Old Apr 25, 2009, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by Jacques.Eloff
Help!

Timing for Hacker/Jeti Master Basic 90A Opto ESC

Hoping someone can help me here:

I have just purchased the Hacker/Jeti Master Basic 90A Opto ESC, but was bummed to find the instructions were in German . The dealer tells me to go the manufacturer's website, so I try www.jetimodel.cz and there is no manual there. I email Jeti and they say I must contact "Mr Hacker". Who the hell is this? Anyway, I did go on to www.hackerbrushless.com and they don't even list the Master Basic series.

Problem 1: I am trying to set the timing and I can just make out from the instructions there are 5 timing settings, each represented by no. of beeps in 5 repetitions. But these don't seem to make much difference to power. I was actually getting around 30% more power on another ESC I was using, so something must be wrong.

Problem 2: The brake seems to be on, as it only emits one beep when arming, and I can the brake kick in when I cut power. How do I turn this off? The programming mode only seems to run through the timing options, not any brake options.

Problem 3: The ESC seems to be on a soft start - it takes over 5 seconds to spool up to power. How do I select normal/hard start?

Background info - I am running the Mega FAI (16/25/2 variant) in EDF on 5S or 6S.

Thanks,
Jacques
Last edited by Jacques.Eloff; Apr 25, 2009 at 08:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2009, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by vintage1
Does this help?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by Jacques.Eloff
Thanks, Vintage1, thats most helpful!
Old Apr 26, 2009, 05:44 AM
Find More Posts by vintage1
Found it on Aircraft world site..
Old Apr 26, 2009, 05:55 AM
Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Supersonic Engineering
Jaques - it is also to be found on the Hacker site - here The hackerbrushless.com site is a different company.