Nov 08, 2010, 01:06 PM
It's $13 a roll for that tape in Staples on the east coast.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2010, 01:28 PM
"Still Crashing since 1960"
I just paid 13.57 per roll (50m) and had to buy 6 rolls to get it for that!

nut
Nov 08, 2010, 06:33 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Some rolls are 21 yards and some are 55 yards.
Nov 10, 2010, 06:59 PM
Chewytm, Lee, Telemachus, Cliffo, and all the usual suspects-- Thank You.

Chewy recommended that I try a scratch built foamie trainer as a starter, and at first I dismissed that idea. Then I built one and have been flying it as much as possible for the last 2 weeks.

Yesterday, my friend launched my assassin, then handed me the radio. It went awesome. It was so much fun, my heart was pounding and I could'nt wipe the smile off my face.! I landed it lauched it myself several more times and am slowly building up confidence and skills every chance I get.

And Lee for the record. I posted a video of this same friend flying my assassin a while back and I left the audio un-cut. If you listen close, you can hear him say that its "inherently unstable." Context is that it was a 12-15 mph blow, and his first assassin experience. He flew it last night in 0 wind, and completely changed his mind. He used words like docile flyer and very controllable at low speeds, and a blast at high speeds. He really liked it.

Thanks for a great product. Can't wait for Christmas so the kids can buy me a Titan.!

Pat Wheeler.
Last edited by wheelspinner20; Nov 10, 2010 at 07:44 PM.
Nov 10, 2010, 07:51 PM
KK4NOP
Lee,

Do you still have a web site? The link on the front page doesn't seem to work for me.
Nov 10, 2010, 08:12 PM
http://www.crashtesthobby.com/
Nov 12, 2010, 07:26 PM
KK4NOP
Checked out the site and I'm very interested in building a few of these while on deployment in Japan.

That being said I doubt I'll have access to some of the materials needed to build it right. Is there a place that sells everything needed like the tape and shock cord willing to ship to a FPO address?

Also, I think I'm going to buy a kit for my son (11) to be his first build while I'm gone. He's got a Superfly and loves it.
Nov 12, 2010, 08:53 PM
Ok, after the (friendly) heckling I took in this thread for calling my son's Assassin totalled (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1650), I finally got around to attempting a ressurection.

SUCCESS! I used a combination of your suggestions -- white gorilla glue, tape to contain the expansion, recovering, replacing the shock cord, reenforcement with extreme tape. It's all done and ready to fly. I'm sure I put a fair amount of weight in it even though I tried to keep it light. We'll fly it tomorrow.

In the pictures it looks a little loose and rough, but the covering is actually tight and pretty smooth (for a plane that has seen dozens of impacts with the turf )
Nov 12, 2010, 09:05 PM
swede
That looks just fine. Great job.
Nov 13, 2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejk
Ok, after the (friendly) heckling I took in this thread for calling my son's Assassin totalled (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1650), I finally got around to attempting a ressurection.

SUCCESS! I used a combination of your suggestions -- white gorilla glue, tape to contain the expansion, recovering, replacing the shock cord, reenforcement with extreme tape. It's all done and ready to fly. I'm sure I put a fair amount of weight in it even though I tried to keep it light. We'll fly it tomorrow.

In the pictures it looks a little loose and rough, but the covering is actually tight and pretty smooth (for a plane that has seen dozens of impacts with the turf )
Excellent .....

As they say ...... "The old dog for the long road and the pup for the puddle " ....

(I'm talking about the plane! ..... )
Nov 13, 2010, 03:57 PM
Got mine built, motor should come in either today or on Monday, I'll be flying then.
Nov 13, 2010, 04:03 PM
Name: Assassin Top.jpg
Views: 193
Size: 37.5 KB
Description:

Name: Assassin Bottom.jpg
Views: 121
Size: 40.0 KB
Description:
Nov 13, 2010, 05:28 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Bear
Looks great. Let us know how it flies.

Lee
Nov 14, 2010, 02:11 AM
Heli Humbled Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Checked out the site and I'm very interested in building a few of these while on deployment in Japan.

That being said I doubt I'll have access to some of the materials needed to build it right. Is there a place that sells everything needed like the tape and shock cord willing to ship to a FPO address?

Also, I think I'm going to buy a kit for my son (11) to be his first build while I'm gone. He's got a Superfly and loves it.
Happy (belated) Veteran's day, and thanks for your service.

I should just build one for you and send it off. Open and FLY!

Yes, I look for any excuse to build one of these babies.
Nov 14, 2010, 05:24 PM

FPV Assassin? Sure, why not!

A couple of weeks ago, I was staring at my spare Assassin, spare video TX, spare Spektrum 6200, spare compact camera and spare VTX antenna and thought.... hmm...

So this afternoon I finally got around to building it out. I fitted the components on before but the weight balance wasn't right and the video system interfered with the cheapie spare RC RX I had in the plane.

I'll take it out later in the week. This is obviously for short-range-crazy-acrobatic-slalom-the-trees FPV, not long-range-gps-autopilot-pan-tilt FPV.

Until then, here are some pics.
Last edited by andrejk; Nov 14, 2010 at 05:53 PM.