Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 01, 2009, 03:38 PM
Discussion

Just picked up my gpv-1 today for $199

well i made an impulse buy today and yes its a gpv-1..looks good but i had a few Q.C. problems..the first one was when i turned it on the first time the switch came apart (i was very easy on it)and the side that clips in the switch fell on the ground and i cant find it.also the rec. was un-stuck from the chassis and i will have to re-double tape it.the decals are not applied very well and are wrinkeled all over.other than that as of right now it is very cool and i cant wait to give it a try.it does look to be high quality for the price though..mike
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2009, 05:35 PM
in memory of dez RIP
the sticker guy has issues !!! most were like this as for the switch havent had a problem with that yet . also the reciver i had to pry mine off thought i was going to brake it . mabe it got some heat some where . along the way . with shipping now days things travel way out of the way to get where they need to go !!!
May 02, 2009, 01:04 AM
I haven't heard of any switch failures either, but yeahj the stickers, just peel off what you don;t like.

As for everything else, check the 'Hints and Tips' thread to get the best out of it...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1037774
May 02, 2009, 11:14 AM
i found my little cover for the switch and it snaped right back on.i re-pressed the rec.back on its holding well.so now its all good..now about the deacals, i removed what i didnt like and added a few. i really like the clear windshield idea.thanks dez82 for your research..
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 02, 2009 at 04:38 PM.
May 02, 2009, 11:53 AM
Very nice, I am just collating all ideas and putting them in one place wit ha few of my own findings, whenever I see a good point I add it to the list, so keep them coming guys!
For the greater good
May 02, 2009, 03:08 PM
i like to do this to my fairings,(cut the ram air hole) just my tastes though, for realizm, i did it to my 501 also..i love to dremel!!still working on windshield.i pulled the original decals off that i wanted to keep and re-applied them and all the wrinkels are gone.. its looking better and better to me.
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 02, 2009 at 04:10 PM.
May 02, 2009, 04:10 PM

got the glass in

im happy with the results.i used scrape lexan from a 501 body.the trick was to hold it in a pair of adjustable locking pliers, sqeezing it to the shape and heating it slowly (or it will haze up) with a heat gun..my first attempt was not near this nice so i tried it agian and bingo!.