May 16, 2009, 12:23 AM
Thread OP
New Product

F I G U R E S & more OCT. SPECIAL 2009, Built Just for You...PRODUCT of USA.

...Simply put, Built Just For You does exactly that. I specialize in hard to find parts, this is the premise of my service. I build fittings you request and send you the mold along with one cast part. I am a fun spirited hobbyist who loves to build whatever.

My *$15 special comes out once a month, + $5 sh/hg. ...Otherwise, if it fits in the palm of your hand, $25 (part only). If master needs to be generated, $65 (includes mold & part). This is an outstanding value for buddies with like boats or if you need multiple same pieces. Molds do not include brass work and should not be considered museum quality, but rather, good quality.
*Part is not cleaned or trimmed in anyway. Part promotion is first come, first serve. Part Only - no mold.

Exclusive plugs can also be purchased. This would entitle you to all rights - resale, patents and so forth.

Please note; I am not limited to warships or military. All masters being molded are approved by you before mold is made. Customer must provide plans in scale desired.

Order At: [email protected]

Please enjoy samples of my work: Latest

Last edited by Rich S. - CV, CA; Oct 07, 2009 at 09:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2009, 01:17 AM
ADM. 48TH FLEET
good to see you back again rich........joe
May 16, 2009, 01:33 AM
Ya Keep at it rich
are you going to the run tomorrow
hey how about some 1/96 guys
Jcopter
May 16, 2009, 02:09 AM
ADM. 48TH FLEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcopter
Ya Keep at it rich
are you going to the run tomorrow
hey how about some 1/96 guys
Jcopter
i'd go but iv'e a client comming over to inspect a hull master i made for him......
May 16, 2009, 01:16 PM

Scanners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich S. - CV, CA
...Simply put, Built Just For You does exactly that. I specialize in hard to find parts, this is the premise of my service. I build fittings you request and send you the mold along with one cast part. I am a fun spirited hobbyist who loves to build whatever.

My *$15 special comes out once a month, + $5 sh/hg, otherwise, if it fits in the palm of your hand, $50; if master needs to be generated $65. This is an outstanding value for buddies with like boats or multiple same pieces. Molds do not include brass work and should not be considered museum quality, but rather, good quality.
*Part is not cleaned or trimmed in anyway. Part promotion is first come,first serve. Part Only - no mold.

Exclusive plugs can be purchased for $175. This would entitle you to all rights - resale, patents and so forth. This does not mean I will not fashion another master.

Please note; I am not limited to warships or military. All masters being molded are approved by you before mold is made. Customer must provide plans in scale desired.

Order At: [email protected]

Please enjoy samples of my work:
I'm designing a laser-cut deck for my next project,the Scale Shipyard 1/32 scale Type IX-C (last version) German WWII submarine.It will be made with carbon fiber laminated to titanium sheet in 50 ton press.Will need a full crew,deck guns and fittings.
May 16, 2009, 01:23 PM

1/32 Scale Type IX-C submarine

Here are some hull and deck images:
May 16, 2009, 01:29 PM

Guns

The G-13 and G-14 guns are 1/24 scale so they would reduce in scale very well with scanning.
May 17, 2009, 09:16 AM
Thread OP

Thanks gents...

jaguar75,

The model you mention sounds great, although, I don't believe I've seen it. I will be looking forward to the build.

Rich
May 17, 2009, 02:47 PM

RC Submarine

Quote:

jaguar75,

The model you mention sounds great, although, I don't believe I've seen it. I will be looking forward to the build.

Rich
The 1/32 scale Type IX-C Submarine is from www.scaleshipyard.com
http://scaleshipyard.com/Catalog%20P...es.html#SUB-26
Jun 01, 2009, 05:21 AM
Thread OP

New update above - post #1

Updated for the month of June.

Rich
Jun 01, 2009, 12:26 PM
I likey, although the self portrait is kind of spooky. Nice work Rich.
Jun 01, 2009, 06:22 PM
While I can see the forum police whining about the commercial posts on this board your stuff is so nice and specific just for scale ships that I personally don't have a problem with it and just admire the craftsmanship.
What is up with your Kongo? Noticed on you decking pic you used it.
Foo
Jun 14, 2009, 01:57 PM
Thread OP

Latest - Built Just for You...

Scuba Dive: I think the pose is what throws people off with the self portrait. I've been invited several times, with various customers of mine, on small craft airplane rides and I will not go. If I ever took anyone up on their offer, I'd look like that self portrait figure

fooman2008: Thanks so much. I'm glad you like the work. My FUSO is waiting for me to complete deck. Deck will be molded in silicone which will bring all detail out. I'm also saving up buck$; this is what's taking so long.

Folks,

I'm casting most parts in plastic now. The end result is a part that holds up a lot better with things like hands and fingers.

I can only answer to replies once a week, thanks for your patience.

Rich
Last edited by Rich S. - CV, CA; Jun 14, 2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: sp
Aug 18, 2009, 11:29 PM
Thread OP
Completing final orders and will re-open in January or so.

Rich S.
Aug 20, 2009, 09:02 AM
Quote:

Folks,

I'm casting most parts in plastic now. The end result is a part that holds up a lot better with things like hands and fingers.

I can only answer to replies once a week, thanks for your patience.

Rich

What is involved in casting in plastic, I can understand the resin but plastic?
Use heated melted plastic?
Can you show steps for this operation?

Quick Reply