Aug 30, 2012, 06:29 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
You can use Plumbers Goop, Household Goop or Shoe Goo too.

(kinda sounds like Dr Seus)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2012, 07:09 AM

The Clay Matthews Assassin

Seeing that the football season is about to start I thought I would style my latest Assassin after my favorite linebacker. Like the Assassin, Clay is indestructible, fast, agile, and has a motor that never quits.
Aug 30, 2012, 11:39 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Amazing wing theme!

But you installed wrongly the horns in the ailerons. You have to install it near the wing, in the edge. Take a look at the first page, in the Lee first steps and youŽll see.
At this way it wont work properly.

Regards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCred
Seeing that the football season is about to start I thought I would style my latest Assassin after my favorite linebacker. Like the Assassin, Clay is indestructible, fast, agile, and has a motor that never quits.
Aug 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
p.s.: I like the scooby doo also!
Aug 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
Friends,

WhatŽs the better final weight for the Assassin go unlimited vertical?
Aug 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio
Amazing wing theme!

But you installed wrongly the horns in the ailerons. You have to install it near the wing, in the edge. Take a look at the first page, in the Lee first steps and youŽll see.

Regards!
It will fly just fine. He will have a smaller range of motion but it will be ok.
Aug 30, 2012, 02:42 PM

Good Dog!

Quote:
If you like on your next build, cut the mounting tabs off of the servos.
Looks good.
Go Raiders!
Last edited by Chico John; Aug 30, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Add Go Raiders!
Aug 30, 2012, 03:16 PM
wheeeeee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio
Amazing wing theme!

Regards!
As long as they're in solidly and there's the proper amount of movement (3/8" up and 3/8" down), then you'll be fine.
Aug 30, 2012, 04:44 PM
I've got plenty of throw in both directions. I wanted to put the horns a little further back than I did in my first wing. Took a nasty spill and actually tore the horn out of the aileron.

I'm hoping to get this baby up in the air this weekend. One thing I still need to add is a slot for my tiny camera. I got one of those thumb size video recorders from HobbyKing.
Aug 30, 2012, 05:12 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Quote:
I've got plenty of throw in both directions. I wanted to put the horns a little further back than I did in my first wing. Took a nasty spill and actually tore the horn out of the aileron.

I'm hoping to get this baby up in the air this weekend. One thing I still need to add is a slot for my tiny camera. I got one of those thumb size video recorders from HobbyKing.
Hi StreetCred, sweet build but I'd advise going with mg servos. Even if you are not flying combat, bumps to the elevons are very likely to strip the gears. These guys work out great on the Assassin.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_10sec.html

or these

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...vo-p-1405.html

same servo- works great!
Aug 30, 2012, 07:29 PM

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja
Hi StreetCred, sweet build but I'd advise going with mg servos. Even if you are not flying combat, bumps to the elevons are very likely to strip the gears. These guys work out great on the Assassin.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_10sec.html

or these

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...vo-p-1405.html

same servo- works great!
A hard nose-in and those big elevons will put a lot of stress on plastic geared servos, the inertia puts a lot of pressure through the control rods and kills them, I got mini metal gear servos for less that $8 each, after I ruined the plastic geared servos of course.
Aug 30, 2012, 09:04 PM
Here is my second Assassin! This time I made it with just two pieces of covering film on each side. I looks much more clean and resistent. The bidirecional filament tape is under, also the motor mount plywood, glued. Next step is install the eletronics. I enjoy so much building this projects! What do you think?
Aug 30, 2012, 10:39 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
Sweet! I wish it were mine, well done.

Blu
Aug 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
TM1
TM1
anybody used Tesa tape for the build ?
I have this tape. 2" wide.
http://www.tesatape.com/industry/pro...tesa_4579.html
Aug 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Looks to be the same as the extreme tape that can be found at Home Depot and other places.
We use generic bi-di fiberglass tape that works just as well as the Extreme tape. I'm sure the tape that you have linked works just as well. Look for the best deal.

Quick Reply