May 19, 2020, 05:08 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP

Test flown indoors and outdoors

Here's the finished bird.

I am very pleased at the performance of this model, given it only has a 10g 2000 Kv motor in it.

It flies relatively slow and stays aloft at half throttle. The prop is a GWS 5 x 4.3.

Indoors was quite easy, but outdoors was a bit blustery out. Once I got it out of turbulent air it was very manageable. That means that I could keep it into the wind. Rudder rolls and loops were very easy to accomplish.

At 125g (4.35 oz) she is very light with all that wing area (177.5 sq. in.) and comes in to 3.53 oz. per sq. ft. Compare that to our SEMFF Combat warbirds with 150 sq. in. wing area at 9 oz. gives a wing loading of 8.64 oz per sq. ft.

I am going to modify the design slightly to make the fuselage a little wider. I had to mount one servo higher that the other to prevent the control horns from crashing into each other. 1" wide on the inside, and I'll modify it to 1.375" inside. This will be designed for MPF through out, with 3D printed firewall and control horns. Then I will publish a set of plans.

Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; May 19, 2020 at 05:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2020, 01:34 PM
Had to do a double-take when I saw the 3d printed motor mount. That looks awesome!
May 20, 2020, 04:07 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiK
Had to do a double-take when I saw the 3d printed motor mount. That looks awesome!
I am very tickled with those.

Ken

Quick Reply