May 17, 2009, 10:53 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Looks like we're going to build a couple for FB's to try out... will make one swept tail as per suggestion... Hinge line will be straight,not swept ..This moves up the effective rudder much higher up away from the wing ...??? All about testing anyway
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2009, 06:26 AM
gpw
gpw
Working on the birds ... weather is terrible for flying ... should have done some Ducks ....hahahahaha
May 21, 2009, 07:04 AM
Look outside the Square
As I sit here at work GPW it absolutly Bucketing Down and Blow'n, floods etc. If your Ducks want to fly South, tell them not to bother.... the weather here is shot as well .....

B x
May 21, 2009, 08:08 AM
Crash Master
it's been nice all week, here, but that's sure to change, since we have the big race Sunday

Moving over to the track tonight....
May 21, 2009, 11:55 AM
gpw
gpw
Planning on a little "tailgating" Gene ??? Sounds like FUN !!!

Here's the KF bird pics ... working on a plain one too... oops !!! forgot to remove all the ink
May 23, 2009, 03:25 AM
My plans are in my blog
Yep,these will fly. Plenty of sweep to keep the plane stable.
May 23, 2009, 06:21 AM
gpw
gpw
Thanks Rusty,if the weather improves, we'll get a chance to fly it.... 90% chance of rain today ...grrrrr and tomorrow...
May 23, 2009, 12:42 PM
For the Horde!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Planning on a little "tailgating" Gene ??? Sounds like FUN !!!

Here's the KF bird pics ... working on a plain one too... oops !!! forgot to remove all the ink
GPW what are you using for removing the ink from the FFF?
May 23, 2009, 05:14 PM
gpw
gpw
Hat, 91% alcohol from the grocery/drug store ... MS's trick ,Cheap,works great!!! Bathroom tissue works great as a soft paper towel ... keep wiping the ink with a clean side of the paper or the ink will smear and make the foam look dirty... more wiping..
May 23, 2009, 05:25 PM
My plans are in my blog
We're sporting hign winds and rain, it helps break up/melts the ice in the Arctic Ocean this time of year. We don't fly much.
May 23, 2009, 06:40 PM
gpw
gpw
Rusty...We'd come to rely on FMS to get our "fix" during inclement weather...but PC croaked.... maybe the weather will get better??? hahahahahaha
May 24, 2009, 04:14 PM
gpw
gpw
OK, got a bird into MS's hands... now we'll see how fast it can really go ....
May 24, 2009, 06:12 PM
http://f3dwc2009.dagored.de/images/Randy1024.jpg seems to be a tried and tested consept?
May 24, 2009, 07:33 PM
My plans are in my blog
Ragath... not the same wing shape.
May 24, 2009, 07:49 PM
I Love My Ember!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn
Ragath... not the same wing shape.
Admittedly a SICK plane though.

Quick Reply