basically what I'm planning to do with the WidowMaker if I get it, except with different gear and maybe testing some more components.

Enjoy!

https://sites.google.com/site/djopro.../thefpvproject

Dan
Dec 01, 2012, 01:14 PM
I just received a widowmaker with the intention of FPV. I had considered the popwing, but after shipping cost the widowmaker seems like a higher quality wing for only 10 bucks more.

My plans are a rewound LRK 10 turn 23awg CF2822 spinning an APC 8x6 on 3s. Ill use HK 5.8tx with KKv2 for stabilization. I want something fun for a couple acre field near me with trees as pylons.
Dec 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
BUZZ KILL
Hey Nick,
Do you have a KKv2 and have you played with the fixed wing stabilization? I hooked one up and can't get it to work on an airplane.
Dec 02, 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC
Hey Nick,
Do you have a KKv2 and have you played with the fixed wing stabilization? I hooked one up and can't get it to work on an airplane.
Not Nick, but which firmware are you using? The original KK2 or HappySunday's OpenAero2?
I have an Assassin that I've setup with the KK2 and OpenAero2, Everything's working but haven't had a chance to fly it yet. We get Winter here, been running -10C to -15C for most of November and now it's December!
Bill
Dec 02, 2012, 07:06 PM
How do u guys have it installed? Ive got a kk2.0 sitting since i have cc3d's in my quads. Maybe worth a try on my night assasin
Dec 02, 2012, 07:21 PM
BUZZ KILL
I tired the kk2 firmware. There must be a trick to it because I can't get it to work.
Dec 02, 2012, 08:02 PM
I have yet to install or test the kkv2, but I plan on using openaero firmware.
Dec 02, 2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC
I tired the kk2 firmware. There must be a trick to it because I can't get it to work.
The KK2 firmware is setup for multicopter use and has some mixing to setup for a wing.
OpenAero2 is built for planes from the start. The thing that stumped me for a bit was that you need to do the mixing for elevons in the transmitter and the rest works well.
Dec 02, 2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000
How do u guys have it installed? Ive got a kk2.0 sitting since i have cc3d's in my quads. Maybe worth a try on my night assasin
I've got mine mounted in front of the motor with a wedge of foam to keep it level and then 4 nylon 3 mm bolts down through the formica motormount under the wing.

Bill
Dec 03, 2012, 05:11 PM
I need to add new Laminate to my Assassin. I know its on here some but i can't find it. What is the stuff called that will help the Laminate stick on better?
Dec 03, 2012, 05:38 PM
Planes in flames,,,
3M Spray Adhesive M77

But the lam sticks fine on it's own if you set the iron correctly.
Dec 03, 2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja
3M Spray Adhesive M77

But the lam sticks fine on it's own if you set the iron correctly.
Thanks. I have colored laminate now and its not sticking to good.
Dec 04, 2012, 08:15 PM

Aaaahhh!!

This assassin is more frustrating than any of my helis yet it's far less complicated. I cant for the life of me get it flying. Just broke another prop.