The Hobby Lobby Telemaster Prize Drop - RC Groups
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2009, 08:23 PM
I passed two guys with about 40 yards left and had them smoked by a good 10 yards by the time I was almost at the first chute. And then, 10 yards from victory, my legs reminded me that it had been a good 10 years since I ran on the track team ... and then just buckled as I hit the ground, having only enough time to windmill for a second and mutter "you've got to be kidding me" as I went down face first.

For a brief instant as I hit the ground, I thought "maybe somebody will help me up." I made it to my feet again before the guy I had smoked blew past me and claimed his victory. *sigh* Maybe next year ...
May 02, 2009, 08:28 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Dude! I am sorry but that was the funniest thing I've read in quite some time. The coding doesn't do much for the forty time does it?
May 02, 2009, 11:41 PM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
PerlAddict,

I don't know if that was you, but there was somebody on my right as we were approaching that ditch. All I know is they tripped and ate it hard...dust cloud city. Sorry I didn't stop to help you up...but I did change course a little and head for the chute you had your eyes on!

Andy
May 03, 2009, 10:39 AM
TRP
TRP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose
PerlAddict,

All I know is they tripped and ate it hard...dust cloud city. Sorry I didn't stop to help you up...but I did change course a little and head for the chute you had your eyes on!

Andy
no... THAT was the funniest thing I've read in a long time.
May 03, 2009, 05:45 PM
Looks like alot of fun.
May 03, 2009, 06:58 PM
Bill, I'm still fast! WHICH forty? The first forty, or the last four forties after it? I felt like I had run a 5k by the end of that silly run. My poor legs just don't have the stamina they had 10 years ago.

My proudest running moment was probably a terrible near-whiff swing during softball a few years back that sent the ball straight to the pitcher's mound ... and beating out the throw to first base.

My most humbling running moment ever was my right leg saying "I quit" on Friday afternoon and eating the dirt right in front of dee-grose, apparently.

It was a tough weekend for me and my luck ... first I nearly kill myself in a parachute run across the taxiway ditch that time forgot, and then somebody nails me in the leg with some Futana-looking plane sporting a 16 x 10 prop on the flight line the next day right as they touched down to land. I heard "Look out!" from my wife, wheels touching the ground half of a split second later, and then BAM. But I didn't drop my Hyperion P-51. (though I did send it cartwheeling into the tall grass right after that ... *sigh*). I guess all that running hardened me up, though ... I got away with a few scratches and a bruise, but I knocked that motor and nose clean off that plane with my shin.

I'll be prepared next year. At least I didn't have to run in the candy drop ... those kids must've thought they'd run a mile by the time they got there and back.
Last edited by PerlAddict; May 03, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
May 03, 2009, 07:05 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Believe me you have got me beat for sure
May 03, 2009, 07:10 PM
Foam is good.
Next year, i'm gonna camp out in the woods prior to the drop.
May 03, 2009, 09:15 PM
PerlAddict,

Hey, that was you I was talking to this morning when we were packing up our stuff. I asked you if you were the one that got hit by the plane. If you didn't recognize me, I'm the one in Fred's video with my brother singing about our Atlanta Hobby sock tatoos!

Funny stuff...

Andy
May 03, 2009, 11:37 PM
Ahhh, dude! I wish I had realized that was you, man! I definitely remember ya. Good to meet you, and glad to have a face to put with a name, even if it came after the fact. Hope to bump into ya again next year.
May 04, 2009, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerlAddict
Hope to bump into ya again next year.
So you're just planning on out-right tripping me next year, eh? I see how you roll...hahaha...that was funny. I really do know how you "roll"...in the dirt!

Yeah, man, I wish I had realized that was you. Good times for sure!

Andy
May 04, 2009, 08:54 AM
Brian
I'm still sore from sprinting 260 yards after that little parachute guy...didn't get one either. I was about 10 yards behind Andy.

It's amazing how long it takes for the out-of-shape body to heal....
May 04, 2009, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brivers
I'm still sore from sprinting 260 yards after that little parachute guy...didn't get one either. I was about 10 yards behind Andy.

It's amazing how long it takes for the out-of-shape body to heal....
Me too! I found some muscles in my legs that I didn't know I had. Ouch!
May 04, 2009, 09:50 AM
Chillin till SEFF
better get some shin guards and pads for next year PA. Sounds like I need stay clear of you man