Thread Tools
Sep 08, 2009, 08:58 AM
Father Francis, formerly Apach
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan
AH Yes, I have everything needed to build this awesome work of flying art now
Thanks for tiling the drawing Jack... WOW! 70+ pages
and Thanks again to Apache Pilot for sharing the design for the rest of us to build our own

Might as well put this download on the front page too that way they are all together


Got it covered....

Like jack said, you don't need to print all 70 pages, just select the pages containing parts.


Thakyou for considering a Divinity II as one of your builds.


ApachePilot
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2009, 09:22 AM
Registered User
meanbaby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Here you go Pete, the tiled version is attached.

I tiled that to 8" x 10" sheets to preclude any problems with unprintable margin areas on various printers causing any problems. There are quite a few blank pages in the 70 page file, you can save about 20 pieces of paper if you screen the file and only print the pages with parts on them.

Good luck with it, shout here if there is any problem with it.

Jack
You are the GREATEST Jack!!!!!

thank you very much, off to tape the plans!!!!

-pete
Sep 08, 2009, 10:29 AM
Storm Runner guy
Slider2732's Avatar
I just knew there was something about the Divinity II that was familiar...it's quite wonderful useage of the KFm foil leaps out to the eye doesn't it.
Art-deco, ah yes, and something else...the Chrysler building in New York !

Sep 08, 2009, 11:13 AM
Father Francis, formerly Apach
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider2732
I just knew there was something about the Divinity II that was familiar...it's quite wonderful useage of the KFm foil leaps out to the eye doesn't it.
Art-deco, ah yes, and something else...the Chrysler building in New York !



Ok, who snitched?,,,,,,


ApachePilot
Sep 08, 2009, 11:36 AM
Foam Av8r
RogueTitan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApachePilot

Like jack said, you don't need to print all 70 pages, just select the pages containing parts.





ApachePilot
Thanks for that tip Jack and AP I would have went ahead and printed all of the pages LOL
Sep 08, 2009, 06:10 PM
Registered User
meanbaby's Avatar
well, so far me and wife taped all tiles, cut all parts, laminated wing and is now awaitting eletronics to be install


very easy built using dollar tree foam , and for the 50% kfm, i used staples black foam



-pete
Sep 08, 2009, 08:04 PM
Foam Av8r
RogueTitan's Avatar
LOL
You Johnny on the spot, Wasting no time at all on this build

Looks very pretty!
and the wing too
Sep 08, 2009, 08:21 PM
Father Francis, formerly Apach
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby
well, so far me and wife taped all tiles, cut all parts, laminated wing and is now awaitting eletronics to be install


very easy built using dollar tree foam , and for the 50% kfm, i used staples black foam



-pete

Pete,


Looking sharp.... great job ....!!!

Have you read my edited post on the first page regarding electronics?

PLease post what you use, so that others may have an idea what performance you recieve and with what electronics you install. Keep posting pics and perhaps a video if you have the chance.

Most importantly:......

Have fun and share your experiences with all of us as well as any pros and cons you may find in Divinity II. As the designer, I would like to keep up with all suggestions while working on my next project. (which is the Divinity Millenium) a 72 inch wing.


ApachePilot
Sep 08, 2009, 09:11 PM
Registered User
meanbaby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApachePilot
Pete,


Looking sharp.... great job ....!!!

Have you read my edited post on the first page regarding electronics?

PLease post what you use, so that others may have an idea what performance you recieve and with what electronics you install. Keep posting pics and perhaps a video if you have the chance.

Most importantly:......

Have fun and share your experiences with all of us as well as any pros and cons you may find in Divinity II. As the designer, I would like to keep up with all suggestions while working on my next project. (which is the Divinity Millenium) a 72 inch wing.


ApachePilot

Thanks everyone

AP, ya i read up on your edit

i have 2 extra motor that i will be testing on

blue monster 2212-1700kv http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

with a 8040 will give me about 20 oz of thrust

or a 2408-21 http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail
with a 7x6E prop giving me also 20oz of thrust

i have a few flightmax 3s 800's or 3s 1000's im going be using
and a hobbywing 30a esc
assan 2.4 7channel rx(stole it off my copterx 450 )

as shown on pic, i used a stick mount for the motor, cut through 3 sheets slotted it for the 10mm stick and epoxied it on


hopefully the maiden will be tomorrow morning is weather is good in NYC

i will bring both motor and fly a few pack on each to see which gives best duration and power


if all goes well, ill put on led's on her and bring to N.E.A.T in 2 weekend as my night flyer!

auw with the 2212-1700 and a 800 is just short of 13oz
Last edited by meanbaby; Sep 08, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
Sep 08, 2009, 09:20 PM
Registered User
meanbaby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan
LOL
You Johnny on the spot, Wasting no time at all on this build

Looks very pretty!
and the wing too
ill pass that on to my wife,

i ment thwe wing

Thanks!


-pete
Sep 08, 2009, 11:22 PM
Foam Av8r
RogueTitan's Avatar
Wow Pete
That wing is looking really sweet!
this Divinity wing will most assuredly be my next build right after I finish the F14.
I will need something to train on a bit on before I fly the tomcat for it has been over 20 years since I have flown I think this wing is the ticket.
Sep 09, 2009, 08:06 AM
Father Francis, formerly Apach
Thread OP
Pete,

I am glad you recieved my message and have ensured everything is set for this mornings maiden of your Divinity II. We all anxiously await any report and follow up.

If possible, please post pics of Divinity II passing by or overhead, as you have done a wonderful job with her. A short narative flight video could also be the ticket if it doesn't tax your morning too much.

May the winds be light, the sun at your back and may Divinity II take flight and soar.... I know she wants to......Just guide her, let her do the flying til she gets her wings..... Then it's game on and put her through her paces.


ApachePilot
Sep 09, 2009, 08:28 AM
Jack
jackerbes's Avatar
No one else seems to have noticed it but I see that my parts plan does not have any wing tip plates on it.

Frank,

I see from your first photos that those are a simple diamand shape, tell me the length and height of those and I'll add them to the drawing. Or I can fake it if you're on the road again already.

Pete,

Good looking build! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Jack
Sep 09, 2009, 08:49 AM
Father Francis, formerly Apach
Thread OP
Pete,

I haven't seen a pic showing the bottom, except one above ......

You do have another step at 25% on the bottom, right? another white one?

Divinity II uses 2 on the top as well as the cap, which I see you have done perfectly. BUt I only see one step,(the black one) on the bottom....

Just wanting to make sure.....


ApachePilot
Sep 09, 2009, 11:55 AM
Registered User
meanbaby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApachePilot
Pete,

I haven't seen a pic showing the bottom, except one above ......

You do have another step at 25% on the bottom, right? another white one?

Divinity II uses 2 on the top as well as the cap, which I see you have done perfectly. BUt I only see one step,(the black one) on the bottom....

Just wanting to make sure.....


ApachePilot
yes i have both steps on both sides

back from a great maiden, flew slow and good in abot 10-20mph winds
usually that kind of wind stop me from flying but i had to see how divinity handles and all i can say is she flew FINE!

the bm2212-1700kv give good power, good thrust but not fast motor, nice slow flying, have power to get you out of trouble if needed

i forgot to bring my other motor with me to test out but this motor gave me about 11 min of flying with throttle over 1/2 most of the time and a few spirts of full here and there to bail me out a few times when the wind picked up


the Divinity is truelly a good stable slow flyer with my setup as you can see in the following videos

please dont forget, wind was blowing so cant do much but fly back and forth with my limited experance( only flying for 3 months ) and a few hovering when i caught the wind at 1/4 throttle


i played with the Cog some, i like it when it was about 8 inch off nose, gave me a much better glide on power off and gave no nasty pitch up on throttle, flew stright as i can see with the wind blowing and the divinity 2 just kept her track!

Great job AP!!!! the kfm6 really really flew stable on all the wind and slow and in control all that time, like you said, it is very versitile wing!!!

videos are uploading, will post as they are done

divinity 2 with kfm6 (1 min 3 sec)

divinity 2 with kfm6 1st flight (3 min 36 sec)

divinity 2 with kfm6 (1 min 58 sec)


few more still uploading

divinity 2 with kfm6 maiden flights (1 min 32 sec)

that "something" was left winglet CA it back on and back up flying

-pete
/edit last videos for the day
divinity 2 with kfm6 (4 min 56 sec)

divinity 2 with kfm6 (3 min 1 sec)
Last edited by meanbaby; Sep 09, 2009 at 01:56 PM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schuebeler Vector II Build Thread Gordon Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 198 Jun 02, 2012 08:18 AM
Bitstream-II build thread bwanajim Electric Sailplanes 2 Dec 11, 2004 08:46 AM
FoamyFactory Pitts Challenger II Build Thread. Boss248 3D Flying 44 Aug 29, 2004 05:59 PM
Rave Taco II Build FINALLY FINISHED!!! Acer Parkflyers 10 Nov 01, 2003 10:20 AM
Flashback II Build Question edkoz Parkflyers 7 Oct 14, 2003 10:18 PM