May 19, 2009, 11:50 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

6mm Profile Hawker Hunter

Pusher Prop – Hawker Hunter

I got myself a copy of the "Quiet & Electric flight international" (May 2009) and it came with a free plan for a 3mm depron profile EDF Hawker Hunter...

So I thought – ummmmmm – I happen to have several sheets of 6mm depron doing nothing and a Purple Peril Brushless motor –

So as I have been building pushers based on Franks plans - I thought let’s give it a go and build this Hawker Hunter – but in 6mm depron and make it a pusher........

So here goes....

First thing I did was photocopy the plan – Then cut out the main fuse of the Hunter – I noticed that that the way the plan was designed the wings were cut out and slotted into the main fuse and then the profile sides glued on under the wing .

I did not want to do it that way so I decided that I would cut out the main fuse – and then split it down the middle – thus making a top and bottom half, s the Fuse sides and wings would be one part. (See photos)

I’ll update this build log again as soon as I have done some more and taken pictures.

Martyn
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2009, 08:44 AM
Thread OP
To build the all moving tail plane

The original was for a 3mm depron model but I am building a 6mm depron model , so some small changes were necessary

I used lollypop sticks and not 1mm ply for all my wooden parts on the tail plane

Steps were

Cut out the Depron parts (left, right tail plane and centre section)

Make wooden parts (right (with control horn and left tail plane and right, left centre section

Drill holes in all parts for 3mm Carbon rod

Test fit all parts (no glue)

Finally glue it all together so that the right and left tail planes pivot freely.

DSCF0325 (0 min 24 sec)

All moving tail plane for the Hawker Hunter (0 min 45 sec)
Last edited by Binome; May 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
May 28, 2009, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
Here is the tail Plane fitted and in action...

Hawker Hunter - Elevator control Test - Under Servo Power (1 min 48 sec)
Jun 02, 2009, 05:28 AM
Thread OP
Today I decided to add the classic dog tooth to the wings leading edge, - and also made some Drop tanks for the hunter – these are a push fit and can be taken off for flight, if ok in flight I will glue them in place.

Motor mount made and test fitted to the airframe

Aileron horns fitted and servo location marked – on C/G line
Jun 19, 2009, 11:46 AM
Looks good Martyn, just like i would have done it! Looks good, should fly really well.

Frank
Jun 25, 2009, 02:32 AM
Thread OP
A few more pictures

Quick Reply