Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 01, 2012, 12:15 AM
Registered User
Went out flying in a good amount of wind today and making high speed passes when one of the horns disconnected. The half round stopper came of and I lost control and crashed. Just a little tear. Fixed her up and decide to switch the power plant. I went with a 2826 2200 kv from turnigy. Bench test show with a 7x3 prop on 3s to pull 402w at 42a and 6x4 gives 298w at 28a.

I will test her later today. Anyone know what kind of speed I should expect from this set up. Using hobbyking 40 esc.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2012, 08:35 AM
McSkies's Avatar
Just ordered an Assassin for low and fast FPV use.
Sep 01, 2012, 09:08 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaynex
Went out flying in a good amount of wind today and making high speed passes when one of the horns disconnected. The half round stopper came of and I lost control and crashed. Just a little tear. Fixed her up and decide to switch the power plant. I went with a 2826 2200 kv from turnigy. Bench test show with a 7x3 prop on 3s to pull 402w at 42a and 6x4 gives 298w at 28a.

I will test her later today. Anyone know what kind of speed I should expect from this set up. Using hobbyking 40 esc.
Drink lots of caffeine before you fly. You may hear a sonic boom!!!!

Make sure you have a video camera on.

We have planes in 48 states. We can't figure out what is wrong with Rhode Island and Delaware. Where are your orders guys? Do people there not have fun?
Sep 01, 2012, 01:11 PM
McSkies's Avatar
Working on a Saturday Lee? Just got my tracking number... haha thanks!
Sep 01, 2012, 01:37 PM
Registered User
hobie14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaynex
Went out flying in a good amount of wind today and making high speed passes when one of the horns disconnected. The half round stopper came of and I lost control and crashed. Just a little tear. Fixed her up and decide to switch the power plant. I went with a 2826 2200 kv from turnigy. Bench test show with a 7x3 prop on 3s to pull 402w at 42a and 6x4 gives 298w at 28a.

I will test her later today. Anyone know what kind of speed I should expect from this set up. Using hobbyking 40 esc.
looking forward to hearing how you get on with that motor ..... I have it on a couple of Depron Delta wings and they go like the proverbial $$$$$$$$$ .....

I was thinking I might convert one of my Assassins from the existing 2812 red motor to the 2826 2200kv motor ........
Sep 01, 2012, 04:19 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11
Working on a Saturday Lee? Just got my tracking number... haha thanks!
Sorry it took so long. :-D. Most orders are shipped next working day.
Sep 01, 2012, 08:14 PM
Registered User
Lee I have family out in both states. I have to bring my wings down and get the interest started. I am working on the video. I will maiden her Sunday. If this is to fast I will go with the l2210 1650 250w motor.
Sep 03, 2012, 07:02 PM
Registered User
KC Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio
Friends,

What´s the better final weight for the Assassin go unlimited vertical?
Best is to not worry about weight much and rewind your red motor with 8 or 9 winds of MicroDan 24 ga wire. You won't ever go back to a stock motor.
Sep 03, 2012, 07:56 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Luis_Claudio's Avatar


I already rewing a micro motor one time ago. And learn to do it with a micro motor
was the best I could do, because it was so difficult, but one time i did worked

The cf 28-12 will be much more faster and powerfull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Flyer
Best is to not worry about weight much and rewind your red motor with 8 or 9 winds of MicroDan 24 ga wire. You won't ever go back to a stock motor.
Sep 03, 2012, 08:13 PM
Chess club geek with wings
blunight's Avatar
Got a motor question....I purchased the recomended motor from Value Hobby and just mounted it - the shaft looks like it could be easily bent due to it's long length.

Are you guys cutting down the stock shaft or do I have something messed up?
Sep 03, 2012, 09:22 PM
Registered User
East Bay Boys tearing up the sky again at our flying field on the Monday Holiday flying session
Dave and Jim Duelling with the Assassin Wings until Jim Crashes coming in for a landing and Dave debates on whether to call no joy and decides to take a "Victory Lap".

Duelling Assasin Wings with Daves Victory Lap 09 03 2012 (3 min 37 sec)
Sep 03, 2012, 10:53 PM
Registered User
KC Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio


I already rewing a micro motor one time ago. And learn to do it with a micro motor
was the best I could do, because it was so difficult, but one time i did worked

The cf 28-12 will be much more faster and powerfull?
Many of us have been flying these rewound motors for over a year with hundreds of flights and no problems. The only thing I do is clean and reoil bearings every 50-100 flights (original bearings are still holding up). Whatever you do, avoid low temp wire like Radio Shack has. I recommend 24 ga MicroDan wire and their Scorpion Lube (if you're already ordering from MD)

I built a test stand to measure rpm, thrust and watts (see below)
Last edited by KC Flyer; Sep 03, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
Sep 03, 2012, 11:05 PM
Registered User
KC Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunight
Got a motor question....I purchased the recomended motor from Value Hobby and just mounted it - the shaft looks like it could be easily bent due to it's long length.

Are you guys cutting down the stock shaft or do I have something messed up?
That prop and adapter don't look like what most of us use (HK-7x6e APC clone) with a 3mm prop saver slid down most of the way.

I measured the shaft (FC2812) and it sticks out ~17mm from bell.
Sep 04, 2012, 12:16 AM
AMA 937634
Stone1295's Avatar
This is similar to what I'd guess most of us are using.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_3_bands.html

Or here in the US.

http://www.planeinsanerc.com/index.php?PageID=106 (top left)

-Mike
Sep 04, 2012, 12:24 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
This is all I am using on most of my motors.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mm_10pcs_.html

I will occasionally will break a bolt trying to tighten them but they hold as good as the more expensive ones I have bought.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Qjet Flamingo & Butterfly: A plane no one has!! romans1015 Parkflyers 3 Sep 04, 2016 05:47 PM
WALLY WING...no fins...flies great!!! gpw Foamies (Kits) 32 Aug 31, 2016 08:21 AM
Qjet Flamingo & Butterfly: A plane no one has!! romans1015 Parkflyers 6 Jan 29, 2004 04:05 PM
Noob concept plane Mikey C. Foamies (Kits) 5 Nov 11, 2003 01:05 PM
It's a boat...It's a plane...no! It's flightship! MrBungle Electric Plane Talk 24 Jun 26, 2001 01:55 AM