Apr 29, 2009, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Thunder Power RC 50% Off Trade-Up Program and 25% Off Show Specials at SEFF 2009

Introducing the UNPRECEDENTED 50% Off LiPo Battery Trade-Up Program

Available EXCLUSIVELY from Thunder Power RC for all attendees of S.E.F.F. 2009!

Thunder Power RC is excited to announce that beginning Friday, May 1st at 10:00AM, all attendees of S.E.F.F. 2009 are eligible to participate in the new and unprecedented 50% Off LiPo Battery Trade-Up Program. This unbelievable program allows you to trade-in and upgrade (trade-up) any one of your LiPo batteries, regardless of brand and model, toward the purchase of an all-new Thunder Power RC Pro Lite V2 20C or Pro Power 30C battery at 50% off the current MAP/street price!

More About the Trade-Up Program

Jason Merkle, Executive VP for Thunder Power RC stated, “Thunder Power has long been a company and brand of many firsts in the advancement of the market and performance of LiPo batteries for RC aircraft, such as being the first to introduce a 50% Off Damage Replacement Program for our products more than 6 years ago.” Jason continued, “And now, with incredible power delivery up to 25% higher and cycle life delivery up to 5-times longer than many batteries we and other brands offered before, we’re now the first to allow users of any brand of LiPo battery the opportunity to upgrade one of their batteries to the new industry-leading and standard-creating performance our all-new Pro Lite V2 20C and Pro Power 30C series batteries offer, at a price and value that’s hard to beat. We know when you have the opportunity to test one of these new batteries in your model first-hand it’ll be the ultimate testament to the vastly superior performance and true revolution in LiPo batteries we’re once again excited to lead the way with.”

Features and Benefits of the Pro Lite V2 20C and Pro Power 30C series batteries include:

• Cells built using premium quality Japanese-made materials, including the latest in super-fine substrate (nano-like) materials and technology to offer vastly superior power, capacity and cycle life delivery never before seen

• Pro Lite V2 20C batteries are capable of being charged safely at rates up to 4C, while Pro Power 30C batteries are capable of being charged safely at rates up to 5C (when using approved charger/balancer combinations)

• Offer the industry’s highest level of power delivery at the lowest possible weight, delivering up to 25% more power under typical and heavy loads

• Industry-leading cycle life and longevity up to 5-times better than other brands offers long-lasting value and performance

• 1-year warranty and 50% Off Damage Replacement Program offering the best warranty and support available in the industry today!

To participate in the trade-up program, bring one LiPo battery (or set of batteries if used in series and/or parallel to power a single model) in new, used or defective form and in good, well-kept condition (please, no batteries that have been excessively used or damaged), regardless of brand and model, to the Thunder Power RC booth near the flight line. At the booth, a TPRC associate will assist with your trade-in and upgrade purchase of any applicable Thunder Power RC Pro Lite V2 20C or Pro Power 30C battery at 50% off the current MAP/street price! Please also note that Thunder Power brand LiPo batteries outside their 1-year warranty and 50% Off Damage Replacement Program window are also eligible for the trade-up program.

Limited Terms and Conditions

• Participation in the program and redemption of the 50% off discount is limited to one battery (or set of batteries if used in series and/or parallel to power a single model) per person.

• The 50% off discount is applied to the current MAP/street price found on the product and price lists (updated 04/23/09) provided by Thunder Power RC (TPRC) at the S.E.F.F. 2009 event. The final price including the 50% off discount will be rounded to the nearest whole cent. Please also note, TPRC is not responsible for typographical errors, price variances or other inaccuracies in the prices shown on these lists and reserves the right to update and correct pricing as needed (as a result, all prices shown on the product and price lists are subject to change).

• The 50% off discount can only be applied toward the purchase of an applicable Pro Lite V2 20C or Pro Power 30C series battery directly from Thunder Power RC (Advance Energy, Inc.). This discount cannot be applied toward the purchase of Pro Lite V2 20C or Pro Power 30C series batteries through any TPRC authorized (or unauthorized) dealer or distributor.

• Thunder Power RC reserves the right to determine the applicable value and/or potential acceptance of any trade-in battery. Trade-in batteries can be in new, used or defective form, but must be in reasonably good and well-kept condition. Please do not offer an excessively used or damaged battery for trade-in as the battery may not be accepted. Also, any brand and model of battery with a minimum manufacturer’s rated capacity of 200mAh, including Thunder Power brand LiPo batteries outside their 1-year warranty and 50% Off Damage Replacement Program window, is eligible for the upgrade program.

• If Thunder Power RC accepts your trade-in battery, you are eligible to receive the 50% off discount and you transfer all right, title and interest in the trade-in battery to TPRC. Also, your transfer of the trade-in battery to TPRC may not be revoked by you at any time, however, TPRC may agree (at their discretion) to transfer all right, title and interest in the trade-in battery back to you if they deem applicable special circumstances apply.

• Any brand and model of battery accepted for trade-in with a manufacturer’s rated capacity of minimum 200mAh to 2700mAh, regardless of cell count, makes you eligible for the purchase of any Pro Lite V2 20C or Pro Power 30C series battery of 2700mAh or less, in any available cell count, at the 50% off price (for example, it’s not possible to trade-in a 3S 11.1V 1320mAh battery and then purchase a 6S 22.2V 5000mAh battery at the 50% off price).

• Any brand and model of battery accepted for trade-in with a manufacturer’s rated capacity of more than 2700mAh, regardless of cell count, makes you eligible for the purchase of any Pro Lite V2 20C or Pro Power 30C series battery, in any available capacity and cell count, at the 50% off price.

• Institutions, resellers, etc. are not eligible for this offer if they intend to use or sell the trade-up battery for commercial and/or financial gain.

• The inventory of Pro Lite V2 20C and Pro Power 30C batteries available at the S.E.F.F. 2009 event is limited to stock on hand and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. However, if any item is out of stock it can be backordered and shipped directly to you from the Las Vegas, NV based corporate and production facility as soon as available with no additional charge for shipping. Also, while you must still provide TPRC with the trade-in battery at the event in order to be eligible to receive the 50% off discount and to backorder the applicable battery of your choice, you will not be charged for the trade-up battery until it is ready to ship.

• Thunder Power RC reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions, modify the offer, or end the offer at any time without notice.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions, please feel free to speak with an associate in the Thunder Power RC booth for further assistance.
Last edited by Jason M; Apr 29, 2009 at 03:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2009, 03:26 AM
Thread OP

25% Off Show Specials

Hello everyone,

In conjunction with the 50% Off Trade-Up Program, we're also very excited to announce that nearly all Thunder Power RC products will be available at incredible 25% off show special pricing at the Atlanta Hobby and Shulman Aviation booths for the duration of the event! Please be sure to visit Cliff, Don and their teams to check out their unbelievable selections of Pro Lite V2 20C and Pro Power 30C series batteries, chargers, balancers and much more.

We'll be leaving Las Vegas mid-day Wednesday and will arrive in Americus late Wednesday night. We hope to have our booth set up and more than 140 different batteries from our Pro Lite V2 20C, Pro Power 30C, the newly announced Pro Power 40C, Sport Race 25C and Pro Race 40C lines on display by mid-day Thursday. The man himself, Charlie (aka Mr. Thunder Power) and his wonderful wife Amanda will be at the field on Friday and Saturday, so please come by the booth to say hello to them and our field team!

Also, our many thanks to all those who have supported us since attending our first SEFF event in 2003, and we look forward to another great SEFF event here in 2009!

Jason
Apr 29, 2009, 03:33 AM
Thread OP

Pro Lite V2 20C Series Highlights

And for those interested in learning more about the Pro Lite V2 20C and Pro Power 30C series batteries, please see the info and files below:

All-New Pro Lite V2 20C Series Features and Benefits

• Replaces the ever-popular, industry-standard and industry-leading Pro Lite series of batteries at prices up to 20% less while delivering upwards of 20% more power and increased cycle life

• Offers the industry’s highest capacities at the lowest weights and in the smallest sizes possible

• Industry-leading cycle life and longevity up to 4-times better than other brands offers long-lasting value and performance

• Perfectly suited for micro indoor slow flyer, 3D parkflyer, giant-scale airplanes and everything in between

• Excellent choice for sport and 3D micro and mini helicopters when maximum flight time and great power at minimum possible weight is desired

• Capable of continuous discharge rates up to 20C and burst discharge rates up to 40C, delivering higher voltage under typical and heavy loads and offering up to 20% more power than Pro Lite series batteries

• 20-30% more useable capacity and similar or even more power than other 20C to even 30C continuous discharge rate capable batteries

• Capable of being charged safely at rates up to 4C (when using approved charger/balancer combinations)

• Cells are built using premium quality Japanese-made materials, including the latest in super-fine substrate (nano-like) materials and technology to offer vastly superior power, capacity and cycle life delivery never before seen

• Cells are matched by internal resistance, capacity and voltage for maximum power and cycle life delivery with packs assembled by Thunder Power RC in Las Vegas, NV USA

• All the most popular capacities from 250mAh to 2100mAh are available, plus, the addition of 2600mAh, 3300mAh, 3900mAh, 4350mAh and 5000mAh capacities expands the series to offer Pro Lite V2 battery solutions for .15-size and larger models too

• Available in configurations from 1S 3.7V up to 10S 37.0V to fit a wide variety of applications

• The series of choice for top airplane pilots like Andrew Jesky, Jason Shulman, Quique Somenzini, Scott Stoops and more

• Includes 1-year warranty and 50% off damage replacement program offering the best warranty and support available in the industry today!

Specific Pro Lite V2 20C Series Product Highlights

• The 250mAh and 350mAh series batteries are available in 1S 3.7V to 3S 11.1V configurations for use in indoor micro flyer, slow flyer, 3D and F3P models

• The 2S 7.4V 910mAh battery (TP910-2SJPL2) features an all-new shape that allows it to be a drop-in fit upgrade for E-flite® Blade CX, CX2 and CX3 helicopters, offering the most power and capacity available, all at a price lower than the stock battery

• The always popular 480mAh, 730mAh, 1350mAh and 2100mAh series batteries are still the lightest and longest lasting, and now also the most powerful batteries in their class

• The 2600mAh series batteries offer 15-20% more useable capacity and power than most 2200mAh 25C to 30C continuous discharge rate capable batteries at the same or even lower weight and price

• The 3300mAh to 5000mAh series batteries offer the same capacity and more power than similar capacity eXtreme V2 series batteries, but at lower prices, lower weight and with 4-times more cycle life

• The 5S 18.5V 5300mAh battery (TP5300-5SPL2) is specifically designed to deliver maximum power and cycle life, at the minimum possible weight per capacity, when used to power competition 2-meter pattern models (use 2pcs in series as 10S 37.0V)
Apr 29, 2009, 03:36 AM
Thread OP

Pro Power 30C Series Highlights

All-New Pro Power 30C Series Features and Benefits

• Replaces the popular eXtreme V2 series of batteries at prices up to 15% less while delivering up to 25% more power and 5-times more cycle life

• Offers the industry’s highest level of power delivery at the lowest weight possible (the same weight as most other 20C to 25C continuous discharge rate capable batteries with up to 25% more power)

• Industry-leading cycle life and longevity up to 5-times better than other brands offers long-lasting value and performance

• Perfectly suited for pylon racer, electric ducted fan (EDF) and other high-power airplane applications

• The best choice for maximum power and cycle life delivery for 250 to .90/700-size extreme 3D performance helicopter models

• Capable of continuous discharge rates up to 30C and burst discharge rates up to 60C, delivering higher voltage under typical and heavy loads than most other 25C to even 35C continuous discharge rate capable batteries

• Capable of being charged safely at rates up to 5C (when using approved charger/balancer combinations)

• Cells are built using premium quality Japanese-made materials, including the latest in super-fine substrate (nano-like) materials and technology to offer vastly superior power, capacity and cycle life delivery never before seen

• Cells are matched by internal resistance, capacity and voltage for maximum power and cycle life delivery with packs assembled by Thunder Power RC in Las Vegas, NV USA

• All the most popular capacities from 2250mAh to 5000mAh are available, plus, the addition of 850mAh, 1350mAh and 1800mAh capacities expands the series to offer Pro Power 30C battery solutions for indoor 3D foamie, micro helicopter, park flyer EDF and many other “small-size” high-power applications

• Available in configurations from 1S 3.7V up to 10S 37.0V to fit a wide variety of applications

• The series of choice for top pilots like Alan Szabo, Jason Krause, Bert Kammerer and many others

• Includes 1-year warranty and 50% off damage replacement program offering the best warranty and support available in the industry today!

Specific Pro Power 30C Series Product Highlights

• The 850mAh series batteries are perfect for powering T-REX 250 and outdoor 3D foamie models when maximum power with an excellent blend of weight and duration is desired

• The 1350mAh and 1800mAh series batteries feature all-new shapes that make them the perfect drop-in upgrade for a number of park flyer EDF and 1/18th scale cars and trucks

• The 3S 11.1V 2250mAh battery (TP2250-3SP30) is one of the most powerful batteries ever made available for powering 400/450 class helicopters and park flyer EDF models, offering up to 25% more power and 5-times more cycle life than the 3S 11.1V 2200mah eXtreme V2 battery at a price more than 10% less

• The 6S 22.2V 2700mah battery (TP2700-6SP30) is one of the most powerful batteries ever made available for powering any model of 500-class 3D helicopter

• The 3300mAh to 5000mAh series batteries offer the same capacity but upwards of 25% more power and 5-times more cycle life than similar capacity eXtreme V2 series batteries
Apr 29, 2009, 09:37 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
...in new, used or defective form and in good, well-kept condition (please, no batteries that have been excessively used or damaged), ...
So, exactly how puffy can they be??? I have one that is kinda... well, let me just say that I keep it in an ammo can!

I'm gonna bring it and find out. If that won't work, I'll find something else. This is one heck of a deal. I have never used a Thunder Power lipo before, but this is certainly enough to get me to try one out.
Apr 29, 2009, 10:18 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
I think the word "excessively" means that a simple puffed battery should be taken..

I would think "excessive" would indicate something along the lines of U-shaped batteries with no shrink on them anymore..

So.. my question..

Quote:
• Any brand and model of battery accepted for trade-in with a manufacturer’s rated capacity of minimum 200mAh to 2700mAh, regardless of cell count, makes you eligible for the purchase of any Pro Lite V2 20C or Pro Power 30C series battery of 2700mAh or less, in any available cell count, at the 50% off price (for example, it’s not possible to trade-in a 3S 11.1V 1320mAh battery and then purchase a 6S 22.2V 5000mAh battery at the 50% off price).
If I trade in a 2S 1200 can I buy a 4S 2200? I notice the rule states that it must be under 2700mah.. IE you cannot trade in a 3S 1320 for a 6S 5000.. but is that due to the fact that it is over 2700mah?
Apr 29, 2009, 10:19 AM
Very nice Jason!! As always Thunder power is doing it again...
These new packs are very nice. I have been flying the Pro-Lite V2 for a while now and they are still working just like new.

David Olsen
Apr 29, 2009, 02:50 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
AWESOME. My Siren needed 2 new 3s2100 used in parallel lipos. SWEET!
Apr 29, 2009, 03:00 PM
The TP booth ought to be busy this weekend!
Apr 29, 2009, 03:10 PM
Is there anywhere I can find a list of what the prices are going to be so I have the cash beforehand? I've got two 2S 1320mah 13C packs that were to be used in parallel for a FSK P-38 that are two years old and never used. I'm curious if they'll still hold a charge well. I really should have stored them at 50% charge, but I think I put them up with a 100% charge about a year ago.

Got a 3S 2250mah 25C v2 that I've run sparingly, and a 10S 5000mah 25C v2 that is exactly a year old and has never been run. I hate sitting on technology so long that the next stuff comes out with specs like 5 times the run life and 25% more power delivery. I'm sure this 10S will still kick out some juice, though.
Apr 29, 2009, 03:25 PM
Retardedly intelligent
yup, i'd like to trade in a lipo. I have a 3S 1320mah thunderpowerbatt that got puffed after 5 uses its not exxcessively puffed though I'm just afraid to use it
Apr 29, 2009, 03:52 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerlAddict
Is there anywhere I can find a list of what the prices are going to be so I have the cash beforehand? I've got two 2S 1320mah 13C packs that were to be used in parallel for a FSK P-38 that are two years old and never used. I'm curious if they'll still hold a charge well. I really should have stored them at 50% charge, but I think I put them up with a 100% charge about a year ago.

Got a 3S 2250mah 25C v2 that I've run sparingly, and a 10S 5000mah 25C v2 that is exactly a year old and has never been run. I hate sitting on technology so long that the next stuff comes out with specs like 5 times the run life and 25% more power delivery. I'm sure this 10S will still kick out some juice, though.

www.thunderpowerrc.com take a look at the lipo you want under the products page and take 1/2 off I would assume.
Apr 29, 2009, 04:27 PM
I looked on the site ... maybe I'm just blind, but I didn't see the Pro Power 30C's listed?
Apr 29, 2009, 05:32 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
You're right. My bad
Apr 29, 2009, 06:08 PM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
The site also lists the 20C pro lite V2 as 25C.

Quick Reply