Apr 28, 2009, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Help needed for Airboss 45 ESC

I am new to this ESC stuff. I bought a brand new Airboss 45 Elite ESC and 2814T/820 motor. I connected battery (2500mah 3S lipo) to ESC, ESC to motor, and BEC to RX. Then I turned the transmitter on, pulled the throttle stick down to idle position, turned the BEC switch on. According to instruction I am supposed to hear one tone from ESC but I didn't. Anyway, I get the power to my RX, but motor doesn't work. What may be the problem? Any quick help, opinions would be much appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2009, 04:16 PM
Suspended Account
Which transmitter and receiver are you using?
Apr 28, 2009, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
I'm using Futaba 7C FASST Tx and R617FS Rx. And yes, I reversed the throttle channel first as the ESC instructions say.
Apr 28, 2009, 05:18 PM
Can you connect a servo to the throttle-pins on the Rx to check that the throttle-stick operates the servo?
Apr 28, 2009, 06:06 PM
Thread OP
Yes, connecting a servo to throttle channel was the first thing I did, and it worked fine.
Apr 28, 2009, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
By the way, I've just checked the leadwires of the motor and measured the resistance of windings, all of them seems to be 0.2 Ohm. I guess motor is fine. But what's the problem with ESC?
Apr 28, 2009, 07:41 PM
Cumulus Altimus
you may have a OPTO ESC if so you need a rx pack try and hook up a rx pack then test if it comes on then you need a separate bec.
BTW you say bec to rx do you mean the servo looking wire from esc to rx?
Apr 28, 2009, 07:49 PM
Usual suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_Man
I'm using Futaba 7C FASST Tx and R617FS Rx. And yes, I reversed the throttle channel first as the ESC instructions say.
Did you also trim the throttle channel all the way down to the bottom?
Apr 28, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thread OP
I don't think Airboss 45 is an OPTO ESC. And yes, when I say BEC to Rx I mean servo-looking wire from ESC to Rx.

I didn't trim the throttle channel. End points in Throttle channel is -/+ 100% as suggested by the ESC instructions.
Apr 28, 2009, 08:24 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_Man
I don't think Airboss 45 is an OPTO ESC. And yes, when I say BEC to Rx I mean servo-looking wire from ESC to Rx.

I didn't trim the throttle channel. End points in Throttle channel is -/+ 100% as suggested by the ESC instructions.
it wont hert to hook up an rx pack.
ben
Apr 28, 2009, 08:25 PM
For Futaba, I find that you have to change the servo direction from normal to reverse for the throttle channel. Else it think you have the throttle at 100% when your stick is all the way down.
Apr 28, 2009, 08:27 PM
Cumulus Altimus
post #3
Apr 28, 2009, 08:32 PM
Thread OP
Ben: I will definetely try it first thing tomorrow (I left the gadgets in my office).
Chivy: I set the servo direction of throttle channel to reversed since instructions clearly say to do it so. Later, I also gave it a try in normal mode but nothing changed.

What are the chances that this bran new ESC is defective. Is there a method to check it.
Apr 28, 2009, 08:35 PM
Suspended Account
If you have a servo/esc tester, you can-most folks don't.

Are the positive/negative wires properly aligned in the receiver? (I've reversed them plenty of times-old eyes!)
Apr 28, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thread OP
Yes, they are properly aligned. I also reversed them to see if it changes anything, but then I lost power to rx, which confirmed the correct polarity.
Well, unfortunately, i don't have a servo/esc tester either :-(

Quick Reply