This thread is privately moderated by wingbeat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 30, 2009, 04:02 PM
Gravity gets me down.
Thread OP
Cool

My now "Classic" Weasel Pro.

Had a Weasel Pro from Dream-Flight NIB, so I built it up for our MidWest Whatever Fest.
• Sports bagged balsa elevons, because my old Weasel's elevons got wonky.
• I put in a thin basswood TE, because my old Weasel's TE went all kaflooey.
• Covering is Ultracoat, except nose/tips, which are Solartex and goop, because my old Weasel had this treatment and it held up to abuse.
• The tail slips in- held into place with rare earth magnets, because I wanted an easier to remove tail than my old Weasel.
• The tail is a carbon tow & balsa sandwich, because my old Weasel's corroplast tail was more bent outta shape than a raving fundamentalist.

* And the super fine stenciled Axis of Weasel tail? Don't know what happened there. No explanation. I put an exacto knife under my pillow one night and the build fairy went bonkers.
Last edited by wingbeat; Apr 30, 2009 at 04:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2009, 05:14 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbeat
No explanation. I put an exacto knife under my pillow one night and the build fairy went bonkers.
No explanation needed. We have all had this experience. Those durn build fairies!
Apr 30, 2009, 06:15 PM
GOT WIND?
Wow nice job I would love to make similar modifications to my Weasel. I understand every single reason why you did what you did. You fixed all the issues with the plane.... NICE WORK!!

Wow magnets on the tail, what a diferent approach.
-Jason
Apr 30, 2009, 06:29 PM
iWeasel
Looks tight and clean. I like what you did with the colors on the fuse. What's the AUW?
Apr 30, 2009, 09:10 PM
Gravity gets me down.
Thread OP
he he he- thanks all...

AUW? I have no clue. She's a bit heavier than my old one. I'll have to weigh it. I don't measure when I cook, nor weigh when I build. And my cooking isn't bad! lol

I lost weight on the tail itself. The elevons are a wash actually. Eventhough I bagged them, I thinned them down considerably. Hinges are light goop and polyspan/ ultracote. I know I gained weight with the 4 magnets for the tail mount. I made a balsa saddle- drilled through it and the tail to align the magnets. 2 are on opposite sides in the fuse- 2 in the tail. Other weight gain was lightweight spackle, then a slim coat of pu glue to smooth the wing. Gear is 555 Rx, and 125mgs- just cuz I had them layin' around.
I think it may be 15-16oz.

I just fly it faster. No worries
May 01, 2009, 03:44 AM
That's NICE
May 03, 2009, 11:03 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Thread OP
Had a request for the location of magnets.
Sorry for the crap pic- need a new camera!
May 07, 2009, 08:23 AM
By far the nicest looking Evo I've seen .. Thanks for sharing it.
JimS
May 07, 2009, 08:46 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123
By far the nicest looking Evo I've seen .. Thanks for sharing it.
JimS

Thanks Jim- but this is my Weasel Pro...
hoping my wEvo will be as nice.

It's in the works. I've found a method and material to get the molded EPP smooth, all vent holes and mold marks filled or sanded down.

Will post when I decide what scheme to paint it with.
cheers,
'beat
May 07, 2009, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbeat
Thanks Jim- but this is my Weasel Pro...
hoping my wEvo will be as nice.

It's in the works. I've found a method and material to get the molded EPP smooth, all vent holes and mold marks filled or sanded down.

Will post when I decide what scheme to paint it with.
cheers,
'beat
was wondering where the seams and circle on top disappeared to.. Hope you do a new Build Thread or take a buncha picts.. I haven't started my EVO build yet and likely can use the help.. Regards, JimS

Quick Reply