Thread Tools
May 05, 2009, 08:30 AM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

B26 Marauder


Hi folks,

I am trying to find out if there would be interest in a IMAA legal size 80"+ wingspan, B26 Marauder builders quick build kit.

I have designed and introduced a 60" version, and have tamed the design such that it is very easy to fly. There is detailed info on this kit at my website http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=116 and a flight video and construction manual. There is also a build thread under the scale electric category at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=940102

A few people who have built, or seen the 60" version and seen it fly have asked for an 80+" version.

Please take a look at the 60" version and let me know how many of you will be willing to purchase a 86" or 10% scale quick build kit for around $249.

The kit would include around 11 to 13 pre-shaped parts, and a quality set of plastics as shown on the above mentioned kit.

If there is sufficient interest and commitment to buy this kit, that would make it commercially viable for me to do one, I would.

Please give me your valued feedback.

Fahim
Wowplanes.com
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2009, 08:37 AM
Done it all
Fahim,

Count one, I'd buy the kit tomorrow.

Al
May 07, 2009, 10:58 PM
Onward and Upward
CatManDu's Avatar

86 inch Martin B-26 Marauder


Quote:
Originally Posted by awrightbrother
Hi folks,

I am trying to find out if there would be interest in a IMAA legal size 80"+ wingspan, B26 Marauder builders quick build kit.

I have designed and introduced a 60" version, and have tamed the design such that it is very easy to fly. There is detailed info on this kit at my website http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=116 and a flight video and construction manual. There is also a build thread under the scale electric category at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=940102

A few people who have built, or seen the 60" version and seen it fly have asked for an 80+" version.

Please take a look at the 60" version and let me know how many of you will be willing to purchase a 86" or 10% scale quick build kit for around $249.

The kit would include around 11 to 13 pre-shaped parts, and a quality set of plastics as shown on the above mentioned kit.

If there is sufficient interest and commitment to buy this kit, that would make it commercially viable for me to do one, I would.

Please give me your valued feedback.

Fahim
Wowplanes.com
Fahim,

Count me in! I've always wanted a big B-26 Marauder. Please keep us advised. Thanks,

Randy
May 10, 2009, 07:56 PM
Registered User

Awsome Idea


A Marauder would be an awsome idea. I have been looking for one to build as my wifes father was the chief test pilot for Martin on the B-26. I have pics and his flight logs from then. Any idea what it would go for?
Gary
May 11, 2009, 12:36 PM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Thread OP
There have been 3 sign ups in 6 days. Not bad, a few more and it will make economical sense for me to do it.

meihls, I am aiming for $249 + or - a few dollars. The exact cost will be known once I cut the first propotype.

Fahim
May 11, 2009, 03:32 PM
Registered User
Absolutely yes, are you taking preorders :-)
May 12, 2009, 08:00 AM
Registered User

And me


I would be very interested in such a kit.

Thanks,
Ed in Columbus, OH
May 14, 2009, 10:16 AM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Thread OP
I am in the process of scaling up my 60" B26 design. Once I get to the stage where I have cut the first prototype, I will have a better idea of the shipping weight and size of box, then I will open up a webpage on my website for pre-ordering. In about 1 to 2 weeks from now.

Fahim
May 14, 2009, 12:11 PM
No such thing as overpowered
Wilit run? 353's Avatar
I would get one but I think I would be more likly to get one if there was a UK distributor. I think you should get one because I really do like the wowplanes series and it would be welcomed in the UK.

Go for a 85"-95" marauder
May 14, 2009, 02:48 PM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Thread OP
Well we don't have a UK distributor as yet, but I do have a question.

Why would you prefer to buy from a UK distributor as opposed to direct-from-factory? Distributors have to add shipping costs and import duties and their mark up, so it could cost you more that buying direct.
Fahim


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilit run? 353
I would get one but I think I would be more likly to get one if there was a UK distributor. I think you should get one because I really do like the wowplanes series and it would be welcomed in the UK.

Go for a 85"-95" marauder
May 14, 2009, 03:02 PM
No such thing as overpowered
Wilit run? 353's Avatar
its just the hassle but you have tempted me now
May 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Thread OP
I have started ordering my supplies from HK, half way round the world and it needs the same amount of mouse clicks and it gets here sooner than from a local distributor.

"In the age of the internet, geography has become history".

Fahim



Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilit run? 353
its just the hassle but you have tempted me now
Jun 23, 2009, 10:53 PM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Thread OP
Hello folks,

Just an update. I have not gone to sleep. The 80+" B26 is still on my list. I am finishing off a Hawker Hurricane at present at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post12247881

As soon as I am done there, I will get on earnestly with the Big Bird B26

Fahim
Jul 07, 2009, 12:01 AM
Registered User
AMcC's Avatar
Fahim

Sound tempting but do you have a rough idea of what the postage cost would be to Australia.
Jul 07, 2009, 02:58 PM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMcC
Fahim

Sound tempting but do you have a rough idea of what the postage cost would be to Australia.
I don't have a final weight for the box and contents until I cut the first one, but I used 10 lbs going International Priority Mail delivered in 6 to 10 days and it came to $68.07

Fahim


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product B26 Marauder awrightbrother Scale Kit/Scratch Built 522 Jun 14, 2012 06:02 PM
Discussion EPF Hobby digital retracts-Wowplanes B26 Marauder redtail Electric Warbirds 5 Jan 03, 2009 07:01 PM
New Product B26 Marauder awrightbrother Scale Kit/Scratch Built 5 Dec 15, 2008 08:36 AM
Discussion B26 Marauder or Ju88 Flyer88 Electric Warbirds 4 Aug 18, 2007 05:13 PM