May 16, 2009, 10:17 PM
Nucking Futs
Thread OP
Discussion

5 Days And Counting Down!!!!!

7 Days 'till the PSS Fest!!

So in spite of my burnout on building I got down in to the shop to grind away at the P-40. I actually enjoyed myself today so it wasn't that bad.

The only other day that I have off is Monday so all other work will have to be performed under the cover of darkness in my single 75W bulb garage!

Got the fillets sanded on the wing and tail, shot some Kilz and put on a base coat of Model Master Sand Beige. There's tons more imperfections that I would usually take care of but since I'm not planning on having this bird live too long (watch, it'll outlast all of us!!). I still need to stuff her with gear and balance which is the part I hate the absolute worst!! She's coming in really light, probably the lightest PSS I'll have owned.

Even found time to put a subtle paint job on my clapped out Desy wing. I tried the water droplet technique outlined a couple months ago and failed miserably but the paintjob is staying regardless.

How's everyone elses projects coming along?

IRJ
Last edited by I'm Rick James; May 18, 2009 at 10:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2009, 10:26 PM
Suspended Account
Good to hear you've gotten out of the doldrums.
Last edited by willhaney; May 17, 2009 at 01:16 AM.
May 17, 2009, 01:15 AM
Jim in San Diego
Nice work Sean! Man I'm glad you finally got paint on that thing

Another quick sanding session and I should be putting paint on mine tomorrow.

Jim
May 17, 2009, 01:36 AM
just CHUCK it!
I don't think you should have painted the wing. Could have made a great conversational piece if there is no wind.

Dan. (who knows there will be wind)
May 18, 2009, 10:59 PM
Nucking Futs
Thread OP

5 days and counting

Got a pretty good chunk of work done today and even had time to hit the BMX track tonight.

Got the camo on the plane, fitted servo tray and installed gear, hinged elevator and ailerons and glassed in the wire for the hatch.

What's left? Clean up overspray, paint canopy, paint mouth and eyes, panel lines, insignias, balance and maiden.

Here's where I'm at right now.

IRJ
May 19, 2009, 12:35 AM
That friggin Laird Guy
You're nearly done, the Me-109 I'm working on still hasn't got it's final coat of primer yet. I'm trying to get it done for Fermin on Thursday. Even for me this one's gonna be a stretch......
May 19, 2009, 07:50 AM
I might have made it, if business hadnt called me out of town for 5 days last week.

All the parts are completed for the ISR u2 short kit I picked up,but it still needs paint,radio gear,etc.Trying to keep this one light(trying to bring her in at 70 ozs) has slowed the process,and that didnt help either.

Alan
May 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
Firecracker!
Bring it even if you don't get it done -- I'd love to see what one of these looks like!

Quick Reply