May 04, 2009, 08:08 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Fly-In

Fort Worth Thunderbirds Warbird Fly In: RESCHEDULED! July 11, Benbrook, TX

After being rained out in May, this event is on on for one week from today, on July 11. Brave the heat and come on out!

If you live in the DFW area, or within driving distance, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone with a warbird model to come join us on July 11 at the Forth Worth Thunderbirds Warbird event.

This has historically been mostly a glow/gas event, but in the last few years, more and more electric warbirds have been showing up. I would really like to get more electric fliers out to this great event.

map to field on club web site:

http://www.fwthunderbirds.org
Last edited by Thomas B; Jul 04, 2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Date change!
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2009, 10:24 PM
Lost in the Sky
Happening tomorrow.
May 16, 2009, 04:31 AM
MDKing
with all the rain, is it still going on? Driving in from Sherman
May 16, 2009, 06:47 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
I am heading out there, even with the rain.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
May 16, 2009, 07:53 AM
Lost in the Sky
It doesn't look much worse than the Texoma Meet was in Sherman on the 4th.
May 16, 2009, 11:57 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Well, the weather won out today. The event is provisionally rescheduled for June 27, pending the approval of the AMA District 8 event coordinator.
May 16, 2009, 12:02 PM
Let us know Thomas - weather is a bugger for sure - I was out camping with the scouts last night. Not much fun!

Mike
May 16, 2009, 12:04 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Let us know Thomas - weather is a bugger for sure - I was out camping with the scouts last night. Not much fun!

Mike
Roger that...hope some of the DFW electric folks can make it then, too!
May 16, 2009, 07:19 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
Well, the weather won out today. The event is provisionally rescheduled for June 27, pending the approval of the AMA District 8 event coordinator.
What does "approval" mean. If a club wants to hold an event on a certain date can the AMA not approve it? Why should the AMA care?
May 16, 2009, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin
What does "approval" mean. If a club wants to hold an event on a certain date can the AMA not approve it? Why should the AMA care?
It's just a matter of trying to help deconflict the events in the area. They try to keep no more the "fun-fly" type events farther than 75 miles (100 miles) apart to keep events from "stealing" participants from each other.

I might be able to make it on June 27th.
Jul 04, 2009, 01:57 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
There was a conflict on June 27, so the new date is now July 11th. See original post for all details!
Jul 04, 2009, 03:21 PM
Is this at the new field or "old" one?
Jul 04, 2009, 03:57 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Is this at the new field or "old" one?
Still at the old field......Given that the government is building our replacement field, it is not too surprising that it is running behind schedule...
Jul 05, 2009, 07:14 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
"Given that the government is building our replacement field, it is not too surprising that it is running behind schedule... "

Thomas,

Shame on you!

I'm tellin' !

Wish I could come.

Hope you get a good turn-out!

Gary
Jul 05, 2009, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
Still at the old field......Given that the government is building our replacement field, it is not too surprising that it is running behind schedule...
Shocking - just shocking...

I'll bring the new BAe Hawk.... for a "pre event" flight.....

It is a looker.....

Mike

Quick Reply