May 03, 2009, 06:09 PM
kill your idols
Thread OP
Help!

gma coustomed mccoy blackhead 35 control line

does anyone know more about this engine
if seller is correct and he seems genuine when i spoke to him
this is a fairly rare engine and id like to see it on a nobler or a flight streak
seller had it buy it now for 199 for 6 months and just listed the other day for 19 with free shipping to us

it seems very diffrent than any mccoy ive ever seen any advice on it would be a huge asset please i only have 3 hours to bid again

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180351732963
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2009, 06:58 PM
I have no idea myself but I think you might get a better response in this forum:
https://www.rcgroups.com/engines-140/

Time is against you on this... Tick Tock!
Good luck! LT
May 03, 2009, 07:10 PM
kill your idols
Thread OP
[QUOTE=lightthings]I have no idea myself but I think you might get a better response in this forum:
https://www.rcgroups.com/engines-140/

Time is against you on this... Tick Tock!
Good luck! LT[/QUOTE

thank you for your help and advice ill check there too
May 03, 2009, 08:31 PM

McCoy

Its a hybrid. Old red head with series 21 top end. He made new pistons for these and ran quite well. It will live longer than any stock engine.
Dan
May 03, 2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you for that information Dan, As I stated in my last post, I really didn't know about this engine or its modifications.

Is this something like a drop in modification or is there some real machine work to make it so?

Would this particular engine be better off in a collection or used as a runner?
LT
May 03, 2009, 10:29 PM

McCoy

This was made to run as a classic contest engine. The seies 21 cylinder bolts are slightly different and need some work to fit red head case. Easy to do but need to go slow. The series 21 had a ring. George called his engine the Mc Gas and filed off McCoy logo.
Dan
May 04, 2009, 09:07 AM
kill your idols
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
Its a hybrid. Old red head with series 21 top end. He made new pistons for these and ran quite well. It will live longer than any stock engine.
Dan
thank you everybody for advice unfortunatly my internet died when i wanted to snipe it by hand at end i would have paid 2 times sale price
now that i know this
i had other parties contact me and tell me they ran better hot than most mccoys do too but ill get them next time

Quick Reply